What Neo Geo Game/s are you playing? Weekly/daily check.

Knud

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
The game i have been playing lately is KOF 99
Might be old news for many of you, but it is new to me

It is a fun game with cool animations, i am a fan of when the background comes to live, with shadow, lights, rain, kids throwing balls etc. Most scenes have alot of dark tones and i really like that atmosphere.
Took some time to get used to the striker part and utilizing it correctly.

Been playing it both in single players and with my kids. Still learning new tricks by hammering the joystick.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Played 8man few hours this afternoon & back on Kraut Buster again now. The bosses in the game are fairly easy except for the one where you go down the lift. Can't remember what stage but the boss has a satellite on each side and shoot the energy orbs that explode in all directions. This guy give me the hardest time of any part in game.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
Recently picked up a big tournament golf kit for my MVS cab. Never owned this game before, just played on my NEOSD. Now that I own it ive been putting a lot more time in it and what a great game it is.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Last Blade 2. Got destroyed by someone online and it got me interested in how he did it. I even dusted off the mvs cart and my candy cab to see if it felt different. Honestly I like being obliterated legitimately cause it gives you something to work at.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
QLg7TZf.jpg

n8thlJm.jpg

SSVS Final Edition 1cc with Mina.

pepelegit

Pleasure Goal
Double Dragon, Zed Blade, Zupapa
+1 on the Zupapa :buttrock:

I've 1cc'ed it, but it remains as addicting as ever. My son having an appreciation for it and it's wacky bosses has kept it in the rotation lol

My boys love Zupapa so it keeps finding its way back into slot 4, haha.

While 98 has always been my favourite, I've been putting a lot of time into kof 2000 the last couple weeks. I keep getting thrown off by the changes to blue mary's moves, though, grin. Lots of last blade right now, too.

Knud

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I have been playing Metal Slug 1 alot lately.
Its getting there, would like to have unibios installed

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member

Knud

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
What type of setup do you have again, Knud? AES, right?

Yes i have an AES, MVS converter, couple of MVS games. Just got my aliexpress cart this week, been trying some out. But my focus has been on MS

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Yes i have an AES, MVS converter, couple of MVS games. Just got my aliexpress cart this week, been trying some out. But my focus has been on MS

If you have prior soldering experience, you could always try the piggyback Unibios install if you’re not fully comfortable with desoldering the stock BIOS. It’s definitely worth having IMO.

Today was a mix of Spinmaster, Sengoku 2, and Pulstar. Spinmaster offers some good fun and isn’t too challenging. It’s a nice breather of a game in the Neo library.

Knud

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
If you have prior soldering experience, you could always try the piggyback Unibios install if you’re not fully comfortable with desoldering the stock BIOS. It’s definitely worth having IMO.

I think if going to beat some games it will save some controllers damaging getting thrown to the wall by having the unibios installed. Just make some of it more enjoyable.

The piggybank install you mention is that a bypassing the old one?

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I think if going to beat some games it will save some controllers damaging getting thrown to the wall by having the unibios installed. Just make some of it more enjoyable.

Throwing controllers? Grow up

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
It’s been all Breakers Revenge for me this week.

My boys love Zupapa so it keeps finding its way back into slot 4, haha.

While 98 has always been my favourite, I've been putting a lot of time into kof 2000 the last couple weeks. I keep getting thrown off by the changes to blue mary's moves, though, grin. Lots of last blade right now, too.

2000 doesn’t get a lot of love (most of the striker system kof’s don’t for that matter), but it is one that gets a lot of play from me as well :buttrock:

Today was a mix of Spinmaster, Sengoku 2, and Pulstar. Spinmaster offers some good fun and isn’t too challenging. It’s a nice breather of a game in the Neo library.

Awesome picks :buttrock:

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Played some Thrash Rally recently, which I’d never really touched before. Had a lot of fun with the Dakar mode. Seems like a solid early Neo title and I kinda like how it plays better than Overtop.

Hine62

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Currently, the kids and I are loving Metal slug 4, Captain Tomaday, and Nightmare in the Dark. My cab always has a Samurai Shodown in it.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
I've been playing a lot of Eight Man recently for research for a new review. This game is MUCH better than I've ever given it credit for. No, it's not masterpiece, but it is a fun brawler/platformer thing that has a few surprises here and there.

KOF98 and FFS are always on rotation.

Also, I recently got my best run through yet in Metal Slug X over the weekend. I completed the game on default settings in 6 credits, and was on my second to last life when I fired the last shot. Hoping to have this under four credits by the end of November. I'm going for the 1cc, but I don't know if I'll ever be THAT good. haha. The final stage is just nutso.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
I've been playing a lot of Eight Man recently for research for a new review. This game is MUCH better than I've ever given it credit for. No, it's not masterpiece, but it is a fun brawler/platformer thing that has a few surprises here and there.

8 Man is surprisingly good. I had my fair share of fun playing through it. The difficulty is nice and allows the player to get pretty far on four credits, even playing it for the first time. There’s better games on the Neo, but 8 Man gets overlooked a bit too much IMO.

I’ve started to get into Samurai Spirits RPG some more, starting a quick translation of the items in the game, their cost, and what they do. It’s really to help me get through it due to the wicked amount of kanji. Thank goodness for multiple Japanese translation sites and Japanese dictionaries to check through translations.

I’ve fallen in love with Crossed Swords II and it’s amazing CD soundtrack. It blows the first out of the water for me personally. Such a gorgeous soundtrack, very fitting to the game. The MVS/AES conversion isn’t complete without it in my opinion. It’s that good. The new dash mechanic is very welcome and makes attacking while evading a cinch. It’s a game I know Ill end up getting a physical copy of.

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
I’ve fallen in love with Crossed Swords II and it’s amazing CD soundtrack. It blows the first out of the water for me personally. Such a gorgeous soundtrack, very fitting to the game. The MVS/AES conversion isn’t complete without it in my opinion. It’s that good. The new dash mechanic is very welcome and makes attacking while evading a cinch. It’s a game I know Ill end up getting a physical copy of.

For real, this game looks and sounds incredible. It's probably one of my favourite looking games and is a huge improvement on the first. I still need to 1cc it though

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
online MOTW, Sam Sho 2, Last Blade 2. Also offline KOF '96. Funny story with '96. I was playing 3rd Strike in a lobby with a Japanese guy and had my mic on because he's hilarious. I was playing '96 on the other cabinet while waiting for my turn, and he got all excited on hearing '96. Apparently I started an online version of name that tune in the lobby.