What arcade stick do you own?

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I used to buy all my suzo/happ/IL stuff from this guy on ebay.
Always had good stuff, tho I haven't bought anything from him in a while.

Hansuke

n00b
I can't check right now, but I think they're long stem.
It's strange... after that post, the shop sent me more buttons and they're less defective (no "sticky" action), but they're still quite terrible. Can you tell me where you got your IL buttons?
I got mine from ArcadeShock.com and some from FocusAttack.com

They're both great and trusted distributers in the US.

I went with ArcadeShock because they actually include the Cherry DX44 switches with the button price so you don't have to buy them separately and was cheaper overall for me.

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
I got mine from ArcadeShock.com and some from FocusAttack.com

They're both great and trusted distributers in the US.

I went with ArcadeShock because they actually include the Cherry DX44 switches with the button price so you don't have to buy them separately and was cheaper overall for me.
Thanks for the suggestions HellioN and Hansuke! 👍Unfortunately anything from the US comes with absurd importing fees (I live in Italy), so unless things change, I'll have to find an european/asian shop. The problem is even worse when buying pinball parts, 'cause shops like Marco Specialties are off-limits for the same reason and they have parts you can't find anywhere else.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Try your luck with jammastar.com or smallcab.net. Both are recommended and both ship from France. If they don't have the stuff you need to order in the US.

BTW: The SuzoHapp buttons in my Mortal Kombat stick are also pretty terrible.

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Try your luck with jammastar.com or smallcab.net. Both are recommended and both ship from France. If they don't have the stuff you need to order in the US.

BTW: The SuzoHapp buttons in my Mortal Kombat stick are also pretty terrible.
I'll have a look at jammastar, thanks (had no luck with smallcab, that's where I got my last IL buttons) 🤝

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Nice pickup. Super easy button swap and with a little dremel work the joystick can be replaced with whatever u like.
I know, I even have a set of green sanwa buttons somewhere.
I just have to decide if it's worth it.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Decided to spruce up my Hori RAP4 Kai that wasn't getting used:

iGib9QG.jpg

Aluminum panel w/ Noir layout + Seimitsu pearl buttons + Seimitsu bullet lever

Bullet lever feels good. The engage distance is bit longer than what I'm used to, so I probably won't use it for shmups. The size of the top is great, so even if I ended up swapping out the bullet lever, I might keep try it on an LS-56:

erq00EY.jpg

Last edited:

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
Nice. Does the aluminium panel replace the original metal panel as well then?

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I got a bullet lever and noticed the same, I think with an oversized actuator it might be a little better.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Nice. Does the aluminium panel replace the original metal panel as well then?

Yup, it replaces the original plate:

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
I always buy stuff from jammastar never had a problem.
I’m too used to the bean pro joystick, am I crazy? What sanwa/seimitsu stick has similar actuation and throw? I got a LS-56 thinking smaller deadzone = better but I can’t get used to its actuation and post actuation throw, I feel like I can’t do small movements properly with it on non-fighting games, I always overshoot it

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Been eyeing a hitbox style controller for awhile and finally pulled the trigger on one of the more affordable ones.

Definitely takes some getting used too. It makes some movements easier while others are a little more challenging like hyper hops in KoF.

Overall I’m starting to get the hang of it and really enjoying it.

4D350D88-FA55-4FC6-96FE-95A02F6370C6.jpeg

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I play on HitBox and my brother just 3D printed me a leverless with Qanba buttons. I love it. I put some Waifu stickers on it to make it legit and win more.messages_0(52).jpeg

Last edited:

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Depending on the game, it might be easier to perform, honestly.

JoeAwesome

Yes and no. Not exactly the example I’m looking for, but you can see how it works with Zangeif:

AE711B55-ECC2-4D8E-B2EA-C60DAA75FE93.jpeg

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
My hands would look like Joe Cocker’s if I used a hit box for more than 10 minutes.

9878B991-7E75-4174-B1DF-82E279089670.gif

I’m still intrigued by these things I may get one of these from Amazon I think they’re around $60 when I looked last at least as a “starter” stick in the world of non traditional arcade sticks

Last edited:

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
View attachment 64030

I’m still intrigued by these things I may get one of these from Amazon I think they’re around $60 when I looked last at least as a “starter” stick in the world of non traditional arcade sticks

I prefer the jump button on the bottom. It has weird advantages where you can slide you left hand over the buttons left and right for half circle motions. The jump button on the bottom is easy to get used to if you picture it like the space for jump while playing an FPS.

I went straight in with a $250 HitBox as my first leverless and I've found it to be really fun to get into. Going back to a stick is seamless too - it's not like the hitbox takes away from your stick skills.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I prefer the jump button on the bottom. It has weird advantages where you can slide you left hand over the buttons left and right for half circle motions. The jump button on the bottom is easy to get used to if you picture it like the space for jump while playing an FPS.

I went straight in with a $250 HitBox as my first leverless and I've found it to be really fun to get into. Going back to a stick is seamless too - it's not like the hitbox takes away from your stick skills.

Assuming I have stick skills lol.

Seriously though I just think it would be fun to try I think $60 is a good way to try it out. If I like it I would go down that $250 rabbit hole I’m sure. I agree with you on placement. I’ve thought about getting one of these and just dropping it in a Mayflash I have but $60 is pretty cheap for a starter and almost the same as one of these.

JoeAwesome

Assuming I have stick skills lol.

Seriously though I just think it would be fun to try I think $60 is a good way to try it out. If I like it I would go down that $250 rabbit hole I’m sure. I agree with you on placement. I’ve thought about getting one of these and just dropping it in a Mayflash I have but $60 is pretty cheap for a starter and almost the same as one of these.

Or you can make one on the cheap like I did:

Attachments

• B83A994E-F015-48F1-91CD-F509733D359E.jpeg
    B83A994E-F015-48F1-91CD-F509733D359E.jpeg
    1,021.5 KB · Views: 21