What to do about hardMVS...

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
I'll get that added shortly.

The 1st and 3rd pics look ok. If at somepoint you fancy taking the case off.. a pic of the mobo would be good.

Don't suppose you have a manual to scan do you...?

Anything else send it to me at rcantor@hardmvs.com

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
I also have an MVS conversion manual that came with my cab that I wanna scan. It would be a funny thing to have on the site. "How to convert your crappy Time Killers cab to an MVS". Has neat tidbits like how to install the credit counters in the bezel.

Last edited:

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I'll get that added shortly.

The 1st and 3rd pics look ok. If at somepoint you fancy taking the case off.. a pic of the mobo would be good.

Don't suppose you have a manual to scan do you...?

Anything else send it to me at rcantor@hardmvs.com

I think I'm just gonna take some extra time & effort and take proper quality pictures and email them all to you. So what kind of shots do you want? With the case on? With it off? Underside? Close up of BIOS chip? Do you want me to zip all the pics? What resolution size do you prefer? Etc etc...

Sorry, I don't have a manual for this mobo revision, it's just the bare board.

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
To be honest I have not put much thought as to what pics, But a conversation I had with Xian Xi a couple of months back about having Mobo PCB pics, so definitely the top and bottom of the main board.

As for the complete unit, top down and perhaps looking down from the corners. Anywhere else that looks of any note.

For resolution, whatever you can. I can crop them as needed for the site. Zip would probably be good.

I also have an MVS conversion manual that came with my cab that I wanna scan. It would be a funny thing to have on the site. "How to convert your crappy Time Killers cab to an MVS". Has neat tidbits like how to install the credit counters in the bezel.

Sounds cool. drop me an email when you get time to scan it.

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
Sent you an email with the pics you wanted. They're a little small, but seem to fit the theme of the site. I tried to do the photographing in good lighting so you can see everything clearly. Let me know if you got the email alright.

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Cheers Aaron.

I have a few updates to do so hopefully will get a chance to do them all tomorrow.

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Cheers Bill and Aaron - site updated.

Bill, any joy with the conversion manual...

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Cheers guys.

Well done for noticing the slight error... I was just testing you.
Congratulations you passed.:buttrock:

Anyway all fixed.
And in case you did not notice... credits have been mentioned in the News section for you both.

Good luck with the Scanner Bill...

Last edited:

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
And in case you did not notice... credits have been mentioned in the News section for you both.

Saucy! 'Scuse me while I go bask in the warm red glow of the news page. ;)

Edit: I think that full MV1 manual is worth mentioning. Some folks might not notice unless you told them. :p

Last edited:

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
Cheers guys.

Well done for noticing the slight error... I was just testing you.
Congratulations you passed.:buttrock:

Anyway all fixed.

Good luck with the Scanner Bill...

Very cool! And yeah I did notice the news section. Many thanks. :) Too bad those other new Mobo variants don't have pictures... :(

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Yeah pictures and manuals would be nice for the other mobos. I am always on the lookout though.

Just found another mobo that is not listed too... the MV-1FT - will get it added later.
Same as the 1T but has MV-IC memory card support.

ack

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
Do you have any interest in pics of bootleg main boards? I have a MV-1C and MV-1FZ bootlegs.

-ack

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Yeah I suppose, that would be good. We can start a new section for them.

Do you know if they are identical with the hardware configuration... BIOS Socket/Soldered... Volume Control...?

As soon as I get time I will be sorting out the menu and the label project to actually have the menu... just need some time.

If poss I would like to try and get a few pics of the unit and then a pic of both the parts and solder side of the pcb.
When you get a chance, email them over to me at rcantor@hardmvs.com

ack

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
Yeah I suppose, that would be good. We can start a new section for them.

Do you know if they are identical with the hardware configuration... BIOS Socket/Soldered... Volume Control...?

MV-1FZ bootleg is soldered bios, and appears to have a volume control.
MV-1C bootleg may have a socket bios. It has 2 socketed eproms and 2 soldered eproms, but not sure which is the bios. It also appears to have a volume control

As soon as I get time I will be sorting out the menu and the label project to actually have the menu... just need some time.

If poss I would like to try and get a few pics of the unit and then a pic of both the parts and solder side of the pcb.
When you get a chance, email them over to me at rcantor@hardmvs.com

I will try to get you pics sometime this coming weekend. I have a few other boards I can get better pics for you too.

-ack

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Cool. look forward to seeing the pics.

I take it the boards don't have SNK or the board revision stamped on them then?