Where did you get your handle from?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Mine was a mix of a lot of things. Mainly it's a corruption of Gordon Liu's birth name Jin-Hsi but saw a charachter in Dynasty Warriors named BianXi and changed it to an X. I use the X a lot since I'm a Gen X baby. This is also why JNX is what it is. Jamma Nation X was a corruption of Generation X.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Moe
"a Japanese slang word, and loanword that refers to feelings of strong affection mainly towards characters in anime, manga, and video games. Moe however, has also gained usage to refer to feelings of affection towards any subject. Moe can lead to sexual feelings and desires"

I knew it.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Neo
"a prefix from the ancient Greek word for young, neos"

Moe
"a Japanese slang word, and loanword that refers to feelings of strong affection mainly towards characters in anime, manga, and video games. Moe however, has also gained usage to refer to feelings of affection towards any subject. Moe can lead to sexual feelings and desires"
I thought it was because of...
fcf06bde9d3a9c923dafacde6cf116d3.jpg

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
Started out as blazemore, which is a spell from the US Dragon Warrior games on NES. I'd been using that handle since around 1993. Switched to beigemore about 10 years ago because so many people started using it... mostly because they associate it with weed.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I just really like egg sandwiches. But then again, who doesn't?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I had a girlfriend, and she apparently wanted to get rid of me, so she tried to get me interested in her friend by having sexy time with both of us. It didn't work, so she later tried to convince me she was pregnant. That didn't work either, so she tried to convince me she'd become born-again. That didn't work either, so she had to actually flat out dump me.
wow, that girl=crazy...

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
My favorite character from Giant Robo: The Animation, one of the best anime I've ever seen.

snapshot20100621162323.jpg

It was a toss up between him and Ninja Master Gara from Bastard!:

Gara_Manga.jpg

I adopted the name during the AOL 3.0 days, and I ended up choosing Taiso because I wanted an anime themed handle for the anime and manga AOL chat groups and he was more the kind of person I wanted to be like back then (and even now, come to think of it.) Tacit, a little funny at times, able to be wise and thoughtful when the situation required of it and powerful enough to accomplish his goals, even at the cost of sacrificing himself for the greater good if need be.

EDIT: Yeah, the Gara image is huge. And glorious. Enjoy it.

Last edited:

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
My favorite character from Giant Robo: The Animation, one of the best anime I've ever seen.

View attachment 29461

It was a toss up between him and Ninja Master Gara from Bastard!:

View attachment 29462

I adopted the name during the AOL 3.0 days, and I ended up choosing Taiso because I wanted an anime themed handle for the anime and manga AOL chat groups and he was more the kind of person I wanted to be like back then (and even now, come to think of it.) Tacit, a little funny at times, able to be wise and thoughtful when the situation required of it and powerful enough to accomplish his goals, even at the cost of sacrificing himself for the greater good if need be.

EDIT: Yeah, the Gara image is huge. And glorious. Enjoy it.
Bastard!! Do you happen to have a Jap version with English subtitles? I've been looking for it, but couldn't find it.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
I wonder how that happened.

I didn't have a threesome, and I didn't tell anyone I had a threesome. It was high school. People twist your words. Kind of like Neo-Geo.com. There were two girls, and there was nudity. That's about it.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Bastard!! Do you happen to have a Jap version with English subtitles? I've been looking for it, but couldn't find it.

I still have my Pioneer release on DVD, which is bilingual with subs. Don't recall how good the subs are because it's been a LONG time since I've seen it, but from what I can remember it's a pretty competent translation.

This is the one I own.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I didn't have a threesome, and I didn't tell anyone I had a threesome. It was high school. People twist your words. Kind of like Neo-Geo.com. There were two girls, and there was nudity. That's about it.

LOL, sorry bro, I'm not buying your "I didn't tell anybody, my words were twisted" BS. Even in this thread you made sure to leave out just enough information for us to come to the only logical conclusion we could --that you had a threesome.

"Word got out that I had a threesome" instead of "somebody started a false rumor about me having a threesome"

"she tried to get me interested in her friend by having sexy time with both of us" instead of "they both flashed me" (or whatever really happened, because you're still being vague as fuck)

Did you get your old screen name because "word got out" that you shoved a hawk up your ass in Detroit, Michigan?

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I still have my Pioneer release on DVD, which is bilingual with subs. Don't recall how good the subs are because it's been a LONG time since I've seen it, but from what I can remember it's a pretty competent translation.

This is the one I own.

I had that one, and I miss it. The subs are a direct translation as far as I can tell, much more accurate than the dub. I did enjoy the hell out of the dub though.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Ah, all this talk of threesomes takes me back. Serious question guys, is it considered gay if you have a threesome with 2 guys and 1 girl?

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
And what if the girl in that threesome had manly physical features and mannerisms?

...and a penis?

It's still not really gay, right? Maybe semi-gay at most...?

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Ah, all this talk of threesomes takes me back. Serious question guys, is it considered gay if you have a threesome with 2 guys and 1 girl?

Makes me think of fingercuffs, Chasing Amy reference.