What records are you listening to tonight?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I'll make sure I don't post any stock photos when I'm too lazy to take a picture, upload it to my cloud, download it to PC and then post it here.

Can I get away with just linking to a discogs entry (may be a slightly different pressing)?

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
New Every Time I Die double LP tonight at midnight. I don’t know if I’m gonna make it.

Mr.Bojangles

War Room Troll
I fucking knew he was going to do something like that. You know he thought he was getting one over on us, probably had a bigass shit eating grin on his face while he did.
At this point everything gets under your skin, so yes its always quite hilarious. Who cares though if i use a stock photo. I know every song on Tango In The Night front to back. That was actually the first tour i attended too the 1987-88 Shake The Cage Tour.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
At this point everything gets under your skin, so yes its always quite hilarious. Who cares though if i use a stock photo. I know every song on Tango In The Night front to back. That was actually the first tour i attended too the 1987-88 Shake The Cage Tour.
Post actual photos of your fucking records or shut the fuck up. The point of the thread is to show ppl what you're physically listening to, you know, for actual record collectors. I dont even have records so I rarely post in here besides to comment on something someone owns

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
@skate323k127 Is it good or is it gimmicky? I really like some of Kode9's stuff.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
@skate323k127 Is it good or is it gimmicky? I really like some of Kode9's stuff.
Haven't listened to it yet, I grabbed it because my favorite local shop had it in their discogs when I was ordering a few other things. I'll let you know what I think; I'm also a pretty big fan of some of Kode9's releases.

skate323k137

10 Year Member
@terry.330 gave it a spin, not bad, not stellar. The 1st and last tracks were probably my favorite, and the 2nd and 4th had almost juke/footwork vibes toward the end which I personally really like. 3.75/5

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
For the regular posters in this thread I have a question: is your main record store older than the vinyl boom (is it 20th century) or is it new?

Around here have the legit places that are older than me or my stereo, then there are these new “RSD depot” kind of places that never have any good used stuff, just bins of overpriced corporate crap.

I occasionally frequent all the shops, you never know what you’ll find, but I don’t trust any record store that doesn’t have an old smell to it.

skate323k137

10 Year Member
For the regular posters in this thread I have a question: is your main record store older than the vinyl boom (is it 20th century) or is it new?

Around here have the legit places that are older than me or my stereo, then there are these new “RSD depot” kind of places that never have any good used stuff, just bins of overpriced corporate crap.

I occasionally frequent all the shops, you never know what you’ll find, but I don’t trust any record store that doesn’t have an old smell to it.
My go to shop in my home town was founded in 1977 (Flat Black and Circular)

My favorite shop now closer to where I live is about 20 years old. There's another smaller shop even closer but I have no idea how long it's been there, I don't think long.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
The good ones have all been around for a long time. There are a couple newer hipstery places but they're usually not worth going to, they mostly cater to young casuals and RSD sheep. The older stores have had to do the same to a degree but for the most part they're the same as they've been for 30+ years.

You can usually tell immediately by the age of the people behind the counter.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
G rated covers of GG songs, the jokes are only funny if you know the originals. It was a WFMU giveaway some time ago.

To be honest…it’s a pretty solid release. It’s probably all on YouTube now.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection

I'm fortunate to have 2 shops within driving distance. Both of them were founded in the 70s, and are run by older fellas in their 60s. Although there are several younger employees in their 20s and 30s as well. But yeah, I moved here about 8 years ago now, and was really happy to find a couple of legit record shops in the area. There used to be a number of decent gaming shops as well, but most of them have since gone under.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I haven't been in a record store since before the pandemic began.

Even then, I went maybe a few times. He comes to my house about as often as I go to the shop.

Good guy though. I think they opened in 2010. Though he had been dealing online and stuff for much longer. Known for good prices and having good stuff. I know he hates charging $15 for meme shit like Rumors or Toto IV and tries to keep that shit as low as possible. I think that they have gotten more into selling new stuff because that's what the college kids want. But the margins on new records is shit and it canibalizes sales of higher margin shit. Probably makes most of his money on RSD on people wandering in late in the day not finding what they wanted and buying something used.

Mr.Bojangles

War Room Troll
Post actual photos of your fucking records or shut the fuck up. The point of the thread is to show ppl what you're physically listening to, you know, for actual record collectors. I dont even have records so I rarely post in here besides to comment on something someone owns
Okay, my bad. I'll refrain from posting in this thread.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The shop I used to go to in College (late 90's) is still in business. I laugh when I see the stickers and what I paid for stuff back then.

$25 for the Black Album.
$6 for Scarface's Diary
$8 for Dio and Ozzy stuff.

arbormatt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
Call me shocked. Never heard this band besides 7 nation army. Picked this up today on a whim. Fucking awesome. If anyone is a fan please recommend more.5FDE364E-135F-4E4C-B8AE-792BFC5BFBE4.jpeg