Wizard Tilting Lible: The Last Odyssey for Last Odysseys

RATM

Zack de la Neo,
If it is not a proto or hardware, then it must be some type of information. Although, I wonder if there might be a distinction between a completed unreleased game and a prototype. Furthermore, when discounting that it was hardware Tonk said it wasn't "stupid" hardware. Could it then be non-"stupid" hardware?

hmmmm...

TonK

Least Valuable Player
If it is not a proto or hardware, then it must be some type of information. Although, I wonder if there might be a distinction between a completed unreleased game and a prototype. Furthermore, when discounting that it was hardware Tonk said it wasn't "stupid" hardware. Could it then be non-"stupid" hardware?

hmmmm...

Information would probably be the biggest let down.

Is not a finished proto either.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
My guess is we will be let down. :(

Some of you guys probably will be let down.

But if you're a fan of the Neo Geo, you will probably fall out of you seat.

I'm not responsible for that, or your gray hair - which I find rather sexy.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I am probably one of the biggest fans of the neo geo here, so damn you... I'm excited. I just am trying to be NOT excited, as when that happens, no matter what, you're let down.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I am probably one of the biggest fans of the neo geo here, so damn you... I'm excited. I just am trying to be NOT excited, as when that happens, no matter what, you're let down.

Trust me man. You're gonna freak out.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Some of you guys probably will be let down.

But if you're a fan of the Neo Geo, you will probably fall out of you seat.

I'm not responsible for that, or your gray hair - which I find rather sexy.

I'm a huge fan of the Neo Geo, but I don't salivate over stuff like Zupapa, LO, or protos in general. I also recognize that a lot of the Neo library is just awful. That said, the good games on the Neo Geo I consider to be some of the best gaming experiences a gamer can have. I don't have any great expectations on this news, and feel mostly indifferent (although I am very curious to hear what it's about) - you think this is the type of news that would make a Neo Geo fan like myself excited?

Dampfwalze

Armored Scrum Object,
20 Year Member
If I had to guess, I would say it's some inside information from Nightmare Tony about the early Neo Geo days.
The US KoF2000 was a red hering, wasn't it?

Good guess, or very far from the truth? :)

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
It's the severed head of Eikichi Kawasaki. It was a robot all along.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Maybe some previously unknown game code/cheat or game easteregg?

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I'm a huge fan of the Neo Geo, but I don't salivate over stuff like Zupapa, LO, or protos in general. I also recognize that a lot of the Neo library is just awful. That said, the good games on the Neo Geo I consider to be some of the best gaming experiences a gamer can have. I don't have any great expectations on this news, and feel mostly indifferent (although I am very curious to hear what it's about) - you think this is the type of news that would make a Neo Geo fan like myself excited?

Yes

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
It's Dion's stem cells
or wait...
King of Fighters the movie the game.

Setsuna1982

World Her,
I'm still intrigued about that chrisr post that tried to "spoil" tonk's surprise

Let me spoil the surprise right now.

The big "news" is that mike is going to claim he has some long lost cache of KOF 2000 US carts from SNK Japan.

I know this sounds pretty deflating, and people will be disappointed, and it would have been very fun to wait for the "big reveal" to make fun of him, but I am going to be really busy for the next couple weeks, so I thought I might as well be around to make him look like a fool now, rather than wait.

All I can say is this - there is no such thing as any "lost" KOF 2000 English, there never was, never will be, and I am 1000% positive on this.

There were 100 - period. Eventually, my guess is most all will be registered via our registry, tied forever to a name/id that will be publicly viewable on our website, forever making it impossible for bootleggers to counterfeit this game. Unlike the other high value cartridges, which seem to be very very counterfeited these days.

Remember, I did not come here to yap about a "12 year old game", someone else did. I just provide the information, and people can decide for themselves.

Trust the data and your own mind, not what someone wants you to believe.

I am ALL up for a reasonable bet that someone might actually pay up on - say $100, that says there is 100% positively no such thing as any KOF2000 US other than our original 100 from 1999.

Maybe xander can even hold the money.....

It's so random and defensive that kinda confirms the exsistence of unfreaked KOF2K's

Last edited:

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I'll be honest. I've heard rumors about people having real KOF2K's - that would be awesome if they came forward.

It'll end NGF once and for all.

I'm still intrigued about that chrisr post that tried to "spoil" tonk's surprise

It's so random and defensive that kinda confirms the exsistence of unfreaked KOF2K's

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I have to ask: Why does NGF think that owning a few KOF2k carts is some sort of awesome trophy? Sure, I like the game, but it's not my favorite KOF. Now if it were all MOTW (both US and JPN) or KOF 98 or something... then yes, that's quite a feather in your cap. But US KOF2k? Who gives a fuck?

I hope that's not the big announcement, for I will yawn all day long Tuesday.

Real Bout 3 would be sort of cool. No slowdown MS2 would be awesome. MOTW2 would be cool. Perfect port of Street Fighter 2 on MVS. Um... not sure what else I would really care about, but I guess we'll wait and see!