Windjammers price...

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The only time I watch tv is for the local news and weather report.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I wonder what the total stock left of a game like Windjammers on the MVS is.
People should use neocartman more... carts without serials could be given replacement stickers on top with something like "NCM000" in the front to list them.

But it would take some serious collective efford to make that nearly representative. I'm Dreamin.

Last edited:

Scott

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I think the bigger issue here is Magician Lord carts approaching the price of a MOTW cart....wtf this game was like 15 bucks a few years ago.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I think the bigger issue here is Magician Lord carts approaching the price of a MOTW cart....wtf this game was like 15 bucks a few years ago.

That might be an issue if the game was any good.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Magician Lord is awesome.

I just looked, in some cases on eBay magician Lord is selling for more than MOTW. That's ridiculous. Garou had doubled in price over the last 6 years. It use to be a steady 80.00. Magician Lord use to be a 25.00 game. I really think people just want something different, and people late to the collecting scene who are finally trying to aquire games they use to play in Bowling alleys and pizza shops.

I remember ninja combat and magician Lord use to be in my local kroner grocery store. Oh how times have changed.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I love Magician Lord. I got it for free with my cab. What do you all think was the catalyst for this price skyrocketing? I was at a retro game store recently and I had come across an item the owner had yet to price. He began looking on the computer. I assumed he was checking his own inventory tracking system.... but he was taking long. it was revealed that he was looking on eBay to consider what to charge me, and he soon told me he believes it is the only price guide to use for this. It made my head spin a little. I said one or two things before it was clear he was from another planet and it was no use trying to explain what was wrong with that. I offered to purchase the item for 5 dollars less than he quoted me, which he did not accept. I left the store without buying anything. How did it come to this. The price of anything is only ever what people are willing to pay.

alphagamer

Aero Fighters Flyboy
(...) it was revealed that he was looking on eBay to consider what to charge me, and he soon told me he believes it is the only price guide to use for this. It made my head spin a little.(...)

eBay ruined bargain hunting on flea markets and cash converters etc.

blotter12

Kabuki Klasher
I love Magician Lord. I got it for free with my cab. What do you all think was the catalyst for this price skyrocketing? I was at a retro game store recently and I had come across an item the owner had yet to price. He began looking on the computer. I assumed he was checking his own inventory tracking system.... but he was taking long. it was revealed that he was looking on eBay to consider what to charge me, and he soon told me he believes it is the only price guide to use for this. It made my head spin a little. I said one or two things before it was clear he was from another planet and it was no use trying to explain what was wrong with that. I offered to purchase the item for 5 dollars less than he quoted me, which he did not accept. I left the store without buying anything. How did it come to this. The price of anything is only ever what people are willing to pay.

Part of it is because it's not on the multi carts. Also, there are few platformers on NG.

That guy doesn't get how to run a business. Selling to you for $5 less was probably a good deal for him. He doesn't have to worry about eBay fees OR a scammy buyer. That is worth way more than $5...

Just wondering, where was this? I'm in the NJ area too & want to make sure I don't waste my time there...

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Game Gallery in Easton PA. I was so disappointed this happened, because the store has a cool arcade and a very vast selection. I wish I could tell you I won't ever be going back there. I'm frequently in that area. I will hesitate to buy from them besides the arcade though. Besides, Somerville has a great arcade that I can drive down to if I am getting that itch. There's very little I'm looking for, but you know how it is when you see something you forgot about. At any opportunity when it comes to buying something outside of the forums I will try and support Planet Games in Allentown, Dave, the owner there is very personable and cool with pricing and being in touch with the real world.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I think you can use eBay to help determine fair market value but a lot of these idiots use unsold buy-it-nows as their basis when they should be using sold auctions.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I think you can use eBay to help determine fair market value but a lot of these idiots use unsold buy-it-nows as their basis when they should be using sold auctions.

I agree that one is certainly allowed to consider it in an intelligent matter... but when dealing with a brick and mortar store, in my opinion, you need to take into account what the market value of something is in the specific geographic area, what you have successfully sold that item or a similar item for, yourself, in the past... and not to mention eBay is full of price gougers and flippers... is that really the backbone of our market? Only idiots pay eBay prices.