What happens after you complete the Neo Geo AES Library?

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Bubblegum blue?

I like the way you think!

2007-Porsche-GT3-RS-Blue-Fast-Five-Cars.jpg

holyver

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
once complete, you play the games for a while, then you do not play anymore for a while, then you spend more time on neo-geo.com as you play less then you start selling your collection but you still spend time on neo-geo.com
by the time you sold most of it, time has passed and you start missing some of the games and you repurchase them at a higher price than initially, but you are glad to own them again because some of those neo games (most of them?) are just true gems

XeroShinobi

Rugal's Thug
This is why I don't miss my AES collection.

At times, I get sentimental and wish I had all of the home carts again.

Then in retrospect, I consider how I was unable to bring myself to touch any of the games for fear of getting a scratch on the cart.

"Oh I love owning Metal Slug X, I wish I could play it."

No thanks.

I don't get this mentality. It's far from impossible to play a Neo Geo cart without damaging it aesthetically. Obviously some caution should be exercised, but the things aren't VHS tapes. Playing the carts won't destroy them. It is kind of annoying how the carts sit in the cases, it promotes touching the label, which should be avoided as much as possible.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I don't get this mentality. It's far from impossible to play a Neo Geo cart without damaging it aesthetically. Obviously some caution should be exercised, but the things aren't VHS tapes. Playing the carts won't destroy them. It is kind of annoying how the carts sit in the cases, it promotes touching the label, which should be avoided as much as possible.

the problem is now people go over the carts and inserts with a magnifying glass. One little bent corner and some people freak out. It wasn't bad when these games were worth $200-300, but now they are approaching $1000. It's out of hand, but there are quite limited numbers.

Sixth

Sakura's Bank Manager
There’s nothing in the whole of the Neo’ library that would make me spend upwards of a grand. The only really expensive cart I’d like to have is MOTW, and damn it, I’d play the thing if I had it. I wouldn’t be worried about what I was doing to the resale value because if I’m spending that kind of money on something it clearly means I’m not going to need to sell it anytime soon.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member

Easiest way to avoid insertion marks is to unscrew your Neo and remove the top half of the plastic shell. Problem solved.

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
I manage my carts with jewerly gloves and everything is ok. As stated before, a semi naked aes also help. Thats it.

The fact is that nobody have a complete collection without all the protos that still have to come.