What type of stick do you prefer for fighters?

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
pel.jpg

Hidden Character

Leader of The Hyperstone Heist,
20 Year Member
KagerouSama said:
Working!

ZING!

Seriously though. As long as it works, I'm happy.
I'm not the connoisseur of arcade tech that most are around here. :emb:

I concur with this post. As long as it's working properly to give me a fair chanceat playing and winning, I'm down w/whatever.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
happ competition with white actuators, however having tried sanwas, they are also pretty sweet as well. though i do prefer bat tops>balltops (years of playing)....

JuliusCaesar

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I have a Hori Real Arcade Pro 2, I like it, it's just, well gigantic. Shipping was a bitch as well. I also have a Hori Fighting Stick 3 for my ps3 because it was cheap, and is avaible here in the US. I also have the sticks that came with my AES, being the classic AES stick and the smaller, newer stick.

So the Real Arcadde Pro series have Sanwa in them?

EVIL NICK

ALL CAPS,
20 Year Member
JuliusCaesar said:
I have a Hori Real Arcade Pro 2, I like it, it's just, well gigantic. Shipping was a bitch as well. I also have a Hori Fighting Stick 3 for my ps3 because it was cheap, and is avaible here in the US. I also have the sticks that came with my AES, being the classic AES stick and the smaller, newer stick.

From what I've read, some do, and some don't... :(

The latest ones do for sure.

taitai

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
JuliusCaesar said:

The type of stick is marked on the box. most RAPs have sanwa JLF sticks. However, there were special editions(or additions, wtf mate?) where they used seimitsu LS-32 sticks and seimitsu buttons. They're extremely limited though.

EVIL NICK

ALL CAPS,
20 Year Member
taitai said:
The type of stick is marked on the box. most RAPs have sanwa JLF sticks. However, there were special editions(or additions, wtf mate?) where they used seimitsu LS-32 sticks and seimitsu buttons. They're extremely limited though.

Weren't some special editions "cheaper" in quality and used non brand stuff? :confused:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
All my MVS cabs have supers on them because the 360's come out a lot more fluid than comp sticks. Supers are by far my foavorite stick of all time.

In my taste here's the order of things...

Happs Super
Sanwa JLF Octagonal Gate
Sanwa JLW Oval Gate (Which is circular btw, but they call it oval.)
Happs Comp
Seimitsu LS32

There it is, I hope this helps. I find that Sanwas extra gates really hep things out quite a bit, I'm not fond of 360's as I need that click to tell me things are going the way I want them to go. The silence issue is retarded as the buttons make enough racket on their own no matter what brand you use.

Note: Building wise I love the flexibility of the Sanwa JLW and the Happs Comp stick, they both require very little cleareance in both worlds USstick and Jap sticks. Although the Sanwa JLF requires less cleareance than the previouly mentioned sticks still the Sanwa JLW shares the same hole pattern as Happs, so is nice to have one drill set pattern on a CP and being able to change sticks if need be.

HellioN said:
THat's a lot of plugs! But hey man! Good for you bud! Those boxes are quite comfortable.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I was more used to using a Seimitsu in my New Astro but now that I use my HRAP3 I guess you could say I like the Sanwa sticks. I'd like an octogonal plate but then again I've never used one.

RushedDown

n00b
electricgrave said:
Did you built this? I like the front panel which is ticker than the rest, very nice touch.

nah my friend made it
its made from a solid block of wood
1/4 inch steel plate in the bottom for weight
the buttons are screw ins not pop ins
even the buttons are screwed into a steel plate

when i find the pics ill post some of the inside wiring

that silver u see in the front is a handle so u can carry it like a lunch box

edit.... http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a141/Paik4Life/RushedDown/

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
RushedDown said:
nah my friend made it
its made from a solid block of wood
1/4 inch steel plate in the bottom for weight
the buttons are screw ins not pop ins
even the buttons are screwed into a steel plate

when i find the pics ill post some of the inside wiring

that silver u see in the front is a handle so u can carry it like a lunch box

edit.... http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a141/Paik4Life/RushedDown/
Yeah I've done the handle thing before, very convenient.

RushedDown

n00b
electricgrave said:
Yeah I've done the handle thing before, very convenient.

yeah handle is good because it makes it easy to carry so u dont put it down anywhere

people are grimy these days and like to walk off with sticks at tournaments