What are you listening to at the moment?

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Is this a White Pony B-side?

Way more like Saturday Night Wrists imo. The production values are very sound (heard some more of this band) but they do seem to be a little thin on songmanship.
Slightly unrelated, A Perfect Circle's new material is very decent from what I've heard of it. Not perfect like their older works (same with FNM and Sol Invictus or the 2 most recent QOTSA albums), but these are songs penned by genius (again imo)

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
Been listening to this earlier today while going to work:

Prolly one of my favs from Metallica along with S&M and the San Diego '92

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Uhg. Jesse Lacey of Brand New has been outed as a predator. There are multiple stories developing but the main one at the moment is that for 8 years he would request nudes from a fan. This started when she was 15 and he was 24. He would also have her watch him jack off on Skype. He releases a statement that he has hurt a lot of people, that he's had a sex addiction since he was a teenager, and that he's been through a lot of therapy for it. Still, this makes me feel gross. I hate that my favorite lyricist took advantage of his fans, and underage ones at that.

fake

15 Year Member
Listening to the new glassjaw album. It took 15 years for a new full-length album, but so far I'm completely satisfied.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
I watched a ska documentary on youtube yesterday and this was playing in the background, i'd forgotten just how much i liked the specials back in the day.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member

a giant surprise, back to form and then some. the scream has lost some edge but it still packs a punch. the song structure is fantastic.

fake

15 Year Member
Awesome news! Is there a stream posted somewhere or did it leak?

They sent out flexi discs made out of heavy gloss paper. Someone played them on FB live and someone else did an audio capture of the stream. The quality is awful but it gives you a good idea of the vibe of the album. I got two of the flexis in the mail. One is in good condition but the other is soggy and ripped up. x_X. Hopefully they put up a package of all 11 of them that fans can buy.

Pre-orders may go up tomorrow. Album is out on Dec 1.