What was your favorite movie as a kid that wasn't a kid's movie?

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Being more of a 90s kid I could not get enough of Jurassic Park, but obviously I loved Star Wars too. Oddly The Fugitive and Monty Python's Search For The Grail were favorites as well.

I wasn't allowed to see very violent movies as a kid (anything rated R, and barely any PG-13)

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Oh man, there's a lot.

Bloodsport
Robocop
Terminator, Predator, Total Recall - basically anything Schwarzenegger
Aliens

My parents let me see just about anything but horror movies, and that's only because they didn't usually watch those.

Last edited:

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Oh man, there's a lot.

Bloodsport
Robocop
Aliens

I remember really liking Robocop as well.

The catch was I never saw the theatrical release until many many years later in life. I had only known the made for TV version.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Yea Ki pretty much nailed my childhood too. Ghostbusters is there also.

I only saw Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II ONCE as a kid. :(

I watched the shit out of the cartoon and had the toys though.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I only saw Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II ONCE as a kid. :(

I watched the shit out of the cartoon and had the toys though.

I'll never forget the day my mom dropped me off at the theater in 1985 and wow, the words I learned from that movie. I watched part II last night and remembered how toned down it was. Not a lot of fun.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Any Bruce Lee films. I was 6 or 7 when he died so his movies made the theaters again. My dad was a big fan so I got to go too!

My stepbrother and I would be kicking shit for hours afterwards.

Last edited:

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
The Crow was my favourite movie when I was about 10 years old.
Also really loved Terminator 2 when it came out (still do).

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
By age 7 I was an avid fan of Robocop,Terminator,Alien/Aliens, Predator, Running Man, Commando etc...

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Oh man, there's a lot.

Bloodsport
Robocop
Nightmare on Elm Street
Aliens

My parents let me see just about anything but horror movies, and that's only because they didn't usually watch those.

Edited for one addition for me.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
I remember The Last Starfighter being the first movie I went nuts over as a kid.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Bloodsport
King Kong (1933 version)
Terminator
Both Conan Films

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
Oh man, there's a lot.

Bloodsport
Robocop
Aliens

:upf:

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Oh man, there's a lot.

Bloodsport
Robocop
Aliens

Another vote for all this.

Add in the likes of Universal Soldier, Road House, BTILChina, ETDragon, 007 movies (in general) etc... and we're there. Oh, and JAWS. I loved watching that shark eat peeps as a kid. Every summer...

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
A Clockwork Orange
A Boy and His Dog (1975)
The Road Warrior
Silent Running

My father pretty much let me watch whatever I wanted. For some reason I always liked movies that displayed a bleak future for mankind. Yeah, it kinda fucked me up.

Another odd movie I remember watching a lot was "Midnight Cowboy", I remember wishing I had a friend like Ratso and I remember crying when he died.

Also, "RoboCop" for me too, glad too see I wasn't the only kid to see the Murphy death scene at too young an age.

Last edited:

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Alien, the parasitic element really worked, and still works, for me.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
A Clockwork Orange
A Boy and His Dog (1975)
The Road Warrior
Silent Running

My father pretty much let me watch whatever I wanted. For some reason I always liked movies that displayed a bleak future for mankind. Yeah, it kinda fucked me up.

Another odd movie I remember watching a lot was "Midnight Cowboy", I remember wishing I had a friend like Ratso and I remember crying when he died.

Also, "RoboCop" for me too, glad too see I wasn't the only kid to see the Murphy death scene at too young an age.

Wow what a rad list those are some my favorite films. I thought I was the only person ever to watch Silent Running. I'm convinced that Fallout was completely inspired by A Boy and his dog and Alley of The Damned.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Pretty much anything with Schwarzenegger or Van Damme in it.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
Conan

Rambos. did anybody else get a survival knife for a toy? my brother and I both got one with some junk like matches and stuff in the handle and a compass on the end.

Predator

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
Congo, Gorillas and lazers were so cool.
Terminator 2, I was so scared of the police and drinking out the pint after that movie.
Akira, I saw this when I was 6, that scene where Tetsuo hallucinates that his guts are falling out traumatize me but the rest of the movie was so cool.
Mortal Kombat, I saw this one at the cinema with my mom and big brother. That theme song was so cool.

When I was 12 my favorite movie was Blood in Blood out, my friend never returned the tape he rented so we watched it every other week. I still love that movie to this day lol.

I never saw Terminator 1 is it worth watching ? T3 was pretty meh.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
so of you guys are listing movies that weren't really available to people unless you had rich parents who could shell out for vcr tapes. 2001? Please. Silent Running?

You just end up sounding like like moron trying to sound really smart.

When I was a kid, I loved this one movie called the Sword and the Sorcerer. My dad taped it off HBO, but didn't get the entire thing. So I basically only got to see up to the crucifixion, and that was the end of it for me. A few years ago I saw the entire thing. It's a fun time.

I loved Conan the Barbarian and the Destroyer. I don't know which I preferred, but I guess the one with James Earl Jones was the clear superior flick. Both were a lot of fun. Flash Gordon was another movie that I got to see a lot. It showed on UPN a lot, along with Clash of the Titans.