Where can i get empty mvs shells?

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I thought there's someone selling mvs shells with different colors couple years ago.

Anyone knows where i can get empty mvs shells?

Many thanks

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
How many did you need?

I was going to say... "Stop enabling him..."... then thought...

Why the fook does he want empty shells for... meh... so go for it James:D

xROTx

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Do you want to make your MVS games look like new?
Don't Fakk out!

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Didn't you just sell an empty shell?

xorthen

Banned
You could probably find them easy if you knew the right people in China.

You can also probably use a CAD service by using a CAD file.

https://grabcad.com/library/neogeo-mvs-cartridge

I have never seen one in action but it's probably too expensive to print using a CAD. I'm sure you could find a plastic molding company somewhere that could tackle it. Someone in China knows how to make shells for all those 161 in 1 multicarts. FIND HIM

Last edited:

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I purchased a few replacement shells from JMKurtz years ago - they were clear in color. I had a cart that was in such bad shape, all of the posts for the screws were stripped or cracked and it was literally falling apart.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Reclaimer was able to source a large quantity of replacement shells in the past.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?259093-MVS-Cart-Shells-Brand-New-Repro-Black-or-Green

I'd recommend asking him where he sourced his and/or if he could secure some more.

I don't have any of those specifically, but I did get some clear ones before. The ones I got aren't as high quality as OG shells, but they do the trick just fine. I found the clear ones that I purchased have a bit more "room" in them, so a cart with a socketed EPROM (e.g. Metal Slug 2 Turbo) fits just fine without any modification.

Last edited:

xorthen

Banned
I wonder how nice that cad file 3D prints. Hmmm...downloading

EDIT: Ah man, I thought this was a fully rendered case. It's just the outer surface as one solid block. nuts.

You printed it or just downloaded it? If you printed it , you should take a pic of it. That's kind of shitty it is only a solid block. Maybe someone could edit the file and make it an actual cart print.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Reclaimer was able to source a large quantity of replacement shells in the past.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?259093-MVS-Cart-Shells-Brand-New-Repro-Black-or-Green

I'd recommend asking him where he sourced his and/or if he could secure some more.

I don't have any of those specifically, but I did get some clear ones before. The ones I got aren't as high quality as OG shells, but they do the trick just fine. I found the clear ones that I purchased have a bit more "room" in them, so a cart with a socketed EPROM (e.g. Metal Slug 2 Turbo) fits just fine without any modification.

Thanks for the information!!!!

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
You could always try refinishing old shells.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
You printed it or just downloaded it? If you printed it , you should take a pic of it. That's kind of shitty it is only a solid block. Maybe someone could edit the file and make it an actual cart print.

Haha. Nah just opened in CAD and took a look at the model. Too bad it wasn't a complete 3 part model. Would have been fun making some odd colored cases. Glow-the-dark? Lol

Maybe sometime if I get bored I'll model a complete version.

xorthen

Banned
Haha. Nah just opened in CAD and took a look at the model. Too bad it wasn't a complete 3 part model. Would have been fun making some odd colored cases. Glow-the-dark? Lol

Maybe sometime if I get bored I'll model a complete version.
Can you edit a cad model based off of the one someone already saved and uploaded?

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Can you edit a cad model based off of the one someone already saved and uploaded?

It's possible. I can view the file in cad. I would just have to run the import feature and see if it could convert all the 3D faces. But I would still have to cut up the model and render the insides correctly. (Just tedious)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

You can gets shells easily, I know the contact. I was going to order a big batch of 1000 but backed out when they didn't want to send me a single sample cart.

AcidRedux

n00b
Go to aliexpress.com and search for Neo Geo MVS. A bunch of vendors with multi-carts will appear, contact various vendors and ask them for the Shells directly. It can be hit or miss but I'm sure there would be someone willing to accommodate your request.