Who's the artist for Genesis/Mega Drive Fatal Fury box art?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
fafumg0f.jpg

Always thought this was ballin'. I like how they made Geese look like a demon.

edit: what are those two things near Joe's right hand, exhaust holes, sewer pipes, what?

Last edited:

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I LOVE the art done for the megadrive fatal fury titles and the fatal fury special on gamegear. Yoshiyuki Sadamoto is best known for his evangelion art these days.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Holy shit, yeah I can see it now with Terry's face. good lookout for the cookout BNJ.

Also BNJ if you have any more Fatal Fury Gnesisis art you want to post please do so

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Goddamn Catalina Wine Mixer

Never leave BNK

EDIT: bro if you got a better image of genesis fatal fury 1 then by all menas pleas share

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
fafumg0f.jpg

Always thought this was ballin'. I like how they made Geese look like a demon.

edit: what are those two things near Joe's right hand, exhaust holes, sewer pipes, what?

Since there appears to be the sail from a ship of some sort in the background, I've always assumed the background was the Dream Amusement Park:

fatal-fury2_1.jpg

Maybe those are ship canons?

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
hey BNL I'm Drunk and can't see it in the scrreeenshot can you circle/edit where they are thx

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
No problem at all, LS. Here ya go.

Even though Y.S.'s art was used for the megadrive versions, the pirate ship (though with different text) is present in both the neo geo and megadrive versions of the Dream Amusement Park stage:

dream amusement park.jpg

dream amusement park b.jpg

I always figured the background of the cover art on the megadrive version was inspired from the amusement park stage due to the presence of the boat sail in the background near Joe:

dream amusement park boat sail sm.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
They're sewer pipes. If you notice there's part of the building in front of the ship and below it the sewer pipes lay...

Awesome artist, look at lonesage trying to talk about video games for a change, lol.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Awesome artist, look at lonesage trying to talk about video games for a change, lol.
Seriously, I thought this was a setup after reading the subject, I expected the post to contain "because he's a fagit lol tricked you stupid manchildren."

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Yoshiyuki Sadamoto is the one who did Fatal Fury 1 & 2 cover arts on Mega Drive

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member

I forgot how awesome that old artwork was. Fatal Fury 2 on Genesis used to get rented all the time between me and my friends. Its much better than the SNES Fatal Fury 2 artwork.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
No problem at all, LS. Here ya go.

Even though Y.S.'s art was used for the megadrive versions, the pirate ship (though with different text) is present in both the neo geo and megadrive versions of the Dream Amusement Park stage:

View attachment 46251

View attachment 46252

I always figured the background of the cover art on the megadrive version was inspired from the amusement park stage due to the presence of the boat sail in the background near Joe:

View attachment 46253

Let me know what you think.

Good eye my man, cheers

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
The two holes are the exit from the trap doors in Geese's office lol.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Hey look, a good thread! Dat Ninja did it again.

lordnikon

Another Striker
I snatched up a minty Genesis copy of Fatal Fury mainly for the cover art. I had been trying to avoid weaker versions of arcade games, if I own the best version (such as owning the Neo original, or say Outrun on Saturn vs Outrun on Genesis). The artwork takes up the entire cover/case, and looks fantastic. So when I saw it on ebay for a decent price ($14 or so), I snatched it up.

I rented this version of Fatal Fury back in the day from Blockbuster :)

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
I snatched up a minty Genesis copy of Fatal Fury mainly for the cover art. I had been trying to avoid weaker versions of arcade games, if I own the best version (such as owning the Neo original, or say Outrun on Saturn vs Outrun on Genesis). The artwork takes up the entire cover/case, and looks fantastic. So when I saw it on ebay for a decent price ($14 or so), I snatched it up.

I rented this version of Fatal Fury back in the day from Blockbuster :)

This is probably the reason I own FFs on genny. Although I do like FF2 on genny, the art is where its at.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Thanks guys. Sorry for the thread bump; I was cleaning up attachments on my account and realized that I never posted the source for the full uncensored versions of Yoshiyuki Sadamoto’s Fatal Fury cover for those interested:

“Der Mond: The Art of Neon Genesis Evangelion”
der-mond-09.jpg

6:20 time marker:

Last edited: