Will SNK or NGDevTeam ever go after NCI?

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
The time will come, that to sell something you will need to open your cart to prove its legit.... oh wait. We're almost there.

We are there todosnk, and the problem of bootleg cart's is not only confined to neo aes ebay is flooded with MD and Snes repo's.

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
We are there todosnk, and the problem of bootleg cart's is not only confined to neo aes ebay is flooded with MD and Snes repo's.

Yeah, a friend of mine wound up buying fake NES carts, SNES carts, Turbo Duo CD games, and Neo-Geo games as well. In order to prove that your game is legit these days, you must not only open the cart, but you must examine every single part of it with a damn jewelers loupe to check for signs of replication. It's really sickening. The bootleg scene is widespread like fire.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Just stop buying AES. They sit on a shelf and you stare at them wondering if every part is legit. Not my idea of fun.

Collectors are driving the high prices. The high prices are driving bootleg production. The higher the market gets, the worse the problem will be, until boots become indistinguishable and everything implodes while I laugh maniacally.

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
just out of couriosity: who is NCI exactly ? Who is involved and who is reproducing inserts and carts. All french ?

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
just out of couriosity: who is NCI exactly ? Who is involved and who is reproducing inserts and carts. All french ?
As far as i know ye.
But no idea who is actually manufacturing de pcb.

Repro will always be distinguishable. Well, for ppl who know their stuff.
So free hint : the difference between legit & repro of sspeunfix : check haomaru hair on the right part of the insert & manual.

Ashura

n00b
Man, that SS5S is scary. Where do those NCI guys even sell stuff? Do they just ebay things and wait for unknowing people to bid like crazy or do they use retailers or both?

Not going to link it, but a copy of their boot of SS5 Special is up on Ebay right now and it's up to $230 bucks and like 30 some bids. Crazy.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Who going to spend 100k+ in legal fees to stop the loss of a few bootlegs?

Yes, ebay is flooded with repro's. No one seems to care about that either. I used to report them daily, but they just pop back up.

Look up "Crusader of Centy" on the genesis. 90% of those are repro's. Originals show the boards as proof, but even repro's shamelessly show their fake boards because most people dont even know what they are looking at.

Last edited:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I'm assuming NG.Dev team have not seen this yet? Last Hope conversion :oh_no:

http://www.neooldstore.com/conversions/page-2/

I'm sure they are already aware, but I let them know regardless.

I like how the prices change by hundreds of dollars depending on how rare the game is in real AES format. I'm sure it takes a lot more money to boot a Rage of the Dragons, opposed to a Magical Drop 2.

Shit is highway robbery.

If this is going to continue, someone really needs to step up, like the guy from infinite lives did, and start selling a custom flash PCB board, and shells, so people can make these from home, for a actual fair price.

I wonder how much they have invested in each of these boots?

My guess is nowhere near $100.00 each. I bet they are making more than 200% profit. At least.

ULTRA 4TH GEN

Armored Scrum Object
Who going to spend 100k+ in legal fees to stop the loss of a few bootlegs?

Yes, ebay is flooded with repro's. No one seems to care about that either. I used to report them daily, but they just pop back up.

It's a very sad situation in my opinion.
Whenever I enter in eBay.es , I realize how much the market of reproductions has increased. Some times I look for a game for SNES or PAL MEGA DRIVE and it's difficult not to find five repros or more of every expensive game.

Attachments

• repro.png
    repro.png
    260.4 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member

http://culturaneogeo.com/imagenes/entrevistas/ncieng.htm

Atomikwake is a well-known technician/bootlegger (not a scammer) in the French NeoGeo scene.

BTW I though NCI was producing 'officially licensed' VISCO games in AES?

Did they switched their business?

Link?

According to the interview I linked here, it seems to me there's a difference from 'NCI product' to 'Atomikwake re-pro'. I may be wrong though.

● Why have you released copies of very expensive games such as English versions of KOF 2000 and Kizuna Encounter?

The KOF 2000 USA and KIZUNA ENCOUNTER USA releases were made by me, we didn't use the NCI name. I produced the games because they are unattainable nowadays, and many people can't spent 5000 euro or 15.000 euro in a game.

Last edited:

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
I started seeing X68000 games quite frequently on ebay.es , 300$ each and so on.
I wonder how difficult is to counterfeit such games, given you can still find brand new 5-1/4 floppies for 10$/pack of 10...I mean, the rest is paper.. love this hobby.

ULTRA 4TH GEN

Armored Scrum Object
● Why have you released copies of very expensive games such as English versions of KOF 2000 and Kizuna Encounter?

The KOF 2000 USA and KIZUNA ENCOUNTER USA releases were made by me, we didn't use the NCI name. I produced the games because they are unattainable nowadays, and many people can't spent 5000 euro or 15.000 euro in a game.

It's funny how some people talks about to produce games themselves.
NCI hasn't produced games. Those KIZUNAS and KOF2000 are conversions, so...atomikwave has only produced 'the fakes'. The games were produced by SNK, a lot of time ago.
And certainly, the unique motive for producing all these illegal conversions, was to obtain money. End of interview.
Reading the words of this personage, one can manage to imagine certain acts of charity for the neo-community. Again, it's very funny: A producer of fakes , doing her job for helping some poor and lonely 'collectors', who dream of having an AES US KIZUNA at home...

And according to the interview, the NCI games hasn't the legal license of SNK. Therefore, for me, all this carts with the visco logo and without SNK license, are fakes too. The only original Breakers Revenge for the library of the NEO-GEO system, is the MVS KIT produced under license of SNK in 1998.