What on earth is going on with eBay...

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
I hate flippers, but this is just wrong...

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152042221938

So much hard work been put into giving us this game, just for someone to flip on ebay at a ridiculous profit. I hope this isn't shill bidding going on but either way someone has just paid $2000 for a game that was 1/5 of that last year.

I'm sorry Razoola mate, that you couldn't see half of this cash... you deserve it for all your hard work.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
That seller name sounds really familiar.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I'm sorry Razoola mate, that you couldn't see half of this cash... you deserve it for all your hard work.

It happened before and will happen again. With the ROM released, there're worse things to expect anyway. Yet, it doesn't have to be seen only as a pejorative. For this also proves the brisk interest in Raz' creative talent and is the best publicity & promotion of his work he could ever wish for. Nothing short but a great success.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
lol this homebrew release going for more than some genuine homecarts.

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
At least he put it up for auction instead of BIN. 55 bids means it's not just the flipper causing the madness.

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
At least he put it up for auction instead of BIN. 55 bids means it's not just the flipper causing the madness.

Agreed. Can you really call him a "flipper" when he starts the auction at .99? It's the idiots bidding that much on this stuff that should be shamed, not the seller.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Agreed. Can you really call him a "flipper" when he starts the auction at .99? It's the idiots bidding that much on this stuff that should be shamed, not the seller.

Not at all. The seller's are just as much of the problem.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
That's a lot...wow.

Fools and their money.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
It happened before and will happen again. With the ROM released, there're worse things to expect anyway. Yet, it doesn't have to be seen only as a pejorative. For this also proves the brisk interest in Raz' creative talent and is the best publicity & promotion of his work he could ever wish for. Nothing short but a great success.

The problem is the Neo scene is starved of titles. There's only a small handful of usable homebrews, protos and hacks to meet the demands of the aftermarket scene. On other consoles (NES, SNES, Genesis), there's tons of non-retail games to go around. It's why shit like Diggerman and TOTC keep getting put on cartridges. It's why the original Last Hope has bootlegs. It's why Crossed Swords II is getting bootlegged...

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
Hilarious that a boot would sell for 10-20x the price of the legit CD version. That just shows you how many retards and frauds are in this hobby, yet people want to blame the "flipper".

I mean seriously, $2000 for something that was made what, less than a year ago?

Last edited:

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
So why didn't Raz or Jeff or some escrow third party person from here place a few listings on eBay themselves? You know, like make an extra 4 or 5 carts after the run was done? Then the initial morons who are oblivious to this site would have indirectly paid them instead. Maybe Raz can do this with Zintrick.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
So why didn't Raz or Jeff or some escrow third party person from here place a few listings on eBay themselves? You know, like make an extra 4 or 5 carts after the run was done? Then the initial morons who are oblivious to this site would have indirectly paid them instead. Maybe Raz can do this with Zintrick.

Because it isn't about the money, it's about getting the game into the hands of gamers. They wanted to bring the arcade, home.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
As long as this sickness of paying out the ass bleeds into PS1 when I decide to start selling, I'm going to quietly observe and bide my time.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
As long as this sickness of paying out the ass bleeds into PS1 when I decide to start selling, I'm going to quietly observe and bide my time.

It won't get absurb, but you will make $$$ when the time comes. At the current rate, I'd say within 3~4 years.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
It's commonly known that this would happen... however, I didn't expect it to become awesome silly with the prices now seen here...

EVENTUALLY... this title will be on the same pricing range as Ghostlop or other such homebrew/conversions/whatever... hence, you're right...

A Fool and his money...

xROTx

PS. This is why Raz and I didn't beat on bustedstr8... reasonabley priced and asked permission first... hence it was sold mainly to the gamer members here who didn't manage to get the original run of CS 2...

EDIT: I can't say the same for others outside of the forums tho...

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Item has never been used. Was purchased and selling only because I'm moving.

This is the saddest part to me. Why not even thow it into your home console for a few minutes and at least give it a try? I'm trying not to judge too harshly, I've bought a few games over the years that I've never played, for whatever reason, but I swear that a game with the back story on it's release that this one had, I would have given it a try first.