Who you going to vote for between Trump and Hillary?

Trump or Hillary?

• Trump

Votes: 72 53.3%
  • Hillary

Votes: 63 46.7%

• Total voters

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Norton wouldn't change his mind on these issues if a terrorist blew up his family.

His brain is like a mile thick brick wall.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Immigration should actually not be difficult. But it should be rational.

We have a healthcare system that cannot take everyone in the world at a discount. The same applies for England, Canada, Sweden, etc. if you want to immigrate somewhere, I think you should be able to without a lot of hurdles, but to do so you need to start paying into the system with taxes.

Otherwise, these imaginary lines are really silly.

No.
If you want to immigrate smoothly you should need the following:
1) Mastery of the language in both oral and written forms equal to the highest level of education the country provides
2) Enough funds to cover your cost of living for 6 months
3) The ability to fully repay the costs of your immigration within a 3 year period
4) A skill, trade, or talent that is unique or of value to the country OR a college level Bachelor's degree in a STEM field, OR a Masters level degree in any other field.
5) Be able to pass a background check (no results is not a valid background check, your identity must be valid and show a minimum of 2 years of stable education/training/work experience)
6) A FICO Credit Score of 650 or more (or a financial record from your previous country of residence showing good habits)
7) A job prospect with an employer that will sponsor you for no less than 3 years.
8) To pass a citizenship exam at the end of those 3 years with a level of proficiency not less than the highest level of High School education required in your state of sponsorship
9) To obey the laws of the country with no criminal convictions of a misdemeanor or higher on your record at the end of 3 years.

These are "difficult" but by no means impossible to attain for even the most basic person.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Norton wouldn't change his mind on these issues if a terrorist blew up his family.

I'll take that as a compliment and testament to my fortitude.

Most people try to argue "You wouldn't be for xxx if yyy happened to a member of your family" and I would like to think them wrong. I would like to think that I would not allow personal experiences to color my quest for truth, justice and rationality.

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
No.
1) Mastery of the language in both oral and written forms equal to the highest level of education the country provides
3) The ability to fully repay the costs of your immigration within a 3 year period
4) A skill, trade, or talent that is unique or of value to the country OR a college level Bachelor's degree in a STEM field, OR a Masters level degree in any other field.
5) Be able to pass a background check (no results is not a valid background check, your identity must be valid and show a minimum of 2 years of stable education/training/work experience)
6) A FICO Credit Score of 650 or more (or a financial record from your previous country of residence showing good habits)
7) A job prospect with an employer that will sponsor you for no less than 3 years.
8) To pass a citizenship exam at the end of those 3 years with a level of proficiency not less than the highest level of High School education required in your state of sponsorship
9) To obey the laws of the country with no criminal convictions of a misdemeanor or higher on your record at the end of 3 years.

These are "difficult" but by no means impossible to attain for even the most basic person.

So in other words, Asian. Do you as a natural born citizen meet all those theoretical requirements?

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member

Most people try to argue "You wouldn't be for xxx if yyy happened to a member of your family" and I would like to think them wrong. I would like to think that I would not allow personal experiences to color my quest for truth, justice and rationality.

So if some Jihadist blew up your family, you'd just shrug it off and not let it effect your resolve?

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
All developing nations need unskilled immigration. This is a simple fact.

And a lot of your first and second generation immigrant doctors and engineers came here without those skilled degrees and training.

That is if you believe all that.

...are you suggesting the US is a developing nation that needs more unskilled labor?

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
So in other words, Asian. Do you as a natural born citizen meet all those theoretical requirements?

I don't have to because I am a natural born citizen of this country.
But:

1) I am a natural born citizen, my mastery of the language matches the same as the rest of the state educated populace at minimum.
2) I have the safety net of a natural born family to support me, so this is moot.
3) There is no cost for my upbringing, it was carried by my parents through taxes
4) I have a college degree in a STEM field, but as a natural born citizen, this doesn't apply to me.
5) My job requires me to maintain a spotless FBI/DOJ clearance
6) My credit score was enough to buy a house
7) I have been gainfully employed for over 10 years
8) My state mandated education met the requirements of a citizenship exam
9) See 6.

These are not strict requirements compared to any other high HDI country. They're rather simple to meet. The most difficult one is having 6 months of living expenses saved up for the immigration and finding a job and sponsor while in a foreign country.

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
I don't have to because I am a natural born citizen of this country.
But:

1) I am a natural born citizen, my mastery of the language matches the same as the rest of the state educated populace at minimum.
2) I have the safety net of a natural born family to support me, so this is moot.
3) There is no cost for my upbringing, it was carried by my parents through taxes
4) I have a college degree in a STEM field, but as a natural born citizen, this doesn't apply to me.
5) My job requires me to maintain a spotless FBI/DOJ clearance
6) My credit score was enough to buy a house
7) I have been gainfully employed for over 10 years
8) My state mandated education met the requirements of a citizenship exam
9) See 6.

These are not strict requirements compared to any other high HDI country. They're rather simple to meet. The most difficult one is having 6 months of living expenses saved up for the immigration and finding a job and sponsor while in a foreign country.

So you don't have to meet your own stringent requirements because you're already American right? And the American dream only applies to people whom have already met said requirements, or are already citizens?

Last edited:

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
So you don't have to meet your own stringent requirements because you're already American right? And the American dream only applies to people whom have already met said requirements, or are already citizens?

These requirements are not stringent in the least.
And, yes, I was born in this country to parents who were born in this country. I am a citizen by virtue of my birth, and I have contributed taxes my entire adult life and my parents have paid taxes on every aspect of my raising. My dues are paid, my place is secure.
If you want in, you need to prove first that you will not be a drain on this country and you are worth taking in as opposed to the thousands of others who will GLADLY take your place that DO meet those requirements.
This is no different from a job interview. Get good or get out of the way, there are people behind you.

And, I actually DO meet those requirements I stated except for the 6 months living expenses in liquid assets.
If I were hard pressed, I could sell my game collection and easily get enough to live comfortably for the next 5 years.

Also, the "American Dream" can apply to anyone, you don't need to be in America or an American Citizen to pursue it. Any democratic nation with equality of opportunity and social mobility is applicable.

Last edited:

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

You're a fool.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
And where do your ancestors fit in? Or are you purebred WASP?

My father's side were purebred Scottish, and immigrated legally during my grandfather's generation. My father was born in the USA.
My mother's side was some unknown admixture of Canadian/french and Native American.

Neither Protestant, nor very much Anglo Saxon. Catholic and Celt on my father's side.
Pretty white though. The native american in my family is from more than 4 generations ago.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
155 days

Anybody think Biden is gonna tap in at the last minute & save the day?

Who else do they even have lined up..

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Specially for STEVENK .... directly from the UK :

Enjoy your cultural enrichment.

Europe is doing great at the moment :

Why are you even sending me this? You don't even know what my stance is on the situation, and I know you don't because I don't even know.

All I know is that there is no black and white, just giant buckets of unpleasant grey, and anyone who claims to have exact answers to a situation as complex as what has happened in Europe over the last few years is an idiot and it's incredibly easy to show them as such.

To those who think fuck them all, I say have some compassion. You don't have some god given right to have been born into a comparatively easy life and a knock in your own living standards to help out others in need should be a price worth paying. I know most of you would do it on an individual basis, if someone turned up in genuine need at your home, so why not on a larger scale?

To those who think a total free for all, maybe one day society will be there, but we're far, far from that right now. Just simple economics won't allow it, housing, services etc cannot move as quickly as people can, so it needs to be a gradual process. And people will always exploit unquestioning generosity as a weakness.

MuppeT

War Room Troll
To those who think fuck them all, I say have some compassion. You don't have some god given right to have been born into a comparatively easy life and a knock in your own living standards to help out others in need should be a price worth paying. I know most of you would do it on an individual basis, if someone turned up in genuine need at your home, so why not on a larger scale?

That is life. Fuck compassion when it comes to swarms of uneducated savages coming by the thousands. Not to integrate but to make their mini communities in OUR countries and live by their OLD ways.
They don't show even a tat of ambition to change their ways and become a decent part of society. Other middle eastern countries don't even want them.
Why are those so called "refugees" not going to parts of Europe where there is no free stuff and you have to work in order to put food on the table? Why do they swarm ONLY the countries with welfare systems?

Stevenk you are acting like a mindless leftist social justice warrior that doesn't see further than their own nose. Trying to validate and convince yourself that you are a better human being for all the bad reasons.

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
That is life. Fuck compassion when it comes to swarms of uneducated savages

That's a bit harsh coming from you, Skullz. Maybe you should tap dance on back to Moldova, or whatever 3rd world eastern Euro shithole you're from.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Co-signed.
I'll agree that America fucked up some other places by butting in where we didn't need to be, but the solution to that isn't to just shove all the people into a better country and act like you solved the problem while Rome starts smoking.

The solution is to stop being so interventionist, clean up existing messes, and tell the refugees to fuck off and fix up their own countries instead of bringing their baggage here and lowering our standard of living.

This I actually agree with.

No.

But now you're off the rails.

People come to the United States so that they can achieve those things. For a long time, that's what this country was about.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Yeah - that immigration list is basically made for Western Europe - the only people who would qualify are rich white people and we have enough of those. Do you really want Kristin Meller and Rachel Maddow in the same zip code?

I agree it should require effort and some type of proven track record, but a FICO score and Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) for someone emigrating from Nigeria or similar is silliness. This is for immigration only of course, not to be confused with granting refugee status - those are very different levels and standards.

I've often wondered why we don't embrace large-scale New Deal type of programs for the unemployed and immigrant communities. Rather than handout programs that result in zero work, zero motivation and satisfaction for the person receiving the assistance, and for every person in genuine need - we see someone abusing the system - put the folks to work on interstate transportation or similar projects. There is no reason everyone who wants to work (and is able to work) isn't able to be offered work - the money is already there, why not put it toward something productive. It's a win-win-win. The workers have sense of accomplishment, the taxpayers paying for the work see results, and unemployment is gone (as are the byproducts of those with too much idle time).

Of course there are some who simply can't work due to medical condition - that is a separate issue entirely.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Because it's easier to get a moron to vote for you if you give them a freebie, than to give one an honest days pay if they have to work for it. That's how the left so greatly games the idiot pool of the US to keep getting re-elected in various districts around the US. Sure they make fun of large non-coastal regions of the US, but those same so called redneck areas are a lot of blue collar white working class types who may just get by but they damn well work for it. Then you have the opposite who get SNAP cards, welfare checks, free phones, and other bullshit just for staying under a federally chosen poverty level so they're encouraged to stay poor and on their ass to live fairly well than work hard and maybe get back to that level or better. There's just no incentive.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Duf if America opened up its borders to anyone and everyone the whole world would want to move to America. America is #1.

This is what happens when you have an incredibly lax immigration policy: https://www.reddit.com/r/canada/comments/4jo0op/dear_trudeau_please_tax_the_shit_out_of_foreign/

I used to agree with you on this issue but have changed my mind in the past few years. I still think charging $135 for a passport is bullshit though.

Anecdote is not evidence young padawan.