Wonderswan

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I have a FF1, but that's text heavy and the shipping would probably kill the deal. I'd go to ebay and order something cheap (possibly directly from Japan).

As to the Flashmasta: You can subscribe to the blog and will get emails once they are back in stock, or just PM Flavor and ask him.

Last edited:

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
Recently got a Wonderswan Color, and luck would have it that the WS Flash Masta carts got a restock not too long after getting the WSC in the mail. Loving it so far, but the handheld is a bitch to turn off. Turns on no problem, but it's like pulling teeth to turn it off.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Has there been any progress on a readily avaliable front lite kit for the system. I love my WS but, its hard to go back and play it without a light.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I have never seen a kit.

There were a few places that did it as a service, but that usually doesnt last for long. I dont know anyone doing them at the moment.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
This new LCD screen mod looks pretty cool. It seems a little more involved than the new NGPC screen, but man does it look pretty.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Wow that looks crazy good. The original screen on the wonderswan is ass, but the library is solid.

$127 + shipping is way too steep for me though.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Wow that looks crazy good. The original screen on the wonderswan is ass, but the library is solid.

$127 + shipping is way too steep for me though.

Yeah, seems really unrealistic. If they could get a one-to-one sized replacement for NGPC, I'd bite at that price.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
that price is about right. This is a custom made screen to get the UI and exact pixel resolution to work.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Damn! That thing looks sweet. Glad to here it works in the Crystal, too.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Is there an easy way for someone in the US to buy those 127 screen? As s huge wonderswan fan and someone with a giant library the cost is worthwhile for me to get and i'd love to purchase it.

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
127$ is quite steep yeah... but the quality of that screen looks amazing and it's 100% the original size. The install seems a bit hard on the color, would love to see a tutorial on the Crystal.
Might pick it up down the line if the price is lowered!

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
127$ is quite steep yeah... but the quality of that screen looks amazing and it's 100% the original size. The install seems a bit hard on the color, would love to see a tutorial on the Crystal.
Might pick it up down the line if the price is lowered!

Yeah, I need to see how to put this in a Crystal as well...I'd be down if it's not too involved.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
With the price of crystals and it completely replacing the screen you might as well drimil and just use color. Theres no advantage to the crystal over the color other than the screen and its being replaced.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
With the price of crystals and it completely replacing the screen you might as well drimil and just use color. Theres no advantage to the crystal over the color other than the screen and its being replaced.

true...I'm just lazy and I imagine the price of the colors have gone up recently like everything else?? They used to be like maybe $30

when i quit paying attention to something like that and come back to dramatically different prices I get powerful angry

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
Yeah, WS Colors are sure cheaper, but I was wondering if a Crystal install would be easier!

Danyvoid

n00b
I always wanted a WS, I remember hearing the battery lasts like 2 weeks back in the day, I was so jealous with my GameGear that the batteries last 1 day

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
I always wanted a WS, I remember hearing the battery lasts like 2 weeks back in the day, I was so jealous with my GameGear that the batteries last 1 day
Totally different generation of handhelds. The Game Boy Color/NGPC/Wonderswan generation was very economical.

At the time I was kind of confused why these cheapo handhelds were making a comeback after I'd already seen the Game Gear, Lynx, Turbo Express and Nomad, but also thankful for the retro revival.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I know when I was in Japan and was commuting a lot I beat ff1 on only 2 sets of batteries.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Totally different generation of handhelds. The Game Boy Color/NGPC/Wonderswan generation was very economical.

At the time I was kind of confused why these cheapo handhelds were making a comeback after I'd already seen the Game Gear, Lynx, Turbo Express and Nomad, but also thankful for the retro revival.

Yeah it was weird looking at the NGPC and GBC in 1999 or so after I had already been playing a Nomad for quite some time at that point, but getting millions of hours on a set of batteries was awesome.

jdoll

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I don't recall having issues with my color crystal but seems you kinda need Japanese skills to really enjoy the library ? I got it mostly for judgement silversword which I can now play on my pc

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I don't recall having issues with my color crystal but seems you kinda need Japanese skills to really enjoy the library ? I got it mostly for judgement silversword which I can now play on my pc

From a post I made in a different thread, that someone else quoted on the first page of this one:

Golden Axe, Rock Man and Forte: Challenger from the Future, Gunpey, Gunpey EX, Space Invaders, Judgement Silversword, Guilty Gear Petit, Guilty Gear Petit 2, Pocket Fighter, Rhyme Rider Kerorican, Makai-Mura (WS exclusive Ghosts n Goblins), Digimon Frontier: Battle Spirit, Digimon Tamers: Battle Spirit, Final Lap Special, Mr Driller, Klonoa: Moonlight Museum, Rockman EXE WS, SD Gundam: Operation UC, Tetris, Ultraman, One Piece: Swan Colosseum, Kinnikuman Nisei: Dream Tag Match, Beatmania, Buffers Evolution, Crazy Climber, Digimon Adventure: Anode and Cathode Tamer Veedramon Version, Fire Pro Wrestling, Puyo Puyo, Puzzle Bobble ... Not all of those are great, but I own them all and they're all playable without Japanese knowledge (as long as you don't mind missing out on story segments in some games).

ChopstickSamurai

Have those fancy LCD screens become easier to buy yet? Or do you still need to spend an arm and a leg on a modded system from overseas?

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
I haven't seen anything cheaper. It probably wont get much lower unless someone uses a generic screen.

I wouldn't put this in a Crystal. The main benefit of the crystal was the screen.

ChopstickSamurai

There is a new run of Flashmasta flash carts available. Only 30 in this batch, and you can get a headphone adapter for $10 when you order one. Here’s all the details:

https://t.co/0VhYbzBRyP