What 1 Game NEEDS a Port?

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Armed Police Batrider

My favorite Shmup of all time.

M2 said they were slowly working on releasing all Raizing shmups, but so far we've seen Battle Garegga and Sorcer Striker only.

Battle Bakaraid is another good one that needs a port.

Anyway, if Batrider ever makes it out, it would even force me to shake hands with Satan themselves (Limited Run Games).

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
What's the number one unported game you'd like to see get a home release?

For me, it's Sega Super GT / Scud Race. It's Sega, in a great era (in that Daytona 2 to Outrun 2 zone), game looks great, the Ferrari F40 is beautiful in it. And I haven't seen one in an arcade in like a decade.
Golden Axe- The Revenge of Death Adder
There are also games like Shock Troopers, where the only home ports available have significant problems.

Last edited:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Golden Axe- The Revenge of Death Adder.

I know it's not widely available, but like someone mentioned it's on the Astro City Mini thing. I think it's only a matter of time before we get a digital release of some sort.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Off the top of my head, Sega's Motor Raid. But I'd probably play it for ten minutes and get bored.

Outrunners a proper port not that sorry excuse for one on the genesis.
This is possibly the best Outrun game, too. The shopping mall near my school had it, and we had two hour lunch breaks. I'd pop over there a few times a month and play through it. And if not the best Outrun game, we can at least all agree it has the best Last Wave.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Anyone receiving regular IV treatment should consider getting a port installed. Painful in the short term, but, it'll save you a lot of grief in the long run. Me, I like stressing the nurses out with my shitty thin veins that like to roll.

But, more on topic, I want more strip mah jong ports, ideally a huge, multi-publisher compilation. A lot of the world's problems could be solved if we all spent more time matching tiles to catch a glimpse of digitized titties.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I have a soft spot for 2.5D graphics, hence Brave Blade. I really hope this brief period, where this visual style was used, will be rediscovered someday. It's certainly better than pre-rendered graphics. Especially when rendered in 60 frames per second, this sexy blockiness has high aesthetic values.

KGRAMR

Another Striker
For me, World Rally by Gaelco needs a port. It was a good isometric racing title developed in Spain by the makers of Carlos Sainz on microcomputers (Zigurat).

KGRAMR

Another Striker
Armed Police Batrider

My favorite Shmup of all time.

M2 said they were slowly working on releasing all Raizing shmups, but so far we've seen Battle Garegga and Sorcer Striker only.

Battle Bakaraid is another good one that needs a port.

Anyway, if Batrider ever makes it out, it would even force me to shake hands with Satan themselves (Limited Run Games).
M2 is also busy with the Toaplan backlog but I hope to see more Raizing titles heading to modern platforms. Also, that Battle Bakraid soundtrack is so good!

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
M2 is also busy with the Toaplan backlog but I hope to see more Raizing titles heading to modern platforms. Also, that Battle Bakraid soundtrack is so good!

I don't think I've ever played it for that long to get that far. I'm usually not a credit feeder and I've only played it at meetups a couple of times (besides MAME of course).

Anyway, here's a good track from APB:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Tetris Plus 2.

I liked the original a lot (besides the shitty music I mean). Have you played Tetris Grand Master? I mean the original based off the PS1 hardware. Some smart dudes ported it over. You need a modded PS1 (or ODE) or modded PS2 to play it though:

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Most of this controller stuff I could care less.

Stuff like Castlevania the Arcade, Silent Hill the Arcade, Carnevil, and specialty stuff like SCUD Race is what could do well with a port. A lot of these light gun and racers are where its at.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
I liked the original a lot (besides the shitty music I mean). Have you played Tetris Grand Master? I mean the original based off the PS1 hardware. Some smart dudes ported it over. You need a modded PS1 (or ODE) or modded PS2 to play it though:

Oh sweet, no I haven't played it will check it out.