Wii Launch Price Confirmed?

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
I believe that it was stated sometime around E3 that it would be $250 for the North American launch.

IMTheWalrus

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
According to MSNBC.com, Nintendo has confirmed that it will cost no more than $250 in the US. My guess is they haven't decided between $199 and $249.

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
Well, it's been floating around that it would around that price, but nothing was stated by anyone working for Nintendo about what a possible launch price would be. So, if all this is valid, then we can at least finally confirm that it will be around that price, rather than assume.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I think that $199 would be a better business move.

After all, it's essentially a Gamecube with a new controller.

If they can generate some excitement and quality software, I think they could see some significant gains in market share this generation, especially with the way the economy seems to be headed.

bstoppel

n00b
20 Year Member
I would be surprised if it is above $150. I'm really expecting $99 to make it a real mass market item.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
kobylka68 said:
Somehow I don't think Nintendo is aiming to capture the audiophile market so it's not really a big deal.

An optical out doesn't really count as audiophile territory.

If this is correct then they must really be going as simple as possible to keep the manufacturing cost low. Even the lowered price slimline PS2 has an optical out.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I would actually be prepared to pay about 600-700 dollars for Wii. easily.
not really.