Why has there never been a NG.com convention?

BIG

sony fanboy
i have zero interest in playing games whatsoever.
but i would be down.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I would love to meet up. Five years ago, I would have said "to play Neo", but now... it just seems that nobody here gives a shit about it. I would still love to play some fighters in person with you guys, but I sort of doubt that's what would happen? Who knows?

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I would love to meet up. Five years ago, I would have said "to play Neo", but now... it just seems that nobody here gives a shit about it. I would still love to play some fighters in person with you guys, but I sort of doubt that's what would happen? Who knows?

Hey, I still love the Neo and most of its games... I'm always game for my favorites!

I just "talked" it all out of my system about 5 years ago. There's just not much left to say about it. I think most of us "old timers" are.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Call me crazy but I think playing games together would be a must. There are several people here who I'd love to get some live matches in with. Nothing saying we couldn't go out and do whatever later, but at some point I'd want to get some games in too.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Call me crazy but I think playing games together would be a must. There are several people here who I'd love to get some live matches in with. Nothing saying we couldn't go out and do whatever later, but at some point I'd want to get some games in too.

Agreed.. I like to think I took my MOTW game to a high level (at least a few years ago, I did) and would've loved to slug it out with some of the players here.

Probably not now, so much... but I'd still love to.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,

There would have to be some serious ST, KOF'98, Garou, FFS, SSII. Bottom line.
If that much fighting talent were in one place, I'd have to play against some of y'all.

You play during the day, and get drunk as a fucking skunk at night and go look at titties. Simple really.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
There would have to be some serious ST, KOF'98, Garou, FFS, SSII. Bottom line.
If that much fighting talent were in one place, I'd have to play against some of y'all.

You play during the day, and get drunk as a fucking skunk at night and go look at titties. Simple really.

Those games would be fun as hell in person with all you guys, especially ST. I'd bring a PS3 and Tekken 6 for the five of us who might be interested in that kind of thing, haha.

Am I the only one that thought the thread title was "Why has there never been a NG.com conviction?"

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

I think there would be room for Neo Games for sure, but that wouldn't be my main reason to attend in the least.

I think if we had a room rented to play games in then that would be grand. We could set up some kind of tournament for various games and also just have some freeplay type stuff going on. Of course, then we could also all get together to eat/drink/pinball/sight see/whatever. About the only thing I have no interest in is gambling.

If anyone was interested I could be a fag and bring some boardgames, or my shitty collection of firearms assuming we wanted to go shooting in the desert. Actually this meetup would probably have too much drunkenness for firearms.

Last edited:

BIG

sony fanboy
someone should try and get this ball rolling.
i'd love to shoot the shit with some of you guys.
irl

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
I know an awesome secluded place in Toronto where nobody would find you all.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Oh, no, it's not supposed to be that at all. Oh I feel so embarrassed right now.

But yeah, the place has no actual address or street name for that matter, so you can't even find it on a map, it's like forever from civilization, you can make as much of a ruckus as you want and nobody, absolutely nobody will hear you.

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
If there's Twinkle involved, I'll try to make it.

If this happens It will be :smirk:

if you really want to get the ball rolling then we would need to talk about venue fees and how much everyone would be willing to pay to get.... Who ever would planning this is going to want to cover all their costs.

Last edited:

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Oh, no, it's not supposed to be that at all. Oh I feel so embarrassed right now.

But yeah, the place has no actual address or street name for that matter, so you can't even find it on a map, it's like forever from civilization, you can make as much of a ruckus as you want and nobody, absolutely nobody will hear you.

Was this supposed to sound less creepy? Because it isnt working.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Was this supposed to sound less creepy? Because it isnt working.

Hahaha beat me to it.

Hopefully this place has no cell phone reception, electricity, or running water too. It'd be best if it was at least 25 miles from the nearest phone and 50 from the nearest Canadian shanty town.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I'd go if gaming was banned. I don't need to play Fatal Fury with a bunch of nerds. Let's go out, drink, talk shit, and have a good time in Vegas. If I see even so much as a modded xbox or a PSP, I'm out. Instead, let's do Saphires... shit, they'd send like limo after limo out to get us. It would be a great night.