What are you listening to at the moment?

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
So, that Marcy Playground "Sex and Candy" song came up on my Spotify and Id made me think about Marcy Playground. I had never heard anything other than the Sex and Candy and Saint Joe, which I didnt mind but I never listened to the record.

Decided I'd give the whole thing a listen and holy shit, this is good stuff. How did I never listen to this whole record in the 90s.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member

Here’s the entire record; I can’t find the 1st track by itself…the first track has been on repeat today.
Absolute speaker melter!

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member

I don’t know too much about this artist, but I always assumed he had more popular songs, so I was surprised to learn the other day that this is the song he is most known for its not your typical electronic music.

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member

I don’t know too much about this artist, but I always assumed he had more popular songs, so I was surprised to learn the other day that this is the song he is most known for its not your typical electronic music.

I recon he has ‘most popular’ tunes across generations as well, because he’s been at it 30+ years.

Thanks for your post; it gives me a chance to post this:
…his most popular tune up until the point just after release anyway.
A 1990’s touchstone.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Like SST Band, BlindSpot, and Casiopea? New solo record out, from a main man of the 1st two, and a guest in the third’s latest incarnation.

This link works for orders outside of Japan, no need to sign up for buyee or a proxy to get it.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I think El-Producto’s greatest moment, of many good moments over a decades long career-has been the beats he’s made for Mr. Lif and Cannibal Ox.

…and, a little peek into the early ‘oughts backpacker zeitgeist…

Open Mike Eagle’s podcast has an entire season w/ El-P that is really informative and entertaining:

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Honestly everything he's done is dope in one way or another and his evolution as a producer has been extremely interesting to watch over the years.