Where to invade next?

Rocko

Galford's Armourer

Michael Moore. Love him or hate him. He sure does have some points here.

He's cherry picking in this documentary of course, but what do you guys think of this movie, if you have seen it. It's pretty funny nevertheless.

As someone who lives in Europe, the things we take for granted, like six weeks of paid vacation every year. It appalls me that some people does not have that. :confused:

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
i was hoping this would be a sweet poll :cool:

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
Yeah, because it's terrible to get time off to be yourself instead of constantly working for people who make 100 times more than you.

It's not like it's a problem in any way. Scandinavian countries are among the wealthiest in the world, so why knock having time off?

Do you believe that life should be about working for the benefit of corporations?

Have fun working more, in shittier and more dangerous jobs (because workers' rights is communism!), getting paid less, dying younger, etc.

Last edited:

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
You can afford 6 weeks paid and social benefits because the Americans buy all the bombs that keep the Russki's (and others) at bay. Patrol the waters and send Destroyers when you ask because the Russians are in subs near your islands and fjords.

Your social network is such a small sample size. Try to apply your utopia to 350 million people. Oh wait, instead you are arresting old women who are giving Syrians rides OUT of the country because you so desperately want to hold onto those 6 weeks.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ays-woman-prosecuted-for-giving-a6927676.html

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Half of your income going to taxes.... that's how you get 6 week paid vacations.
As much as we goof about, America is the world police. It is necessary, but maybe not to the extent that it exists today. I cannot put it eloquently, but I had a European friend in politics explain that it's not a joke.

Anyways, interesting trailer.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
You can afford 6 weeks paid and social benefits because the Americans buy all the bombs that keep the Russki's (and others) at bay. Patrol the waters and send Destroyers when you ask because the Russians are in subs near your islands and fjords.

Your social network is such a small sample size. Try to apply your utopia to 350 million people. Oh wait, instead you are arresting old women who are giving Syrians rides OUT of the country because you so desperately want to hold onto those 6 weeks.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ays-woman-prosecuted-for-giving-a6927676.html

damn.gif

Sonned by Gosling :keke:

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member

Retard. Do you actually believe this bullshit?

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Moore is an uninspired anti-American hypocrite, whose work is unfunny cheap shots at exaggerated pop stereotypes

Who would take this bum seriously? The guys a walking heart attack

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Enjoying all the relevant comments about the movie... If only Americans weren't so overworked, they'd have time to read the OP. :keke:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Americans have been brainwashed to accept one week of vacation per year is more than they deserve. Already got people in here defending their pittance by saying they're not lazy and then bringing up the military. wtf

Y'all niggas crazy

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Americans have been brainwashed to accept one week of vacation per year is more than they deserve. Already got people in here defending their pittance by saying they're not lazy and then bringing up the military. wtf

Y'all niggas crazy

Americans have fundamentally different ideas about the nature and function of and their relation to government than the rest of the world.

Perhaps to their own discomfort.

That said, I thought this thread was about Dark Souls invasions.

All you Darkwraith invaders are fuckers. Crazy ass Mound Makers too.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Yeah, because it's terrible to get time off to be yourself instead of constantly working for people who make 100 times more than you.

It's not like it's a problem in any way. Scandinavian countries are among the wealthiest in the world, so why knock having time off?
That's great when you live in a tiny little closed off, homogeneous society. Try implementing those utopian ideals in a full-sized country sometime, you crazy Swede.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
"being yourself" = fucking off for weeks at a time while serving zero earthly function

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
One week PTO is too little. I hope even Americans are not happy with that.
two weeks is common as introductory role. It sucks, but people can live with it.

I would urge people to negotiate PTO when they take new jobs. Pay is often very hard to discuss, but companies are usually very open to PTO. Especially when you have experience elsewhere, there is no need to start at the introductory PTO scale. It's worked for all my friends taking new roles where the introductory PTO was 2 weeks.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender

Y'all niggas crazy

When you work salary, all vacation means is you take those 40 hours and work them either before or after your vacation. Nobody covers for you, so the work you need to get done still needs getting done, and deadlines don't change.

Last time I took vacation was 3 years ago, because I was forced by HR. Then something broke while I was on vacation, so I ended up working while on vacation and got yelled at by my boss and coworkers for having time off when everything was on fire.

Just not fucking worth it.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Moore is an uninspired anti-American hypocrite, whose work is unfunny cheap shots at exaggerated pop stereotypes

Who would take this bum seriously? The guys a walking heart attack

Qft.

Take Michael Moore & Documentary and you got yourself a nice oxymoron. Or, to ease on things a bit, just leave out the "oxy" prefix...

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I'm not ashamed to admit my lazy European ass can't even comprehend the idea of just one week off a year.