What was your first car?

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
It was an 80 or 82 with a blue vinyl top. It was dangerous as fuck, nothing on it worked except the engine. Only drove it a couple of handful of times and didn't have any money to get if fixed Sold it to a black guy that turned it into a Donk and bought a new 04 Impreza.
That's a 1980 Monte Carlo or slightly earlier. My first REAL car (i.e. not counting the Firebird I listed above which blew up and I got to drive only twice) was a 1986 Monte Carlo Luxury Sport. Underpowered 305 V8, but it lasted me right through college. Lost about 15% of my hearing in that car with a 3k watt sound system lol (I really should have listened to my parents...).

1v3dUqZ.jpg

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
My first car was possibly the shittiest car ever released in the US, at least in the past few decades, a 1988 Yugo. My best friend's parents gave it to me since they had bought it for their daughter in high school but she didn't take it with her to college and they were tired of it taking up space.

So, we towed it to my house, got it running. I got a license, got it registered, and all that fun stuff. That was was such a colossal piece of shit. I didn't have a car payment, but I spent about $200 every month on repairs. I didn't know much about cars but at least I had some friends that did so they'd help me some times. Other times, I had to fork out for a shop to fix things. Eventually it died for good when the transmission grenaded, with a whopping 49,000 miles on the odometer.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
That's a 1980 Monte Carlo or slightly earlier. My first REAL car (i.e. not counting the Firebird I listed above which blew up and I got to drive only twice) was a 1986 Monte Carlo Luxury Sport. Underpowered 305 V8, but it lasted me right through college. Lost about 15% of my hearing in that car with a 3k watt sound system lol.

1v3dUqZ.jpg
I only sold my mint as fuck 85 SS monte 2 years ago when i bought a 84 GMC sierra pickup. Monte's are the coolest cars ever made. My best friend (who i sold the monte to) and I are getting the symbol tatted on us once covid finally clears up.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I wasn’t cool, so my first car was an 1984 Nissan Sentra hatchback. The previous owner lost the door key, so to unlock the car I had to pop the hatch and lean through to unlock the door. This somehow helped to make me even less cool.

63f9c66fec2d528af79e30e1cd5c9353.jpg

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I only sold my mint as fuck 85 SS monte 2 years ago when i bought a 84 GMC sierra pickup. Monte's are the coolest cars ever made. My best friend (who i sold the monte to) and I are getting the symbol tatted on us once covid finally clears up.

I have SUPER fond memories of mine. Can't believe I actually found this quickly in my crap, but this is all that's left of my '86.

NVGoK2B.jpg

I ripped it off the vinyl roof while I was waiting on the side of the road for the tow truck to take it to the junkyard (it overheated constantly despite like 3x radiators and associated parts... so one day I just said fuck it and kept driving on 95 hoping to make it home... literally smoked out both directions of the interstate and it siezed right as I crossed over into Jersey lol).

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Not my photos but close enough:
camper_large.png

1976-toyota-hilux-chinook-13.jpg

1976 Toyota Chinook pop up camper truck. It was free. Drove it from like 16-22. Then I wrecked it.

Rear wheel drive, manual transmission, no power steering, no antilock brakes, massive blind spots on either side, can't see out the back. The bench seat extends into a bed, had electricity and shit. Got surprisingly decent gas mileage (about the same as my current 2005 4 cylinder sedan).

As a consequence of learning to drive on that thing, I can parallel park pretty much anything.

This makes me want to drive a camper as a main vehicle just to be a weirdo around my folks and friends.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member

American idiocy knows no bounds, behold:
e2a776a53d7ba066139b8bacd3b5fda3.jpg
and that's a pretty tame example

If mine had been safe enough to drive it would have been awesome. I don't know why my dad got it for me he had to have known it wasn't safe. I have a feeling it was a car he wanted back in the day. He had an El Camino that he loved when I was little.

It's funny when I was in high school the hottest girl in our class had an 86 Monte Carlo SS that was immaculate. I remember her getting made fun of for driving a white trash car when all the other kids had just gotten civics. Fucking morons.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
My first vehicle:

016.jpg

Lifetime pedestrian so I have NEVER owned a vehicle...at least one that drives down the open road :tickled:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Base model 2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S I got shiny and new in 2008.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
1993 Toyota Corolla sedan. Was so very good to me with it's liddle 1.6 inline 4 but it loved to be driven hard.

images.jpeg