What the hell is this?

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Ha ha..Good old Julius the boot/non working boot seller.

Shit at $9.00 he can't give that thing away huh..

That cart will probably explode in a cab..:mad:
IT IS NOT A ORIGINAL SNK CARTRIDGE ..

fuzionmuse

Twinkle Star Sprite
I knew there was no such thing as KOF 2004, and that looked like a serious hack job, so it raised some red flags... I guess Julius (or whatever) is pretty well known?

He sold me my first boot (KOF 2002). I owned it for a year or so until I got wiser about boots and found out it was not real. I felt pretty cheated. Of course he wouldn't take it back.

dannywhac

Cheng's Errand Boy
One thing that always bothers me about these are the presence of Voltage Regulators on the boards.....one of these goes a tad wrong and it'll pop fuses/burn traces on yer MVS board :(

dannywhac said:
One thing that always bothers me about these are the presence of Voltage Regulators on the boards.....one of these goes a tad wrong and it'll pop fuses/burn traces on yer MVS board :(
Yeah, the argument that you may do damage to your MVS system with a poorly made bootleg is something to think about.

fuzionmuse said:
Here's another find... KOF 2005? hmm... Another one that technically doesn't exist, at least officially...

http://cgi.ebay.com/KING-OF-FIGHTER...oryZ3945QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
This one is common. It strikes me that it must be one of the better hacks (still terrible).

I actually had a bootleg blow up on me once. It was a KOF 10th Anniversary. During gameplay the game's sound constantly made a loud buzzing noise. After about an hour of play, I heard a loud pop. I then looked in the back of my cab and noticed that the clear cartridge casing was full of grey smoke. The same still worked, but had garbled sound. I was lucky that it didn't damage my setup.

dannywhac

Cheng's Errand Boy
DegenerateSkate said:
I actually had a bootleg blow up on me once. It was a KOF 10th Anniversary. During gameplay the game's sound constantly made a loud buzzing noise. After about an hour of play, I heard a loud pop. I then looked in the back of my cab and noticed that the clear cartridge casing was full of grey smoke. The same still worked, but had garbled sound. I was lucky that it didn't damage my setup.

That'll prolly be one of the capacitors blowing on the board - nasty.....