Which KOF is best per Character?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Moveset and fluidity, which KOF is best for each character?

I know for Terry it's easily 96 due to the no charge moveset. His whole moveset is so easy to pull off. Makes using him so enjoyable. I hate the ones with the charges the most.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I'd say 98 is best for Takuma, Terry, Iori, Orochi Yashiro, Goro and Chizuru.

97 for Blue Mary, Joe, Yamazaki ( at high level ) and Kyo.
NeoWave for Choi. He's really a poking bastard in there.
2001 for Heidern, Kim

There's too many chars and KOFs.
But imo, these are the versions of those chars where they kick ass.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Moveset and fluidity, which KOF is best for each character?

I know for Terry it's easily 96 due to the no charge moveset. His whole moveset is so easy to pull off. Makes using him so enjoyable. I hate the ones with the charges the most.
Terry is a charge character. You not liking that means you don't like Terry.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Anyway, KOF 2002 for Vanessa, Ramon, and Billy.

I don't much like '97, but a case could be made for '97 Shermie over '98 and 2002.

Those are the ones that jump to mind immediately.

'03 for Duo Lon, I guess haha

But seriously, Terry. When it comes to Fatal Fury games and characters, there's either my opinion or the wrong opinion. :emb:

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Random mumblings...

I liked Kim best in KOF 02. I really liked his revision for that game. Messed it up in 03 though.

Kyo I liked best in 2001. He was also good in 03.

Andy was best in 95 imo. I think he's been shit in KOF ever since, thus why they reverted him in XII/XIII to his 95 self.

TBH... I liked most of the characters best in 95! Mai was at her best in that too.

Robert was great in 95, 98, 02 & 03... no clear choice there.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Terry is a charge character. You not liking that means you don't like Terry.

I don't mind playing him as a charge character but he's way easier to play without charging. You don't have to rely on holding a direction for so long to execute the command for his moves. I started playing Terry in FF, I hated that they made him some half-breed charge half circle character. That's why I like 96, the moveset makes the most sense.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster

'97 He had an infinite corner trap with Rising Tackle.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i always thought that kof 96,97 and 98 had the best versions of all the characters, terry,kyo,robert and leona especially were great in those game. however, i do love the kof 95 ryo and roba :buttrock: and really enjoy playing as k' in kof 03, although he was great in kof 02 as well.

NeoGeoFanatic

Neo Geo Cup '98
Heidern KOF 95 - It was easy to pull off counters and his move set overall wall good. Besides, his lower kick had a cheap long reach.

However, just the fact that Mai is in the games is enough to play FF and KOF games! :drool_2:

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
Robert was great in 95, 98, 02 & 03... no clear choice there.

I really liked '03 Robert, probably my favorite version of him. Too bad that version was only used once then usurped by NGBC Robert.