What anime are you watching?

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Yeah I love Jojo's book 2! Vampires,Nazi's,Crazy bad guys, What is there not to like?

:buttrock:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
the guy's starting a new Jojo, i forget the subtitle but it sounded awesome. feel free to look it up and post what it is, peeps

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
This one's for all the grown ass men who seem to whine about fucking (Japanese) cartoons every couple of days.

Enjoy.

correction, The Guy

I get a very 'No More Heroes' vibe from the art style

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
get hype people and see if any nearby theaters is playing it

I get a very 'No More Heroes' vibe from the art style

Its development took seven years and used 100,000 hand-made drawings,[7] which Maughan notes is all the more unusual as it is Koike's directorial debut.[4]

people on another forum i go to wrote:

ben reed said:
Redline was, and I hope I'm not getting too technical here, like injecting sunshine straight into your veins while making sweet love to God as world peace and brotherhood amongst all men is achieved.

That's not even hyperbole. The film is really, really, REALLY That Good. There is not a bad goddamn moment in Redline. Great pacing, great animation, and every other minute something cool happens. (Every other other minute, something hilarious happens.)

If you have the opportunity to see it in a theater before the Blu-Ray release, run, don't walk. This movie is built of dreamstuff. Again, NONE of this is hyperbole and this is all coming from two of Colony Drop's strongest cynics. Anime will never be this good again.

botageL said:
after redline, anime is dead to me

nothing can ever match it

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
maybe someone can help me out on this one---

about a year or two ago, i was at bbuster checking out their anime section.
they had a movie there, listed as a 'new release'
i don't remember much about it whatsoever, but i know it was a 'big deal'
you know, in the way steam boy, tekkonkinkreet, and perfect blue were all big deals---
it looked like the budget was pretty big...
i can't remember much besides the art and style reminding me of the Matrix ... or Ghost in the Shell
lots of green and blacks...
the plot was something about a really bad ass special force unit ... their name may've been the title of the movie?

its driving me nuts, because i haven't heard about it since...and the curiosity is getting to me

Kiel

20 Year Member
Well, anime is dead to me already so bring it on

Kiel

20 Year Member
maybe someone can help me out on this one---

about a year or two ago, i was at bbuster checking out their anime section.
they had a movie there, listed as a 'new release'
i don't remember much about it whatsoever, but i know it was a 'big deal'
you know, in the way steam boy, tekkonkinkreet, and perfect blue were all big deals---
it looked like the budget was pretty big...
i can't remember much besides the art and style reminding me of the Matrix ... or Ghost in the Shell
lots of green and blacks...
the plot was something about a really bad ass special force unit ... their name may've been the title of the movie?

its driving me nuts, because i haven't heard about it since...and the curiosity is getting to me

Gantz or something like that? Maybe Spriggan.

Also I get the feeling that you may like texhnolyze as well.

Last edited:

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
sounds like spriggan to me, which is funny because I was also searching for spriggan for years not knowing the title but remembering it from a trailer or something.

eventually found it and wasn't that impressed.... but that kinda high budget animation is always worth watching at least once IMO.

Kiel

20 Year Member
Yeah, Spriggan was a bummer of a movie that's for sure

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Can anyone recommends me some of the late 80's / early 90's stuff that I may have missed? or anything like them that came out recently.

Most of the new stuff just puts me off, especially when it comes to directing and character designs (including the anime Lonesage has posted above, although it seems better than the usual new shit lol).

The animes that I like include Ninja Scroll, Guyver, Odeo: Cyber City 808, JoJo's Bizzare Adventure, Demon City and Akira.

I would have certainly missed some of these, like Odeo 808 and Demon City, if I didn't run into them by chance as a kid. So I'm pretty sure there is some more stuff that I would like to see from that era. I also learned about Wicked City recently, and it seemed interesting.

I have also watched and liked the HnK series, but I thought it was too long for me personally.

I skimmed through the thread, and I based on some of what's been mentioned, I may like Cobra and Gunsmith Cats. Golgo definitely looks ace.

The animes I also liked outside that era include Vampire Hunter D Blood Lust and Cowboy Bebop.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
1237917779613.jpg

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I mean, like, what does the dad say? Is he down with anime now? That kind of ended on a cliffhanger there.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
the stare on his face speaks more words than, uh, any words he could have said

Andy Is A Bastard

A Bastard, Andy Is,
This season? Nichijou and Tiger & Bunny.

Also in the process of watching Pani Poni Dash and re-watching Those Who Hunt Elves. Just wrapped up Puella Magi Madoka Magica, and was very pleased. I still need to finish The Tatami Galaxy as well...

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt is awesome

don't care what anyone else says

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
the stare on his face speaks more words than, uh, any words he could have said

Looks emotional. But I mean, he could cry or something. Overcome with emotion from the beauty and shit. We just don't know.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I'm guessing the dad beats his sons ass, "American Beauty" style?
But "American Beauty style" would mean the dad was secretly into it, right? That's why I think we need some clarification on this.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
just watched [url="http://www.amazon.com/Big-Wars-Hideyuki-Tanaka/dp/B00008K777/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1303879537&sr=8-1]BIG WARS[/url]

it was really bland and 70 minutes long and the main enemies are called The Gods and it doesn't ever explain if they really are our creators or what

it looked like it was made in 1985
turns out it was 1993
but 1993 wasn't a good year anyway right

anyways it was really bland and it irks me that they never got into getting into the backstory with these asshole aliens or what they were fighting for in the first place

there is a really bitchin' billboard animation of a skeleton eating a piece of Earth that i wish i could find as a gif

uh for $5 idgaf

go for it if you feel like wasting a night