What is your favorite song out of the whole Fatal Fury series?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Could be OST or AST. YouTube links to the song encouraged.

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
My favorite one is Ryo's theme in Fatal Fury Special, specifically the arranged version Hudson made for the PC Engine port. That's probably one of my favorite tunes of any video game on any platform.

Raiden's theme in the first Fatal Fury is a close second. Fatal Fury was the game that hooked me on the Neo, the soundtrack for it immediately brings me back to that era. It and Michael Max's tune might not be the best songs ever written, but they definitely set a mood and attitude that were uniquely "Neo-Geo" to my teenage brain.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Mine are (sorry, too much good stuff to name just one):

Fatal Fury Special - Terry Bogard Theme​

Just screams FF/SNK, eh.

Fatal Fury Special - Andy Bogard's Theme​

Basically a waltz, 3/4 notation. Love the harmonium patch and arrangement with elements from French and Italian folk.

Real Bout Fatal Fury (Special) - Wolfgang Krauser's Theme ('Lacrimosa' from Mozart's Requiem in D minor)​

Mozart in a SNK fighter, and then it's one of my favs of his? To say that I was blown away when I first heard it is the understatement of the last century. Only on Neo, man, only on Neo. The Latin word lacrimosa means tearful. I'LL CHISEL YOUR GRAVESTONE, SLEEP WELL!

Real Bout Special CD Bonus - Blue Mary's Blues​

Another jaw-dropper and a nice song to boot. Gotta luv me NGCD. The video linked above is a bit laggy but it has translated lyrics, that's why I picked it. Check out youtube for more versions of it.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Its been posted several times already.
Geese Howard's various themes.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I'm lazy and not posting YT links. but my three favs are all from the ASTS:

Franco Bash - FF3
Hon Fu - RBS
Xiangfei - RB2

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
I'm partial to Krauser's theme in the SNES version of Fatal Fury Special. It has more bass and timpani and winds up hitting harder than the neogeo original version

Also liked the Richard Meyer theme in Fatal Fury 1. It was distinctly different and interesting.

Really like the Fatal Fury 3 soundtrack overall... though nothing sticks out as a notable favorite.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I'm partial to Krauser's theme in the SNES version of Fatal Fury Special. It has more bass and timpani and winds up hitting harder than the neogeo original version
The Neo Geo version is a lofi recording of a real orchestra. Probably impressive at the time, but doesn't hold up so well today. The SNES one is more unique.