What's the most impressive game to show people who are new to the Neo?

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Not being there to appreciate the actual leap in quality of games at the time is a big deal. Just hearing about, but never seeing the fabled AES console, and the extreme cost of games made it almost mythological. I worked my ass off just to eventually buy a used one back in the 90s and once I actually had it at home the feeling couldn't be matched then, or now.
Emulation for sure makes all of the above trivial.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I get what you're saying and agree, but at the same time if you show someone a shit game like Legend of Success Joe and say this is Neo Geo and this is why the console is so awesome, they're gonna think all games are as shit as that one. I did recently go to a local meetup here and brought my MVS and games and most people were just like "Oh a neo geo...cool" and just kinda ignored it after that.

I think most are just spoiled by emulation, this wasn't a CoD crowd, it was a 'retro' gaming crowd. They'll never be able to experience that feeling of only having NES graphics at your house and then going to an arcade and being in awe at the amount of fluid animations and graphics.

These kids today...

WilalvesBR

NEST Puppet
Blazing Star
Garou MOTW
Metal Slug 3
Samurai Shodown 2 (Samsho IV graphics are also amazing).
The Last Blade 2

Those are the best overall games to cause a good impression specially if you have a true RGB arcade monitor to display them.

giggsy07

Edo Express Delivery Guy
None of them.

If they don't know what it is by now they will probably just think it is a pile of old shit.
Had a mate tell me that last week.My response was get the fuck out..