What Neo Geo Game/s are you playing? Weekly/daily check.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Played through some KOF 98 and 2003 for fun, and did a quick run through of MSX.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
fdc08d4959afc1a9638dda183636e593.jpg

I ran over some Elephants/Rhino/Wildebeest by accident in Thrash Rally also. Thanks for the accurate portrayals of rallying in ‘92 I guess?

It’s been a great start to Alpha Appreciation Weekend.

Nice! :buttrock: I love the idea of an ADK appreciation weekend.

Aside from my usual fatal fury shenanigans, we’ve been playing Ganryu, Zupapa, and Eight Man. Here’s a ganryu 1cc and some Zupapa and Eight Man scores I was messing around with:

40A59743-BC45-439E-A221-1D4A7DA52602.jpeg
Ganryu 1cc
CE0815C4-5894-4759-AE90-655B95D0014E.jpeg
Zupapa run
0A7B091E-36B2-4C1D-AF2C-3BD74414CC3B.jpeg
8 Man run
EE1A8B09-7ADC-45A2-BED7-EE992674E0B4.jpeg

Last edited:

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Nice! :buttrock: I love the idea of an ADK appreciation weekend.

Aside from my usual fatal fury shenanigans, we’ve been playing Ganryu, Zupapa, and Eight Man. Here’s a ganryu 1cc and some Zupapa and Eight Man scores I was messing around with:

Good to see some love for 8 Man and Zupapa. Those are two that go a bit underrated IMO. Recently I've been getting into 8 Man, and progressing through Janshin Densetsu: Quest of Jongmaster. I've also been playing a good amount of Magical Drop 3.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Good to see some love for 8 Man and Zupapa. Those are two that go a bit underrated IMO. Recently I've been getting into 8 Man, and progressing through Janshin Densetsu: Quest of Jongmaster. I've also been playing a good amount of Magical Drop 3.

Hell yeah man! Zupapa seems to have a pretty big audience in south america, but I see it mentioned very little for how great it plays. Good stuff :buttrock: Which version of Janshin Densetsu are you playing through? I assume neo, but I’ve always wondered what the PC engine differences were.

Man, my kids *love* Zupapa! Which, as a side effect...I’ve spent more time w/ it. Good stuff.

Yeah I used to play it a lot back in the day, but my son has gotten me to keep it in the cabinet more often for sure lol

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Hell yeah man! Zupapa seems to have a pretty big audience in south america, but I see it mentioned very little for how great it plays. Good stuff :buttrock: Which version of Janshin Densetsu are you playing through? I assume neo, but I’ve always wondered what the PC engine differences were.

Yeah man, Zupapa doesn't get enough love. It's a very well put together title, and has that "classic" SNK feel to it. I've been playing the Neo cart version of Janshin Densetsu lately. It did also come out on the Neo CD, but I'm assuming that it's the same as the ROM version. I need to check out how the PCE CD version of it looks and plays.

A little tid bit: I think Janshin Densetsu has the best "Neo Geo" opening of any Neo game. Super smooth.

pepelegit

Pleasure Goal
I introduced my kids to Zupapa this week, so it's been getting *all* the love lately, haha.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Yeah man, Zupapa doesn't get enough love. It's a very well put together title, and has that "classic" SNK feel to it. I've been playing the Neo cart version of Janshin Densetsu lately. It did also come out on the Neo CD, but I'm assuming that it's the same as the ROM version. I need to check out how the PCE CD version of it looks and plays.

A little tid bit: I think Janshin Densetsu has the best "Neo Geo" opening of any Neo game. Super smooth.

Maybe I should stop torturing myself with Kyouretsuden and make the jump to Jongmaster. Mahjong Kyoretsuden has the "classic SNK feel" to it in the worst way possible :lolz:, still I want to beat it at least once.

Been playing some Mutation Nation here and there and I think it's miles better than Burning Fight. Also played some Sengoku which is kinda goofy, never played the second game but it seems much improved from what I could tell from videos. I just wish there was an actual Final Fight caliber game on the Neo... oh well.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Been playing some Mutation Nation here and there and I think it's miles better than Burning Fight.

Mutation Nation is pretty good. There's definitely more than meets the eye, and I think it takes a little while to realize it's a much better game than it initially appears to be. But it requires some memorization as far routing a plan for "special usage".

I'm sure there are tons of (legit) replays of clears on youtube. Of course half of the fun is figuring out stuff on your own too.
If you don't care about that, I wrote kind of a mini-guide a few years ago. http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...tion-Nation!&p=3682030&viewfull=1#post3682030

It's not gospel and I wont be offended if you don't care to see it haha. There's probably much better info out there.

Last edited:

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Maybe I should stop torturing myself with Kyouretsuden and make the jump to Jongmaster. Mahjong Kyoretsuden has the "classic SNK feel" to it in the worst way possible :lolz:, still I want to beat it at least once.

Yeah, Kyoretsuden can be brutal to get through. I actually think you should try Minnasan no Okagesamadesu. It’s not as difficult as the other mahjong games, even Jongmaster. It’s also got a weird Japanese comedy thing going for it which I think is funny. Jongmaster has the whole RPG style and cheesecake strip elements to it, though, but later in the game it can get pretty tough.

Burning Fight!!

10 Year Member
Mutation Nation is pretty good. There's definitely more than meets the eye, and I think it takes a little while to realize it's a much better game than it initially appears to be. But it requires some memorization as far routing a plan for "special usage".

I'm sure there are tons of (legit) replays of clears on youtube. Of course half of the fun is figuring out stuff on your own too.
If you don't care about that, I wrote kind of a mini-guide a few years ago. http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...tion-Nation!&p=3682030&viewfull=1#post3682030

It's not gospel and I wont be offended if you don't care to see it haha. There's probably much better info out there.

Yep, seems legit :lolz:
I haven't put in much time on this game yet and the clone boss with crap floating around him is usually the part where I start shamelessly coin feeding the game. Glad to see some strategies to manage them. Powerup advice seems solid, too.

Yeah, Kyoretsuden can be brutal to get through. I actually think you should try Minnasan no Okagesamadesu. It’s not as difficult as the other mahjong games, even Jongmaster. It’s also got a weird Japanese comedy thing going for it which I think is funny. Jongmaster has the whole RPG style and cheesecake strip elements to it, though, but later in the game it can get pretty tough.

"it's not as difficult as other mahjong games"
That's a definite plus in my book :D, I'll definitely check it out once I clear some backlog.

Last edited:

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Been playing some Dunk Dream today. Awesome basketball game. Fast paced, great soundtrack, detailed visuals. It’s one of my favorites that flies under the radar for some.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Been putting some time into KOF 95. I want to get at least decent with another character than just Terry, so I'm looking at some others like Mai, Iori, or Kim.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
Been putting some time into KOF 95. I want to get at least decent with another character than just Terry, so I'm looking at some others like Mai, Iori, or Kim.

My favorite character to play as in all the KOF series is Ryo Sakazaki from AOF closely followed by Mai! Ryo’s moveset is just so damn fun.

Yun

New Challenger
Been playing the first Samurai Shodown from the free SS Neo Geo Collection.

Strangely, the game audio lags behind the game sometimes, and the game has to be reset to fix it. Weird

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Magical Drop 3 as usual. One of the best puzzle games ever made IMO.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I've been playing a bit of KOF'94, unsure why maybe it's the music or something.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I've been playing a bit of KOF'94, unsure why maybe it's the music or something.

Maybe there's something fascinating in the first parts, especially if a series is that long. I can't explain why I'm playing the first Fatal Fury so much lately. The Duck King stage with the graffiti smeared train passing by, all those downtown shacks in the back and the summer atmosphere makes me coming back − can't explain it either.

Burning Fight!!

10 Year Member
Wow, I just played Magician Lord level 8 out of curiosity and you're not really meant to be able to beat a game in level 8 are you? I could get to level 2 on one credit, and credit feeding was doable until I reached the wizard sub-boss.

He flies all over the screen with impossible speeds and spawns a shit ton of those weird minions of his! When you jump 10-15 jump alongside you and they look like the effect you see when winning Solitaire on Windows 98. It's literally impossible since you have 1 bar for normal Elta + 1 bar for transformation. The engine struggles a lot and everything is laggy! I seriously need to capture it and upload it to youtube.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Wow, I just played Magician Lord level 8 out of curiosity and you're not really meant to be able to beat a game in level 8 are you? I could get to level 2 on one credit, and credit feeding was doable until I reached the wizard sub-boss.

He flies all over the screen with impossible speeds and spawns a shit ton of those weird minions of his! When you jump 10-15 jump alongside you and they look like the effect you see when winning Solitaire on Windows 98. It's literally impossible since you have 1 bar for normal Elta + 1 bar for transformation. The engine struggles a lot and everything is laggy! I seriously need to capture it and upload it to youtube.
This made me curious. I’ve never tried Magician Lord on level 8 before... Man! What a sadistic credit feeding mess. You need some flawless execution and perfect memory of the game on that level. That is definitely not me.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member

lol This was the kind of designed behavior in this game that made me realize that the later levels were designed only with a powered-up Elta in mind. If you take hits and reach later stages (such as the frog stage) as base-Elta you’re pretty much screwed. :lolz:

pepelegit

Pleasure Goal
A bit of kof 2000 this week, but mostly neo turf masters. Got a couple eagles which is pretty decent for me, haha.
And I popped king of the monsters 2 in yesterday for my kids; they were having a great time with it and 2k.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Been playing a lot of Slug X and Breaker's Revenge this week.

Personal victory: I've had a pretty shit day and after I got finished with work I fired up some MSX to wind down - made it to the middle of stage 6 on the AES default 5 credits on normal difficulty. Made it to the end of stage 4 on my first credit. Best run through yet!