Where did you get your handle from?

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Black Sabbath.

Specifically a misheard lyric from Iron Man. It was 10 years ago, and a buddy of mine and I were skating at a skate park while 'Iron Man' was blasting on a boom box. There's a line where Ozzy sings "Planning his vengeance", but I misheard it and turned to my friend and said "Did he just say lemony Vengeance?"

It was soon after that I started using it as my gamertag for Xbox live, and the rest is history.

MidnightAbyss

Mr. Big's Thug
If I remember right it was from a really shitty horror film. Why I ever started using it I'll never know. It's actually pretty stupid now that I think about it for the first time.

lastcallhall

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Came up with it in the late 90s/2000 era. Loved Scott Hall as a wrestler. Saw him on WCW Nitro or Thunder one night walking out with a martini in hand, and the name just popped into my head. Stuck ever since.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Name of a comic book character I created in 1988. For a place like this, it was a natural ;)

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
I used to do some network administration at my college, and everyone there was a huge nerd like me, so we played D&D sometimes.
Ever hear the phrase "Rocks fall, everyone dies"?

It's like that except our network would go down suddenly due to the shitty service provider the college used and it wouldn't resolve host names.
Reports were written containing the phrase: "Network fails, DNS Dies"

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Thought it sounded cool when I was in 8th grade or so getting exposed to the BBS scene. Kept with it when I moved to IRC and really only use it here and on another game forum. Everywhere else I use some form of my last name, which is what most people end up calling me by in real life anyway.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
My favorite weapon in Metal Slug. Yeah, not particularly original.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Mine comes from circa 96 or 97? I always liked the Panda itself and people have called my Kiddo quite alot in my life. So around that time I kinda just started on BBS' using the handle Kidpanda, stuck with it pretty much forever.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Synbios is a character in Shining Force III.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Hōjō Family, of hereditary regents to the shogunate of Japan who exercised actual rule from 1199 to 1333. During that period, nine successive members of the family held the regency. The Hōjō took their name from their small estate in the Kanogawa Valley in Izu Province. I drink a lot of coffee

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Some dude who kicks things

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
Thought it sounded cool when I was in 8th grade or so getting exposed to the BBS scene. Kept with it when I moved to IRC and really only use it here and on another game forum. Everywhere else I use some form of my last name, which is what most people end up calling me by in real life anyway.

I was always wondering if it was from the Mike Allred comic character MADMAN

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
My name (which is said like "Kyle")

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
In my early twenties I joined a British movie forum, KMC. It also had a gaming sub-forum where all kinds of meaningless bullshit was discussed, I partook of it. I guess I thought of myself as "2D purist" , I also thought I was pretty bad-ass at 2D fighters. After playing some Japanese/Mexican players online, I found out that my "skills" were shit. When I signed up for NG.com the handle was used sarcastically, as my skills are bottom to low-mid tier at best.

When possible I also use "2D!" on arcade score boards.

Last edited:

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
I'm an old school Advanced Dungeons & Dragons nerd. Gary Gygax, the creator of the game, used to publish articles in The Dragon (magazine), where he would often address the Gentle Reader. I figured that makes me a gentle gamer.

Contain yourselves, ladies.

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
I am an architect and design shit buildings for the federal government. I took the number 03 because 01 and 02 are taken.