When was the moment you realized you were old...

Endlessnameless

They call me Gringo,
For me it happened a year or two back when the family and I were at a mall in the evening and I looked around and wondered what the hell all these fucking annoying teenagers were doing there. Until I realized that I used to be one of those fucking annoying teenagers who loitered at the mall.

For reference....just turned 35

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I don't know any artist in the music charts atm...

xROTx

PS. BESIDES... David Bowie... who happens to be very popular atm... RIP the Major Tom... a true great...

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I don't really feel old but I feel like I have lost my youthful carefree spark. Marriage, mortgage, kids etc does that to you.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I realized it last year when I got really excited about crockpots that were on sale for Black Friday.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I realized it last year when I got really excited about crockpots that were on sale for Black Friday.

My brothers are both married with multiple kids so they don't really get anything for themselves at Christmas. As such, I always tell them I'll get them whatever they want. Video games, booze, tools, sports tickets, ammo to take to target practice, etc. Shit their wives and kids keep them from having.

What did my older brother ask me for this year?

A fucking waffle iron.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
A couple of new years ago, at about 11pm I noticed we didn't have enough milk left for the morning. The only place open at that time on new years eve selling milk was the mcdonalds drive thru, so I drove up and ordered three milk cartons. The guy, young of course, handed them to me and said "you lining your stomach for a big night eh?" to which I just said no. He looked at me like I was insane, and I realised how little we had in common.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
"You don't need to perform those duties anymore. We have hired a young engineer to do them."

I was 26 or 27. It was right around my birthday.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
When my pubes turned white

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
When I sat on the can and my balls finally hung in the water. Used to just be my penis taking a dip.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I've had a few gray hairs since high school, but I happened to look in the mirror and notice a whole lot of random gray.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
About 5 years ago when I tried to move games around in the place and was not only beat halfway through it but needed assistance in doing the rest...later accelerated by years of bending collecting coins from cabinet coin boxes taking their toll on my knees and back.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
When I sat on the can and my balls finally hung in the water. Used to just be my penis taking a dip.

I don't understand the toilets you guys have over there. Why is there a need to have water up to 1 inch under the rim?

If you do a bangin shit it looks like a galaxy in there.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
I felt old after a younger co-worker was talking about Nirvana. Saying how he was only 6 or 7 when Cobain died and how he missed out on when he was alive and the band of going.

I saw them live once and was at work when I heard he died. Hearing someone talk about a musician "before his time" that was big during my time made me feel old. Kinda how I think about Hendrix or Zeppelin before Bonham died is how the younger crowd looks at Nirvana.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I felt old after a younger co-worker was talking about Nirvana. Saying how he was only 6 or 7 when Cobain died and how he missed out on when he was alive and the band of going.

I saw them live once and was at work when I heard he died. Hearing someone talk about a musician "before his time" that was big during my time made me feel old. Kinda how I think about Hendrix or Zeppelin before Bonham died is how the younger crowd looks at Nirvana.

Should've told him how shit nirvana actually was.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
@ 30 I started getting gray hairs on my chin. That's when I started to realize I'm getting old. I'm 32 now and the gray's are starting to spread all over my beard. It's funny how I don't have one gray hair on my head but I have to use hair color for men to keep my shit matching. Fuckin stress, It's killing me little by little.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
Fuck gray. I'm getting so much more hair all over except for on top of my head. My nose hair didn't used to tickle the inside of my nose. WTF?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Fuck gray. I'm getting so much more hair all over except for on top of my head. My nose hair didn't used to tickle the inside of my nose. WTF?

Get a good nose hair trimmer. I trim my shit once a month.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
@ 30 I started getting gray hairs on my chin. That's when I started to realize I'm getting old. I'm 32 now and the gray's are starting to spread all over my beard. It's funny how I don't have one gray hair on my head but I have to use hair color for men to keep my shit matching. Fuckin stress, It's killing me little by little.

Your hair color will change once you get Pulstar cart.......

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
I turned my ankle at work. No big deal as I've turned my ankles plenty of times in my life, poor balance and all that. However, this time it turned into a fractured foot. It is hell getting old.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I turned my ankle at work. No big deal as I've turned my ankles plenty of times in my life, poor balance and all that. However, this time it turned into a fractured foot. It is hell getting old.

This. I'm notorious for doing dumb shit falling and getting back up again like nothing happened. Now when I do it I play it off like it doesn't hurt and I go straight to the fridge and grab a ice pack.