When was the last time you saw a neo geo in arcades?

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
The last time I saw one was a few years ago with ms3 in it.

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
I haven't seen a neo geo in the arcade in the last decade and more. Only games i see now are racing game and driving + gun games. The last one was baseball stars 2 long time ago.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
My local arcade has one. Funspot and Pinball Wizard also both have 4 slots.

ChiefofSB

Geese's Thug
The last time i seen an arcade way back in the 90's, the closest thing to an arcade we had was a grocery store that had 1 arcade at a time like Crime Fighters then TMNT, MK1 & MK2.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The food court in Flushing, NYC still had a neo cab the last time I went there three years ago.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Good post. Last time I saw a Neo cab in the wild was when Chinatown Fair NYC was still open in its original incarnation. :(

Last edited:

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
About 3 months ago at Super Arcade in Walnut, California. They got a couple of candy cabs with Kof 98, 2003. Good times!

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
There are no Arcades here anymore :( Not for years.

Medaka350

n00b
Back in 1994.

I think the only arcade I've been to since then was one at Santa Monica Pier and I didn't see a Neogeo there.
Wasn't really looking though.

They had a fake mini arcade at my local car wash, but the local gang bangers destroyed them all a few years ago..literally destroyed.

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
Arcade UFO in Austin has a display case of Neo Geo games. I asked about buying one and they said that they are not for sale but for people to pick what they would like to play and can switch out what's in their cabs upon request. They have a ton of Candy Cabs.

Not sure how many were actual MVS inside. They had KoF 96 running in one on the floor.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Last time i saw one it was at Planet Zero in houston tx. I wanna say it was running kof98. And before that it was at this arcade called stargate. They had kof2002. And last but not least, where i played neo the most when i was younger was back in 96. There was a place in the mall called exhilarama. It was huge, had rides, laser tag, party rooms. In the very front there was a big arcade area where newer/current games were. But if you went further inside there was a slight drop and you would go down afew steps and they had a area called the nickel zone. I think the most expensive game was .20 maybe. most were just .05 they had quite afew big reds, some sf cabs, punisher, terminator, tmnt, random shooters, xmen vs sf. It was awesome. My mom would give use acouple of bucks. We could either play newer games at .50 to $1 a pop, or play awhole bunch of nickel games. Sometime we would do half and half, but most the time we would hit the nickel zone. After afew times of this my mom would only give us a dollar each lol

Arcade UFO in Austin has a display case of Neo Geo games. I asked about buying one and they said that they are not for sale but for people to pick what they would like to play and can switch out what's in their cabs upon request. They have a ton of Candy Cabs.

Not sure how many were actual MVS inside. They had KoF 96 running in one on the floor.
Man i havent been to ufo in ages. I for sure need to make a trip out to austin for some ramen, ufo and do some partying.

Last edited:

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
There's one in a shopping center half an hour from my city - have been there last year the last time. (I think it had metal slug in it)

Superspecs

n00b
Not since the early 90's in the local chippy. Actually, I dont think I have seen a traditional upright cabinet of any kind out in the wild in a very long time.

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I have never seen one in Germany. Only on vacation to other countries, last time in France, Bretagne in 2012.

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
Hotel in Columbus, OH, 4 slot with Aerofighters 2, Metal Slug X... I forget the other 2. About 8 months ago.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
A couple days ago at 1up in Denver. A single slot with MS3.

Evilpoptart

Kula's Candy
I haven't been to the place in while about 2002 but local roller blade/skate arena had a 2 slot Neo for the longest time right by the concession stand. Metal slug 2 and KOF 98 were always in it. Id have to head over that way and see if its still there. Good memory's good times.

Namnuta

Quiz Detective
The local fun center still has a 4 slot neo geo big red up and running in great condition till tomorrow. Because on Sunday shes coming home with me. They still have a couple single slots. Its a great arcade and they built a classics section with sf2 cabs, Neos , 4-player xmen etc.

This is a huge shot in the dark. But if any Canadians on here every go to Shuswap lake, check the family fun center on the North Shore for some old school goodness.

jsiucho

Sakura's Bank Manager
15 Year Member
Theres an arcade at the Mall of the Americas in Miami, they had two cabs still, last time I checked was about 4 years ago, am sure they are still there.

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
There are a few around town here, One in each pizza joint I frequent. One in the local barcade, and a few at random places around town. First one I remember playing was a 4 slot with puzzle de pon, robot army, and I can't remember the other two. Keep trying to get the pizza joint owners to sell me theirs but they are owned by a James cannon and he is a hard one to get ahold of

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Got a local arcade with a jamma SVC Chaos game. Actual MVS that's not in my basement is probably the game shop that I bought my cabinet from and a game shop that closed down in the same mall that has the arcade I was referring to. Forgot what they had though.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Last year in California.
Disneyland's arcade had a Neo-geo mini cab with a couple games on it.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
They still have neo-geo games in Round 1 arcades in socal. But in blast cities. They give you a stupid number of lives in slug5 for one credit. It has to be 7+ or something.