Would it be wrong to put "Classic Style" inserts and stickers on JP AES games?

johhnnyD14

Hardened Shock Trooper
Say I had a JP Metal Slug 5, would it be a bad thing to use the "classic style" insert and sticker on it?

It might seem like a stupid question but I honestly couldn't resolve it.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
I wouldn't put the sticker on the cart. If you put the classic insert over the original one than ya, whatever. Just be sure to disclose it if you sell.

Arcade Magician

Goal! Goal! Goal!
Dude just the act of touching an AES cart is a bad thing, the "lard" on your fingers is corrosive.... eats the plastic.

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I would not do it.

And I would not break bread with a person who would do it.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I wouldn't put the sticker on the cart. If you put the classic insert over the original one than ya, whatever. Just be sure to disclose it if you sell.

I agree here. Use the new insert if you like but don't touch the label. You can always swap the insert back if you want, or give a buyer a choice if you ever sell it. I do this with my Samurai Shodown 2 to make them match as I have a US SS1 and a JP SS2.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I prefer JP inserts over US inserts all day...they just look nicer...I do like the US logos though. When I started doing MVS inserts and editing stuff I made an amalgamation of the two, it was ok, but Full Frontal Format is truly the best.

johhnnyD14

Hardened Shock Trooper
I prefer JP inserts over US inserts all day...they just look nicer...I do like the US logos though. When I started doing MVS inserts and editing stuff I made an amalgamation of the two, it was ok, but Full Frontal Format is truly the best.

I prefer the U.S. inserts, simply because of their uniformity. Not that the artwork on the JP inserts is bad or anything, but it's kind of a clusterfuck of colors when you put them alphabetically.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I like the colors, fuck uniformity, I don't want my stuff to look like an encyclopedia.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I never cared for the US or Euro inserts, so fucking bland.