What's the most controversial film you've ever watched?

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I did sit through and watch Traces of Death 1-4.

Once. I was pretty young then, had more of a stomach for that crap.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member

You mean Faces of Death? I remember that being sort of controversial, yeah, then eventually everyone found out it was fake.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member

I used to rent those on VHS all the time. Great stuff if you can stomach it.

Discovered a lot of those direct-to-video Euro horror movies from the trailers at the beginning (The Burning Moon FTW)

Would love to find the box set, but it's scarce as fuck and always expensive.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Faces of Death and some gang movie I cannot remember the title of --Blood In Blood Out-- were like hood lore when I was a young bull.

Last edited:

Tech&Music

Another Striker
Movie 43. I know, mostly weak sauce compared to most stuff in here, but still. Watched it in the cinema, and the audience was very cold. It was mostly a few awkward, short laughs at some mild jokes, whereas with the more gross jokes, no one laughed. I don't know what it was, but there just was a very awkward vibe in the room, everyone just kind of walked out at the end in near silence.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
I used to watch this kinda shit when I was a kid. Faces of Death, Bad Taste, Meet the Feebles, Takashi Miike stuff, etc.

Anymore these days I've got enough to watch or play that I'd rather just watch shit I find entertaining. So not watching stuff for shock & awe anymore. Latest "controversial" movie I think I watched was The Human Centipede.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Bad Taste, Meet the Feebles

YES

giphy-downsized-large.gif

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Meet the Feebles is Peter Jackson's only good movie.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
As i've got older the shock/gore stuff i used to seek out and watch as a youngster has lost it's appeal, i'm actually a real pussy nowaday's when it come's to these kind of film's.
Can't believe nobody's mentioned the japanese guinea pig series, the first 2 were pretty full on back in the day, charlie sheen famously got caught out by them drugged and pissed up at a party, thinking he was watching snuff films.
The uncut version of henry portrait of a serial killer was hard for me to watch, really turned my stomache.
Some other's i've seen that are pretty grim, weird or nasty, der todesking, 964 pinocchio, visitor q, videodrome, tetsuo, ebola syndrome, gozu, noroi, possession, plenty of others i could add as well.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I have a lot of the movies mentioned, lol.

Dee Snyder's Strangeland, Audition and American Mary had some cringe moments.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Can't believe nobody's mentioned the japanese guinea pig series, the first 2 were pretty full on back in the day, charlie sheen famously got caught out by them drugged and pissed up at a party, thinking he was watching snuff films.

Look closer.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
The Star Wars Special Editions. ;) I challenge anyone to see if you can find as much controversy on the internet about people dying for real on screen as there is about GL mucking up the OG trilogy.

it's not gory or controversial but very disturbing and scary is a BBC tv movie called threads which is about a city in England by getting hit by nuclear fallout. if that film doesn't convince you that you would never want a nuclear attack on your worse enemy then nothing will.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Not controversial but I highly recommend Terror Firmer by Troma, and Frankenhooker.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
The most controversial film I've ever washed?

The film on my shower door. Totally nasty, nobody want to see it go, but it was time.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
I think I watched part of Salo back in college...that was bad. Antichrist is controversial too, but a bit more mainstream. Pretty decent horror flick.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
it's not gory or controversial but very disturbing and scary is a BBC tv movie called threads which is about a city in England by getting hit by nuclear fallout. if that film doesn't convince you that you would never want a nuclear attack on your worse enemy then nothing will.

I’ve been meaning to see this, thanks for the reminder, it’s had great reviews and has recent traction due to Severin Films re-releasing it.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Last Tango in Paris & Cruising. Watching them somewhere in my teenage years felt controversial.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Look closer.

Apologies, of course i've noticed it in your sig fau47, what's your favourite of the 6 ???, i'm a big fan of hideshi hino so flowers of flesh and blood pretty much ticks all the box's.

Threads is great, very grim indeed, i also got ghostwatch, which ruffled a few feathers over here in the UK when it was shown as a halloween special, people fell for it hook line and sinker.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Apologies, of course i've noticed it in your sig fau47, what's your favourite of the 6 ???, i'm a big fan of hideshi hino so flowers of flesh and blood pretty much ticks all the box's.

Threads is great, very grim indeed, i also got ghostwatch, which ruffled a few feathers over here in the UK when it was shown as a halloween special, people fell for it hook line and sinker.

No need to apologise mah man. Hideshi Hino is great! I would have to say Mermaid In a Manhole is my favourite, it’s just so... splashy and gross, Flowers on the other hand is nihilistic and rough. I showed Mermaid to a friend and he ran outside and vomited halfway through the film. Amazing! :D

Another very controversial series is the Japanese All Night Long films, notably the second film Atrocity. They’re all cold and hateful. You know what to expect when the film’s Tagline is “Human Beings Are Garbage!” Atrocity is quite a good film about a geek kid who rises up against a gang of bullies who rape and murder and goes super saiyan on them.

I remember Ghostwatch and that creepy old man behind the curtain. What a great story! I love that it fooled an entire nation.

Last edited: