Well it took 8 years but I guess it had to happen eventually...

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
There was no discount. You had to send them a cart.

kuk

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Ah ok
I thinked they propose two possibility in fact

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
From Korea I assume? Drkitty was selling boot Osmans just last year, and prolly still is.

Yes it was from Korea but it wasn't drkitty. Drkitty actuwlly has a lot of good legit stuff and charges reasonable prices for it. I've never had a problem with him. I bought a weird jamma famicom multi game board from him, and he was up front about it being a boot. The price reflected that as well.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
The homecart market will always be fucked. What kinda surprises me is that the same shit is starting to happen to MVS carts as well... I blame collectors and rich noobs ^^

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Last Hope AES (2006) now sold on ebay in Conversions by none other than French fags.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Last-Hope-N...4914?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item54038fbe72

Discuss....

These Last Hope conversions have been around for a while, its nothing new. I've had "Last Hope AES" as an eBay search for years now and these started surfacing a few years back.

The only thing about them that would interest me is just how they were able to copy the ROM data, since if memory serves the individual chips were epoxied (I think) to the boards.

arfink

Crossed Swords Squire
These Last Hope conversions have been around for a while, its nothing new. I've had "Last Hope AES" as an eBay search for years now and these started surfacing a few years back.

The only thing about them that would interest me is just how they were able to copy the ROM data, since if memory serves the individual chips were epoxied (I think) to the boards.

Having worked with epoxied mask roms, I can tell you that it's not that difficult, especially if the PCB does not need to be saved. It is tedious to be sure, but people making Neo-Geo repros can't possibly be afraid of tedium, since that's all it is.