white shells

tighecg

Armored Scrum Object
I am under the impression that most white shells are rental shells, my question is, does every game have a white shell variant?

Also I have a last blade 2 English with a white shell(i think it's white, it may be grey). I have heard that it is not a rental. Is there a difference between the rental and non rental white mvs shells?

Wasn't sure where to post this question, hope it's cool here.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
No.

There is. If it says SNKG on the shell, it's a rental. There should never be an English label on a rental cart though, those were JPN exclusive.

Kinda. Search Function would have answered those questions just fine...

But now you could post pics of that cart :)

tighecg

Armored Scrum Object
But now you could post pics of that cart :)

I'll try later, at work now. I'm curious tho, is there something unusual about that cart?

The search function told me the white shell was cool on LB2. I couldn't find the answer to the first question, guess I didn't dig deep enough.

1459432710050.jpg

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
yes, that looks like a legit cart... sweet one at that. There's nothing really special about it, I got a blue one... but English labeled LB2 MVS carts are sparse.

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
That's same colour cart I've got. Did you get from China? Took my ages to get an English labelled LB2 cart.

tighecg

Armored Scrum Object
That's same colour cart I've got. Did you get from China? Took my ages to get an English labelled LB2 cart.

Nope, not China. Fleabayed it from Spain. That pic makes it look a lot better than it is. There are a lot of scuffs and stains on the shell. But it is still pretty good I think, and the label is solid. Misleading light for that pic though. Boards check out good too.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Totally normal white. The SNK rental carts are more of an opaque semen white, as opposed to a solid white like that Last Blade.

Ray

New Challenger
Huh, didn't know LB2 came in solid white carts. I got an English KoF '98 in a white shell, but that's the only one I've seen.

Anyway, when did SNK stop the rental service in Japan? I've seen some rental carts of LB1 and RBFFS, but no newer games. Also, does anyone know which games had a rental release? I've only seen rental versions of fighters including some less popular ones like Kabuki Klash.