What are the exact replacement speakers for a super neo 29?

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Anyone got pics of them, and the size. I need to get these at some point.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
Sure I'll check it for you later tonight.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
8 ohm 3" x 5" shielded like these
3X5speakers.JPG

Looks like a pair for sale here cheap: http://www.gregselectronics.com/usedstuf.html

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
The buds on those don't push on your chassis right? I removed my others because they were so damn tight against the metal they resulted in the top plastic marquee holder cracking. I'd check this out when you can.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
The buds on those don't push on your chassis right? I removed my others because they were so damn tight against the metal they resulted in the top plastic marquee holder cracking. I'd check this out when you can.

No, they are pretty close to the bracket that holds the marquee light, but there's no stress there. When I first got the cabinet I disassembled it for cleaning and I remember trying to get that piece on and having a difficult time with that front piece where it didn't want to go in smoothly. I took the top apart again and put the pieces back in in a different order and they all went in nice and easy. Do you have the LCD monitor top, a mini marquee style top, or a plain top?

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I want to update this for people searching. DO NOT buy those speakers for a super neo 29. They do not fit flush into place when you reinstall the top marquee section. You can make them fit by grinding the edges of each side's speaker buds with a grinder or dremel, and you'll have to remove your lamp assembly and grinding that on each side so they go further in. I suggest figuring out an alternative. I just ordered 2 speakers and I'll see where that gets me. Considering you gotta modify your lamp assembly, I personally will not be bothering with it.

Last edited: