World Cup 2014 BRASIL

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
Remember this 4 years ago WK 2010

Uruguays-Luis-Suarez-Hand-Of-God.gif

Suares acts as a second keeper with a third one standing next to him as he hits a ball out of the goal just before the end of the match, Ghana should have gone trough but missed the penalty and went out undeserved after the shoot out .
Uruguay coach called it an accident and Suares was the hero back home that day .

These people really want to win :lolz:

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
Get real.

From Wikipedia:

I am real. Just because it was popular doesn't mean my opinion is wrong. My opinion is all based upon soul. Look at the history and cultural impact of European football. Now look at the MLS. But we're not derailing this thread.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Suarez should be banned from playing football alltogether. He seems like a mentally unstable idiot to me who really shouldn't be allowed to mix with halfway sane players.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I am real. Just because it was popular doesn't mean my opinion is wrong. My opinion is all based upon soul. Look at the history and cultural impact of European football. Now look at the MLS. But we're not derailing this thread.

I agree that USA 94 felt pretty flat as a tournament, but let's be honest, for me that was because England didn't manage to qualify, not because of the location or the organisation. I thought the yanks did a good job of it, I reckon you'd find the Irish would agree too.

Having said that someone like Diana Ross or whoever it was missing the 4 yard penalty kick at the opening ceremony was pretty cringe.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
We will also throw in Postiga, who is like syphilis, but less itchy.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Theorectically... and using some Einstein type Maths...

Portugal can still make it thru into the 2nd round...

However, I'm of the theory... I'd rather bet on Obama getting a 3rd term as Prez of the USA....

xROTx

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
my phones data plan is maxed from watching the cup so took some time off tomorrow morning so i can go to a bar and watch ger/us.

France Ecuador should be fun later on today.

crappy game go figure.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
my phones data plan is maxed from watching the cup so took some time off tomorrow morning so i can go to a bar and watch ger/us.

crappy game go figure.

I blew out my ATT plan so I switched to tmobile to see if they throttle at all. I already clocked in 2 gigs since Monday when I switched.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Anyone following the Ghana situation? Their coach just tanked the match against Portugal and it's not even 3 hours to game time.

"Here are some pretty explosive quotes from Kevin-Prince Boateng, via German newspaper Bild: "Yesterday there was an incident during training. Sulley Muntari and me made some fun after a duel. I said that he played the ball with his hand. He denied it. I laughed and said: 'Hey, are you the ref or what?' We both laughed.

"Then our coach [Kwesi Appiah] stopped the whole training session and he asked us why we were laughing. We said that everything was fine. Then he sent us to the locker room."

He adds: "After training I went up to the coach and asked whether he had a minute for me to talk to him. I asked him why he had something against me. He started yelling at me. He insulted me. There were words like 'f*** off'.""

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I've read about that on kicker.de in the morning. Boateng had an argument with coach Kwasi Appiah and Muntari allegedly physically attacked Ghana national team official Moses Arman Parker.

EDIT:

Apparently, there had been some arguments between Boateng and his coach before. Appiah took Boateng out of the #1 team which caused much grief and endless discussions, guess Appiah was just tired of him.

Still not a good decision in the middle of a World Cup.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
I was just about to stick up for Boateng but it seems it was a sustained tirade. It's a shame they can't use more self-control when in situations like this. A part of me thinks, they now think the Ghana team have come as far they can and have walked away unofficially by committing to their outbursts.

Because of what's happened the Portugal match is going to be a whole lot tougher for them.