What arcade stick do you own?

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I'm sure it's been discussed here but to save me going through all the pages of responses, what're people thoughts on the Mayflash F500 Elite vs the Hori Rap V? I'm looking at getting one for the Switch / PC. Both look to be solid sticks.

In terms of sticks, I guess I'm pretty noob regarding what's out there and what I like, the last and only real stick I've had is the Madcatz TE which was OK, I guess.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Go for the Hori RAP V, it's perfect for the Switch and the PC. It's still the best arcade stick available for the Switch.

Wrote something here regarding different parts yesterday:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Go for the Hori RAP V, it's perfect for the Switch and the PC. It's still the best arcade stick available for the Switch.

Wrote something here regarding different parts yesterday:

Thanks for your thoughts, done a little bit more research as I do like a tight feeling stick and it looks like the Hayabusa is quite loose, that said, I'm sure I could get used to it. Any particular mods you would recommend for the Hori RAP V?

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
No mods required but if the stick is too loose for you, you can just change the spring with more lb. Stock Sanwa spring fits fine too.
A brand new Hayabusa is more stiff than most of my used Sanwa sticks. It isn't as terrible as other peeps are complaining. If it is too loose for you order a stock Sanwa and a 2lb spring. 4 and 6lb is probably too heavy to begin with. With a stock Sanwa spring the Hayabusa and the Sanwa JLF are pretty close anyway.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
No mods required but if the stick is too loose for you, you can just change the spring with more lb. Stock Sanwa spring fits fine too.
A brand new Hayabusa is more stiff than most of my used Sanwa sticks. It isn't as terrible as other peeps are complaining. If it is too loose for you order a stock Sanwa and a 2lb spring. 4 and 6lb is probably too heavy to begin with. With a stock Sanwa spring the Hayabusa and the Sanwa JLF are pretty close anyway.

Thanks man, I think I'll bite the bullet and just get a RAP V and if I feel the stick is too loose, look to change the necessary parts later on.

Johnny16Bit

Galford's Armourer
Hard to tell, it's vastly a matter of personal preferences Vs the stock parts offered by the two offers.
As I don't like Sanwa parts, I'd go for a regular Mayflash F500 and swap the buttons for Seimitsus and the stick for an LS32. So if you too are a bit picky about what parts you want and are going to change everything in the end, I'd go that route. It's a really easy and fun stick to mod and can often be found for a sweet price.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
I love that almost seven years later I am still using the same stick. It hasn't been plugged into a 360 for a long time, but it lives on top of my PC tower when not in use.

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
I've got a question... I know Suzo/Happ isn't what it used to be, but have Industrias Lorenzo pushbuttons started sucking, too?

I've just bought eight 28mm concave pushbuttons with microswitches (from an online shop that I won't mention, but it's been recommended to me by trusted people and it's got excellent reputation) and they're just terrible. Compared to the IL I've installed years ago in my other cab, it's a difference like night and day. Putting aside that one of the eight buttons has a defective spring that gets randomly stuck halfway, when pushed gradually and slowly they seem to stick after a couple of millimeters, just to unlock and go down all of a sudden with a "plasticky" sound. The only way to get a precise response is hammering them with a quick slap, so they don't have time to stick halfway.
It's not a matter of bad microswitches BTW, 'cause they do the same thing even before installing switches. My old IL buttons are still super smooth and precise.

Here's a couple of pics... they look authentic to me, but I don't even know if chinese IL knockoffs exist

Attachments

• Bad IL 1.jpg
    Bad IL 1.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Bad IL 2.jpg
    Bad IL 2.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
*bump* No Industrias Lorenzo pushbutton users around here?

Last edited:

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Thank God, they were all banned.

My new toy (fitted with the almighty Seimitsu LS-32 lever & buttons), I thought you'd like the artwork!

View attachment 58052
I love the GanGan start button. I have a red and blue combo Mayflash stick as well (actually it’s a Venom). I have a few Mayflashes, I would pick them up around $50/$60 bucks and mod them with artwork and new joysticks and buttons. I have some different combinations (octo/square, battop/balltop, Sanwa/Semitsu). I like battops for shooters and ball tops for fighting games so having a few different combos fits my needs and I have fun designing the artwork. With the magic boots they’re pretty convenient to run on 360/PS4/Switch and I use brook adapters for the Saturn and PC Engine. All and all they’re a pretty good all around use stick for me.

Last edited:

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
These are my last four arcade sticks. I am exclusively using the HitBox at the moment.

I love the Hori RAP. I'm going to sell the Virtua Stick High Grade and SF4 Mad Katz controller. I have them on Craigslist for local sale, but no bites yet.
Controllers.GIF

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
Currently:

PS3:
Hori Fighting Stick V3 - Modded with Hayabusa stick & buttons

PS4:
Hori HRAP4 Kai V1 - Modded with a JLF-TP-8YT & pink OBSF-30 buttons in an 8 button setup
Hori HRAP4 Kai V2 - Modded with a JLF-TP-8YT & MVS colour scheme OBSF-30 buttons in a 6 button setup

On their way from Japan:
Hori HRAP V Hayabusa x 2
Hori HRAP V Hayabusa Silent Ver.

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
Lucky you since i'm annoyed hori discontinue that brand of joysticks.

Plenty available if you want to import from Japan. Those cost me around £40 each plus shipping.

Just bought myself a nice Xmas present. Will post a picture when it arrives.

Hansuke

n00b
I've got a question... I know Suzo/Happ isn't what it used to be, but have Industrias Lorenzo pushbuttons started sucking, too?

Here's a couple of pics... they look authentic to me, but I don't even know if chinese IL knockoffs exist
I just bought some concave IL buttons recently the past month and they seem fine to me.

The plunger in your button seems to be taller than the buttons I have though. Are they the short stem ones?
I only have experience dealing with the long steam buttons from IL.

I even got some of the convex IL buttons and I think they're great.

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
I just bought some concave IL buttons recently the past month and they seem fine to me.

The plunger in your button seems to be taller than the buttons I have though. Are they the short stem ones?
I only have experience dealing with the long steam buttons from IL.

I even got some of the convex IL buttons and I think they're great.
I can't check right now, but I think they're long stem.
It's strange... after that post, the shop sent me more buttons and they're less defective (no "sticky" action), but they're still quite terrible. Can you tell me where you got your IL buttons?