What anime are you watching?

Teela

Quiz Detective
Mostly watching my old anime collection after unburying my VCR. Evangelion and GunBuster are first up. I was shocked when I looked up the Evangelion VHS prices on EBay. I might have to sell these!

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
You’re asking too much.

(Re: a new Bastard!)

Last edited:

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Goddammit Netflix... don't fuck this up.

View attachment 55655

Edit: Looks like it's being directed by the guy who did Goblin Slayer so that's a good start, tone-wise. Bastard!! is just sooooo of its time and it would be so easy to get it wrong.
I’m really looking forward to this. The last “proper” volume we got was 27, so hopefully this leads to another release one day (even if it is just story gaps from between previous story arcs). Though, I pray that Hagiwara Kazushi is in good health these days.

Last edited:

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
they are probably gonna fuck it up

Bastard was rly cool tho. I have a tape laying around somewhere still.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
holy fuck i remember some of those from eb-games when I was a kid. Specifically the red devil looking demon form (middle right)

Neo_Mike_81

King's Dry Cleaner
I'm watching Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex series on Blu-ray right now for the time being. I will also got Evangelion series on Blu-ray aswell which I'll watch later on.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I'm watching Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex series on Blu-ray right now for the time being. I will also got Evangelion series on Blu-ray aswell which I'll watch later on.
The first series of SaC is easily one of the best anime ever.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
I don't watch much Anime but this seems koll:

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I don't even want to click play on that.

I really loved FLCL when it aired on adult swim and I was like 11 or 12 . I'd rewatch, to "relive' those memories but I'm not exactly sure how I feel about the show forreal . I do love Haruko tho 💘

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
Just finished Kotaro lives alone
and just started rewatching the Gundam stuff again from the beginning. I was a fan of the blood and gore in the 80s and 90s so I missed a lot of the Gundam series. It’s ok so far. I haven’t seen the original macros yet either.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Rewatched Karas with the fam. Still a favorite of mine after all these years.

View attachment 57076
This was one of the best Animes of that era and maybe of all time imo. But part two was one of the most disappointing sequels ever for me. Like what happened. It almost feels like a whole new teem took over for part two and decided to tell a completely different story about family and loyalty.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Watching some Robotech my self. might come to finally finishing the entire series this time without giving up.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
Started watching ranking of the kings with my kid, the art style is goofy but its a pretty good show. I recommend it.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Watching some Robotech my self. might come to finally finishing the entire series this time without giving up.
Ive got the Protoculture collection DVDs, but Ive been on the fence about buying the bluray releases of all 3 generations that came out last year. At $45 a piece tho that's kinda iffy.

Can't seem to find a good pirated version of it though. :/