will there be a successor to the 161 in 1 Cart ?

s8n187

Quiz Detective
hi again members , i was wondering if you guys think there will be a successor to the 161 in 1 Cart ?

there are a handful of titles that arent on the 161 that are fabulous.

most of the missing great games are on the 138 in 1 which is discontinued

so im hoping are successor is released with the missing titles

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
There aren't even 161 official Neo Geo games out there, why would anyone want more than 161?

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Because we want X-Men Vs. Street Fighter already damn it!

King of Fighters 99, The-2.png

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Im sure there will be, but keep in mind out of the 161 games on that cart, only 96-ish are official ROMS. If they make a larger capacity cart, there is a sure bet there wont be much more than the 96 official ROMs on there and a bunch more hacks. Maybe they'll have some options that arent on the other carts (King of the monsters 2, Magician Lord, etc) but dont think something that will have all official ROMS will exist until the eventual creation of the MVS Everdrive.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
hehehehe

i really want Twinkle Star Sprites , League Bowling , Cyberlip , Ninja Combat , Shock Troopers , Windjammers (Flying Power Disc) etc..............

Why not buy the actual carts of those games?

s8n187

Quiz Detective
my plan is to buy MVS Carts slowly im thinking though some Carts will be crazy prices in the future and if i have a particular game on Multi i wont be missing out if i cant get it in time.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
What that screenshot doesn't tell you is the damage you see is from a single hadoken. XD

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I think after the cps2 multi darksoft was going to do a neo multi.

TravistyOJ

Another Striker
After multicarts existing for so long, I'm surprised we still don't have a cart with all releases, and no hacks. I mean that's the holy grail right? Especially with all the magic krikkz and darksoft can pull off for other cart based systems.

giggsy07

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Be cool if darksoft puts a neo together..Those hacks are annoying as fuck on the multi..

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Be cool if darksoft puts a neo together..Those hacks are annoying as fuck on the multi..

I find the forced Level 8 setting on the 120-in-1 to be the most annoying as it makes the games pretty much unplayable. >_>

I think after the cps2 multi darksoft was going to do a neo multi.

Don't forget the Taito F3 multi cart as well.

Last edited:

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
If someone (darksoft, or anyone) made a proper multicart with every Neo game on it, I would obviously buy it as long as it were reasonably priced.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I'm surprised we still don't have a cart with all releases, and no hacks.
When you think about it, it's logical. Even though it would be possible technically, once there was a multicart with every game on it out there, the producers of those multicarts would have killed a large portion of their market - how many people own more than one multi? And will buy another one if it has title xy that wasn't on the two they already own?

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
that would effectively kill the multicart market

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I think that the multi-cart market is already "killed" in the sense that there's enough legit roms on them that people aren't going to replace their current ones unless there is a complete or near complete set of legit, bug free games.

They're better off just making an all-in-one cart with all legit games and selling those from now on. More people will buy those than any of the current boots out there as people will be quick to replace their old ones, and lots of new customers that had previously held out will jump on it.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
When you think about it, it's logical. Even though it would be possible technically, once there was a multicart with every game on it out there, the producers of those multicarts would have killed a large portion of their market - how many people own more than one multi? And will buy another one if it has title xy that wasn't on the two they already own?

Yes but what if a third party would like to get in the multicart market? They could bring one with all the games in one cart and obliterate all other multicarts.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I think that the multi-cart market is already "killed" in the sense that there's enough legit roms on them that people aren't going to replace their current ones unless there is a complete or near complete set of legit, bug free games.

They're better off just making an all-in-one cart with all legit games and selling those from now on. More people will buy those than any of the current boots out there as people will be quick to replace their old ones, and lots of new customers that had previously held out will jump on it.
Well, we don't know anything about the sales figures, I mean aren't there still new people getting into the scene and buying more multis? They'd still sell 2 versions to every newcomer... but yes, a all-in-one cart would make a good business once.

Yes but what if a third party would like to get in the multicart market? They could bring one with all the games in one cart and obliterate all other multicarts.
Like who, North Korea? Vietnam? Cuba?