Which Neo Geo consumer system design is your favorite?

Which Neo Geo consumer system design is your favorite?

• Neo Geo Pocket

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neo Geo Pocket Color

• Neo Geo Pocket Color (slim model)

• Other

• Total voters

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Although not a unique case, SNK was an example of a console manufacturer that standardized the aesthetic design of their consoles across global markets.

Meaning "New World", the brand itself always represented the infinite potential that awaited gamers in new undiscovered worlds. Considering that the product line was intended to be enjoyed by gamers all over the world, it can be said that SNK's global hardware approach is the natural reflection of their brand concept. Gamers across the globe fondly remember the first time they laid eyes on the Neo Geo home system, often cited in gaming publications as the "cadillac of gaming systems".

neo geo aes.pngneo geo cd limited model.jpgneo geo cd.png

Starting with the iconic home/rental console, the Neo Geo hardware line has always maintained an attractive series of curves and grooves befitting of a premium product. The black and gold motif of the neo geo system would eventually transition first to black & white with the non-limited edition CD systems, then to gray & white for the CDZ, and later to a variety of color schemes to better suit the personal tastes of consumers on the go for the competitively priced Neo Geo Pocket line.

neo geo pocket color units.jpg

When it comes to the consumer home consoles, the original home system will always remain my favorite design with the look of the limited edition/front loading Neo Geo CD coming in at a close second.

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
The original Neo Geo AES. Though the Japanese Neo Geo CD does look pretty cool.

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
I have a soft spot for the model 1 Neo Geo Pocket Color. Maybe the stick is just more worn down on my model 2, but I love how the cobalt model 1 fits in my hands.

DaveGeorge

NEST Puppet
Snk's design is pretty slick overall. But if I had to choose I think I'd go for the CDZ as it has a certain futuristic look even to this day.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I would say the front loader cd system is the most attractive. Most pictures dont seem to do it justice

The original AES has an attractive but also fairly unremarkable design. Its a good looking system overall, but it doesnt quite catch the eye. I have my AES pretty visible, and no one really comments on it. However, I would have to say for a system that came out in 1990 it has aged well aesthetically,mostly due to the simple design. It does fit pretty well in a modern home theater setup. Alot better than say a North american super nintendo.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
The king is still the original Neo Geo, the AES. It has a simple yet elegant design that highlights the main attraction, the massive cartridge slot.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Home Cart console is always the king of cool looking consoles.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
Home Cart console is always the king of cool looking consoles.

I agree just because you get some color with the cart stickers. Same with NGPC, the CD system hides all that glorious neo.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I agree just because you get some color with the cart stickers. Same with NGPC, the CD system hides all that glorious neo.

This is collectard nonsense. How much time do you spend looking at stickers when playing games?

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
I'm between the CD top loader and the AES. Both are sexy as hell. The front loader and CDZ looked a bit odd for my taste.

NEO G-TRON

Marked Wolf
Definitely the AES home console for me. Slick smooth looking, stylish and very elegant! The first time i held my very own in 2004 I absolutely fell in love with it!

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Same here. I think the Aes is the best looking console of all time. Only other official console that comes really close is the 1st Gen Wondermega.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
This is collectard nonsense. How much time do you spend looking at stickers when playing games?

It's funny you say this but when ever I hook up my AES or CMVS, I always leave a cart inside just because it looks cooler with a cart in it. With the MVS, you can't see the label obviously but if you got a Clear Color Cart it just gives it a different look. Collectard nonsense for sure but just saying.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
I always found something in the AES console that reminded me Cameron's Aliens and in part "The Abyss"..."monochrome industrial mecha design" or something like that...cools stuff.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
aes design for me all the way. just had a cool, sleek design that still looks awesome to this day!

Also like the model 1 neo cd design too!

NeoLucian

New Challenger
CDZ for me, always thought it looked like a sleaker version of the Sega Saturn