Windows 11

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection

Angry, paranoid neckbeard wearing an "adulting" t-shirt yelling gibberish. There's 30 seconds of my life I'll never get back. Thanks, Joe.

Should I upgrade from Windows 3.1?
3.1 was truly the height of civilization. When Windows 95 came along, it was user friendly enough that my parents were finally able to use the computer beyond putting in a floppy and typing run. That was a tough pill for me to swallow.

prof

I just got a new Lenovo laptop, and it was preloaded with W11 and some assorted bloat. I tinkered around with it a bit, and it's fine, but I eventually decided to wipe it clean and just do a fresh W10 install. I also used an old reg code for Office 16. I'm not a fan of this Office 365 deal where you pay monthly or whatever. What a racket they've got going with that nonsense. I hate that that's the wave of the future. I figure I'll ride out Office 16 until they stop supporting it in 2026. I've got no beef with W11 though. It seems fine. I just prefer 10 for the time being. That's what I run on my desktop too.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Win11 has treated me fine since moving to it, only fools buy laptops and don't format and start fresh.

prof

I used open office in college. Haven't tried it since. I recall it being fussy with certain file types. I mean, I got a office 16 license for like 20 bucks or something a few years back, so not a big deal. Use it on my kids' computers too.

It's just that at some point, it becomes difficult to download the program when you get a new computer. MS doesn't have the old ones on their site to download anymore. Need to keep it on a disc or thumb drive and not lose it over the years.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Don't feel bad about stealing from Microsoft, they spy on you and steal your personal information after all.
Just see it as a trade.

prof

I'm a big fan of Shadowrun on the Genesis. Took me a minute, but I knew your avatar from somewhere. Haven't played that game in years, but it was awesome. Need to revisit it.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I just got a new Lenovo laptop, and it was preloaded with W11 and some assorted bloat. I tinkered around with it a bit, and it's fine, but I eventually decided to wipe it clean and just do a fresh W10 install. I also used an old reg code for Office 16. I'm not a fan of this Office 365 deal where you pay monthly or whatever. What a racket they've got going with that nonsense. I hate that that's the wave of the future. I figure I'll ride out Office 16 until they stop supporting it in 2026. I've got no beef with W11 though. It seems fine. I just prefer 10 for the time being. That's what I run on my desktop too.
I used Word 97 foreeeever, so I see where you are coming from. However at work we are all moving to the 365 stuff and I have to say that at the scale of a large company I love the way it works. If you have to collaborate with lots of people across lots of documents and machines it’s honestly kind of amazing. It’s a great example of the kind of thing MS is proficient at and Apple avoids almost completely. I wouldn’t use it at home though. I just have an iMac with all the Apple office stuff built in which is already beyond my needs at home.

Last edited:

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
What happened to old versions dot com?

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Worst OS EVA!!
Anybody who complained about Vista, ME, 8 are a bunch of crybaby sissies.

Installed it on my ex wife's computer a few months ago.
Damned thing didn't do anything after ten minutes and several reboots.
Diagnostics said nothing was wrong with it, so I did a fresh Windows11 install on it.
I could tell it was the suck.
Guess this is my revenge.

Then I got a new gaming laptop about a month ago.
Could swear I got it a bit cheaper than it is now.
None of these modern laptop with more powerful processors come with touch screens right now.
Whats up with that?
Nothing has optical drives anymore either.
Casing is a joke, 2005 laptops laugh at it.
The whole setup is almost cheaper than buying the processor and gpu though so what should I expect?
Cooling system seems legit though and I think I've fried my last couple computers from gaming on them too much.
Added an additional TB PCI SSD and a 4TB Sata SSD so I've got 5.5TB SSD.

It's a PITA to get shortcuts where you what them and the start button customized.
A lot of things are totally different and work nothing like they used to.
It seems like for awhile now Microsoft hates power users and wants computers to just do your basic stuff on it.
Really I need to get a shortcut sticker and just use it that way.

Doesn't sound like MS cares about the feedback and has any plans to fix things anytime soon either.
Anyways without a touchscreen this is an extremely unpleasant experience.
Plus side is it plays Cyberpunk on ultra insane pysco settings @ 120fps+.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Worst OS EVA!!

Diagnostics said nothing was wrong with it, so I did a fresh Windows11 install on it.

None of these modern laptop with more powerful processors come with touch screens right now.
Whats up with that?
The whole setup is almost cheaper than buying the processor and gpu though so what should I expect?
Cooling system seems legit though and I think I've fried my last couple computers from gaming on them too much.

It's a PITA to get shortcuts where you what them and the start button customized.
It seems like for awhile now Microsoft hates power users and wants computers to just do your basic stuff on it.

Doesn't sound like MS cares about the feedback and has any plans to fix things anytime soon either.
Fuckin hell calm down mate, here's a calculator to play with. If you're smart you can spell boobies!

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
It's a PITA

That’s your problem right there. Stop putting kebabs in the laptop you dick. My Windows 11 laptop runs fine as I keep my Pitas away from it.

gyro0128.jpg

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Worst OS EVA!!

Whats up with that?

lol settle down beavis

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
After upgrading from Windows 10 on this laptop and using it awhile, I decided to do a fresh install of 11. I'm on a 2019 laptop with a Vega 3 chip, but I had to download the original video driver off the manufacturer's website to get my second monitor to display at a resolution above 480p. I had to do the same for the card reader, the speakers, and the wlan. This is a cheap Chinese no-name laptop (Motile m141), but I'm still kind of surprised that the automatic driver installation was so bad.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Don't feel bad about stealing from Microsoft, they spy on you and steal your personal information after all.
Just see it as a trade.
You can change the settings in Windows 10, so less is sent to Microsoft, or third-party apps.

Locally installed software is better (more reliable) than using the cloud.

Last edited:

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Someone asked me if I had Windows 11. I told them I have Windows 6. Double checked around my house. Sure enough...6 windows :tickled:

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
You can change the settings in Windows 10, so less is sent to Microsoft, or third-party apps.

Locally installed software is better than using the cloud.
You are the absolute worst, did you know that?

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Well do a full forensic investigation and report back here as soon as possible, soldier.

Spoiler:
Psst, don’t tell him that Microsoft literally gives you the answer to this question when you install the OS.

FBB89826-92AE-4E28-8216-4DA3BC58BBA8.jpeg

You can’t turn diagnostic data off, fuck you @basic

Last edited: