What anime are you watching?

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Oh wow Taiso dumping he knowledge. Thanks for the info.

I just tend to be very thorough about stuff that I both know and care about and any time I hear that somebody's doing something new with an IP I love, I just try to get the clearest understanding possible of what's being discussed. Was just trying to make sure whether or not what you were referencing was the same thing I already knew.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Where are some good places to watch anime now with decent quality for free? Or even any cheap subscription sites that are awesome? I am aware of netflix and crunchyroll. I'm not sure if crunchy roll is worth it. I used to work with a kid who told me a bunch of free sites, and I checked them out and they looked good. But I have no idea where those are anymore. Some of them posted new japan episodes dubbed in english same day they aired... I think. At least that's what he told me.

And is there a place in specific where I can watch older movies like Tank Police, vampire hunter d, ninja scroll, c project ako, etc...

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Where are some good places to watch anime now with decent quality for free? Or even any cheap subscription sites that are awesome? I am aware of netflix and crunchyroll. I'm not sure if crunchy roll is worth it. I used to work with a kid who told me a bunch of free sites, and I checked them out and they looked good. But I have no idea where those are anymore. Some of them posted new japan episodes dubbed in english same day they aired... I think. At least that's what he told me.

And is there a place in specific where I can watch older movies like Tank Police, vampire hunter d, ninja scroll, c project ako, etc...

http://horriblesubs.info/
https://coalgirls.wakku.to/
http://utw.me/
http://www.nyaa.se/

Use torrents because streaming is for faggots.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate

All of these, but I dunno about horriblesubs, I think they use crunchyroll rips.

coalgirls is a must if you have TONS of disc space. They know how to preserve quality.

And to keep things on topic. I started rewatching "Another" the other day. I remember really liking this anime when it aired. This time around I'm watching the english dub. I really wish Funimation would retire Greg Ayres as a voice actor. Atleast for main characters. His voice is extremely annoying, and very nasally.

Last edited:

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Spoiler:
Theory 1: There were two coffins on board
Theory 2: The Coffin Erina was in had two compartments and Erina was in the top one. Dio was in the lower and the coffin sank.
Theory 3: Back then Araki was just a shit writer and didn't think about

Ah good to know, thanks man.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
Supporting the industry is totally for faggots. I have a couple thousand anime Blu-rays and DVDs, in addition to a temporary CR subscription so I can watch Silver Spoon, so I must be the biggest faggot out there.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
I like anime but if Crunchy Roll had more old school stuff I would get a sub. The only thing I want to watch on there is Jojo.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Supporting the industry is totally for faggots. I have a couple thousand anime Blu-rays and DVDs, in addition to a temporary CR subscription so I can watch Silver Spoon, so I must be the biggest faggot out there.

You got that right.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
ReZyt2L.jpg

WOW LOOK AT THIS QUALITY
totally worth paying for! :thevt:

also: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen...nder_and_ceo_of_crunchyroll/cj12hka?context=3

Last edited:

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Knights of Sidonia is really good. I am up to episode 8 and it is well done if you like Sci-Fi Mecha anime.

Just watched this and I was really impressed. Good all around and glad a 2nd Season is in production.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...-Enforcing-Anti-Piracy-Law-on-Anime-and-Manga

So I wonder how they are gonna enforce unlicensed content in other countries, not to mention butchered and chopped up country releases vs original.

The industry has had so much opportunity to learn off pirate subs and translations to improve their products, yet they never implement a damn thing.

The same way the US puts pressure on other countries to respect copyrights.

I dont think its so much the Japanese industries that are in the wrong as it is the American Companies not really understanding what they are offering. Thats how we end up with stuff like "The End of Evangelion". Which is not even worth the plastic is pressed on. Unless you get the Japanese Version.

But there are some Japanese industries that can be blamed. Like mother fucking Bandai, Fuck Bandai. The have been screwing us on just about every fucking release they do and then have the nerve to bitch and whine when we dont buy it. See Gundam WIng. Gundam Wing got 3 different releases all of different quality. Do you know which one is the worst? The US release, do you know which one is the best? With out a doubt the Japanese release. I'm not talking about "feature" quality. I'm talking straight up video quality. Two more examples are Code Geass, and Gundam 00. In both anime Japan got really nice BluRay releases while North America got stuck with the subpar DVD releases.

EDIT: Also, I've been watching Great Teacher Onizuka for the first time. It's pretty entertaining and I'm surprised I helf off watching it for so long.

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...-Enforcing-Anti-Piracy-Law-on-Anime-and-Manga

So I wonder how they are gonna enforce unlicensed content in other countries, not to mention butchered and chopped up country releases vs original.

The industry has had so much opportunity to learn off pirate subs and translations to improve their products, yet they never implement a damn thing.

Japan providing good quality and affordable versions of translated anime and manga=good use of resources.

Japan thinking they can do anything about all of the illegally available anime and manga on the internet=stupid waste of their money and man hours.

Stupid people coming up with stupid ideas.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The Japanese gov't better start assemble a capable hacker team like lulzsec or anonymous if they want to shut those sites down.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I'm a half-faggot because I don't buy anime anymore on disc, but I do stream the stuff they have on crackle.

Back on topic: Xmen anime is pretty good.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
Crackle is definitely for faggots. I tried their Apple TV streaming app, and the video quality was so laughably bad I couldn't believe it.