Windy Gaming Original Product: Windy Sleeves. Preorder now available!

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
Nice product, but I would prefer to have some kind of wrap around art or pressed art on the box to ever get me to stop using shock boxes. Good luck on the sale.

Basically it's my similar thought to the Neomi boxes (forget the name), you need something visual on the box to make it more than "just a box".

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Very Nice!! I think I would have added some small cutouts to pull the cart out easier though. But judging from the pics the carts should slide right out so that isn't a problem.

yes they slide in and out very easily without scratching the game or kitbox. There is no sticking in these things. The manufacturer I approached specializes in printing the boxes and cases for DVD box sets and the ease of removal was already considered. Plus I wanted to leave the option open for full size insert style art to be there without sticking to a cart.

I don't think I'm quite ready to ditch my shockboxes, but this would be perfect to have like 5 in the living room to protect loose carts that are in my current playing rotation without having shocks all over the place.

Then again, I really could use the space savings.

im a huge fan of shockboxes. these also make sense for some of the cheaper carts as well. i find it hard to invest $8, plus insert cost (whether i pay for one directly or have one made), plus the shipping to protect something like a world heroes cart that could be had for $10 or less. The space savings is pretty huge as well.

Im not ditching my shocks quite yet either. But, my collection has ballooned to a size where space was at a premium for me so this suits the need for my carts that carry less value. They are also probably pretty good for a lot of the new guys that have been building up their collections and dont have anything yet.

plus there is the kitbox sized ones which are new :D.

Nice product, but I would prefer to have some kind of wrap around art or pressed art on the box to ever get me to stop using shock boxes. Good luck on the sale.

Basically it's my similar thought to the Neomi boxes (forget the name), you need something visual on the box to make it more than "just a box".

you could always rescale a shock box insert and print that to a full sheet label. thats the size of the box.

I am getting the spine labels done for every game also, and those will be always available.

You also could always make custom wrap around art. What I have always found great about these kind of projects is that a lot of people make them their own as well. If anyone wanted to make wrap around art for any of these, I would happily host them when that page goes live.

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
More like the Australian type though. The ones in the us have the slot on the bottom, so the tape falls out when you pick it up

true, but i didnt want the labels brushing on the side of the box constantly and the eventually falling off.

Such a simple design and concept. Brilliant!

thanks ash!

you should totally order some :D

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
some of the spine labels are done. :D

ScreenShot2013-05-09at93210PM_zps34fed3fb.png

ScreenShot2013-05-09at93229PM_zpsd9b9df9d.png

ScreenShot2013-05-09at93252PM_zpsfe926448.png

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Wow, these look nice. Really cool that you made them, this community rocks so hard. Will have to think on whether to get these or NeoMiniBoxes... like your spine labels better, and the VHS look kinda fits the "MVS experience" better than a box... on the other hand the MiniBoxes are somewhat closer to the cardboard boxes MVS games originally came in and they do protect the label...

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Wow, these look nice. Really cool that you made them, this community rocks so hard. Will have to think on whether to get these or NeoMiniBoxes... like your spine labels better, and the VHS look kinda fits the "MVS experience" better than a box... on the other hand the MiniBoxes are somewhat closer to the cardboard boxes MVS games originally came in and they do protect the label...

Appreciate the nice words.

They are designed so you can either display the labels of the game or flip the label side toward the shelf and show off the spine label.

the miniboxes are neat, too. Pick what is the right storage solution for you.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
How many can I get for $50 shipped?

hell- heres an idea. i'll do 20 for $50 shipped in the usa.

$50 shipped special for the duration of the preorder (for the regular mvs ones)!

Last edited:

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach

hell- heres an idea. i'll do 20 for $50 shipped in the usa.

$50 shipped special for the duration of the preorder (for the regular mvs ones)!

Good deal! email sent.

Here's the thing: I'd like to keep using the shelf I'm currently using for my MVS carts, but there's very little wiggle room (about half a CM space from the top of the cart to the shelf).

Do you happen to have exact measurements or how much space these boxes add to the top and bottom of the carts?

EDIT: got my answer in the email:
Thickness question- pretty thin to measure- it is like playing card thickness per side.

"Perfecto!" :mr_t:

Last edited:

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
Great idea bro, I wish you the best with your endeavor's. This is a very nice solution for many in our hobby. You have my full support, I'll pick some up very soon.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Great idea bro, I wish you the best with your endeavor's. This is a very nice solution for many in our hobby. You have my full support, I'll pick some up very soon.

thanks man!

for those wondering how the preorder is working (I received a few quesitons on this)- i do need to hit a minimum number presold before i do a full run of these. I am not taking any money until I hit that number (kind of like kickstarter). Im just tracking the number that people want right now. Once i hit my minimum number i will start taking payment via paypal. I will order up that inital run and it will be ready to ship to the buyers within a week or so of my order being made.

shadowfamicom

Rugal's Thug
Great idea! I wish someone would make something similar for various other home systems with rectangle carts. Get some SNES, Genesis and NES ones and you would have a sale on your hands!

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Great idea! I wish someone would make something similar for various other home systems with rectangle carts. Get some SNES, Genesis and NES ones and you would have a sale on your hands!

That's not a bad idea, Chris. Thoughts?

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
That's not a bad idea, Chris. Thoughts?

It was already mentioned in the first part in of the first post. i have a whole line designed across every major cart made.. they are matching and everything :D

the smaller carts (everything is smaller than the neo) will all cost less than this too. The mvs ones are the first ones to be done for this project.

Ok. Enough of this post-it nonsense. Here is 'the reveal'!

I have designed a line of low cost sleeves that will take up minimal shelf real estate and cost very little to ship. I have designed a whole line to cover all carts of all makes, models, and brands. There will be custom labeling available for free download from my website as well.

once the first model gets done i would ideally like to release about 2 cart sizes per month.

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I had a couple more questions on how the labels will be distributed.

I will host the labels on my web store (www.windygaming.com) for free download. You will not have to purchase from the store to get access to the labels. The will be hosted on a separate page.

I took about 7 spine labels and put them on one printable document. I then took them to a print shop (where they had higher end printer) and had them print them on one full sheet label. total cost was $0.97 for 7 spines to be printed in color including the label. These can be printed at home too, but I took them to a shop because I do not own a high quality printer.

Any other questions? please let me know!