What would you put in your Neo Goldie cab if you owned an upscale bar or lounge?

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member

What would you put in your Neo Goldie cab if you owned an upscale bar or lounge?​

A midget..

Then he could just sit in the bottom of the cabinet and switch out all the games for me a needed.

Nothing more upscale than having a little person do semi-needless work for affluent peoples.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I’d do all sports if I’m placing it in a bar, I don’t know why it would be upscale, maybe early 90s upscale.

Turfmasters
League Bowling
Baseball Stars 2
Neo Driftout

Street Slam/Hoop
Windjjammers

Would be my next up

But I agree, I think 95% of the Neo cabs I saw in the wild back then had Bust A Move in them. I think down the shore at the Wildwood, NJ boardwalk it was 100% in the 90s, when strikers 1945 came out some distributor must have sold a lot of them to the ops there, I remember only one year that was all over the place around 2001/2002 I think, the Boardwalk Mall had a Beast Busters 64 back then too. That was the only time I saw another game as prevalent as Bust A Move.

Last edited:

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
For any bar setting, and accessibility, NTM is the obvious choice. BUT, I would put KOF 95 as the second game.

I've always described the look, feel, and music of 95 to be "classy." I don't know what it is about the game, but it's always had a certian je ne sais quoi. 🤷‍♂️

I feel the same about that soundtrack, especially this song:

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
Turfmasters
Busta move
Slug 3
And any ngdev game.

Like if i wanted to make money off it.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I’d do all sports if I’m placing it in a bar, I don’t know why it would be upscale, maybe early 90s upscale.

Turfmasters
League Bowling
Baseball Stars 2
Neo Driftout

Street Slam/Hoop
Windjjammers

Would be my next up

But I agree, I think 95% of the Neo cabs I saw in the wild back then had Bust A Move in them. I think down the shore at the Wildwood, NJ boardwalk it was 100% in the 90s, when strikers 1945 came out some distributor must have sold a lot of them to the ops there, I remember only one year that was all over the place around 2001/2002 I think, the Boardwalk Mall had a Beast Busters 64 back then too. That was the only time I saw another game as prevalent as Bust A Move.
I think that Beast Busters ended up at Berlin Mart.

Remember University Pinball, before the fire? I miss those days!

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Mahjong and Quiz King of Fighters, just to confuse all the drunkards.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I think that Beast Busters ended up at Berlin Mart.

Remember University Pinball, before the fire? I miss those days!
Yeah we hit up U Pinball a bunch of times! We actually had a get together at my place back then, and we did the Chinese Buffet in South Philly, and U Pinball afterwards. A forum member hit a Septa Bus on his way there that day which was crazy.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Not on location but I've got a Goldie in my living room with Metal Slug and Neo Turf Masters and it's been that way for quite some time.

On location I'd swap out Slug for BAM Again, Strikers 1945+ or Aero Fighters 3.

Neo_Mike_81

King's Dry Cleaner
Nada because normal people (most are Captards.) Don't give a shit about the Neo.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Nada because normal people (most are Captards.) Don't give a shit about the Neo.
You're supposed to be picking games for people who don't give a shit about the Neo. Neo Turfmasters and Bust a Move. Those seem to be the consensus.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
League Bowling is another good option, rounds change over super quick. It's easy to pick up and play though I don't think I'd pair it with NTM unless it was in a sports bar.

Neo Turf Masters, Magical Drop III, Mark of the wolves (or Real Bout Fatal Fury ), Metal Slug X, and Last Blade 2

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
NTM and Puzzle Bobble then switch in Metal Slug every so often.