What are your big time homecarts you still want that are somewhat attainable?

Alphabet

Zero's Secretary
Buying an expensive AES game is like buying a warrant (or security). You overpay for something where you know that the price will go up at all times.
Ultimately, people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

city41

Aero Fighters Flyboy
10 Year Member
Buying an expensive AES game is like buying a warrant (or security). You overpay for something where you know that the price will go up at all times.
Ultimately, people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
Is it just me or have prices stabilized a bit over the past year or two?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
The one's I actually wanted but never got to purchase before I sold most of my collection were Ninja Masters, Sengoku 3, Metal Slug's, Kizuna Encounter, Blazing Star, Pulstar. I searched for these much later on since they weren't at the top of my list but by that time it was too late. I never paid over $1k for a game. I purchased most of them when they were in the $50-500 range. The most I paid was for MOTW and that was like $800 from Yaj.

Selling these games were a pain in the ass. Everyone outside of this forum assumes the games are fake from the jump. I sold most of them here for reasonable prices versus selling them outside the forum for more just to avoid the bullshit.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Apart from the "lowest tier" japanese carts (FFS, SamSHo 1 &2, AOF 1&2, WH1 &2), everything is pretty much expensive. EURO and US, I won't even bother.

Everything except those are in the triple figures for the AES and MVS is following (at a slower pace). I'd still like to get a few before it gets even more out of hand.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Most of those are fine on a multicart, but shooters seem to have issues when it's not on the real chips. I think this is slowdown related. I can't play Pulstar without the game flaking out around stage 4. I have also had the same problem with MS5, Blazing Star, and Sonic Wings 3 (turning off your auto fire helps avoid a crash though).

And yes, I assume a lot of the sellers "from Japan" are just euro transplants selling fake carts. Same for sellers from other Asian countries. Gotta find an Italian collector to marry and get his carts in his will.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
As far as pretty big priced home arts that may or may not rape my wallet, The 3 that comes to mind that I would love to own are
Last blade 2
Aero fighters 2
Wake waku 7

Of course all Japanese versions and ima be honest, mark of the wolves would be a solid choice and a staple to have in the collection. Maybe one day

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Gotta find an Italian collector to marry and get his carts in his will.
Actually, you're not far from the truth.

The biggest collection pieces moving around are from there. Lots of highend carts are sitting in that beautiful piece of land.

Johnny16Bit

Fio's Quartermaster
Baseball Stars 2 (AES JP).
The cunting game retailed @350€ (in real shops) this summer... Since then it's nowhere to be found under 500 in the same (good) condition. :thevt:

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Is it just me or have prices stabilized a bit over the past year or two?
Yes and no, depending on the title. Some of the lower end stuff still seems to be on an upward trajectory. For example, Ghost Pilots for whatever reason seems like it's continuing to price higher. Nam and Magician Lord too. I think any decent non-fighters that are still somewhat attainable for most people will continue to rise.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I don't really have any wants, the NeoSD AES I own has been thoroughly satisfying my curiosity in the overall Neo library and I have enough legit AES carts to keep me happy I think.