Weekly Roundup

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Finished up Gears of War 1 & 2 on hardcore last week. Started part 3 last night. After I'm done going to go through them all on insane again. I'm so fucking rusty. I dread part 3 final boss. Only way I was able to finish off queen/ beetle on insane last playthrough before it destroyed the tower was with retro Lancer I remember.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I’ve been playing MotM w/ my kids or by myself like every chance I get this week. @max 330 mega hooked my NGPC’s up w/ the fresh new IPS screens.

Now I’m scrounging for loosies of tennis, baseball, other multiplayer etc that I got rid of a long time ago.
@pixeljunkie has a bunch of loose carts for sale at good prices

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I finally bothered to finish Syberia 2.

Played Skullgirls on the Switch.
I don't know why coz I have the steam version.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Shining Force III scenario 1

I grabbed an old save file of 1, played it for S2 then S3. I decided to do S1 again since the save file was bad, really bad. All this to play the SF III Premium Disc with a kickass team.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Shining Force III scenario 1

I grabbed an old save file of 1, played it for S2 then S3. I decided to do S1 again since the save file was bad, really bad. All this to play the SF III Premium Disc with a kickass team.
Nice i'm still going through shining force II via the genesis mini II.Started out slow but making progress now at this point i'm now running into enemies that deal more damage.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
PC & Steam Deck
Still playing Guilty Gear Strive. Been going to the big fighting game weekly meet-up in Seattle and loving it. They got me into Samurai Shodown (2019). I tried to get into Melty Blood: Type Lumina but the combos were too weird / difficult for my old brain.

I'm about at the 300 hours of online play now with Strive and starting to get a little better. Really enjoying it... it has a real depth to the combo system.

I played the SF 6 Beta (cracked version) and it was a lot of fun! I noticed a lot of the cross-ups and 3 hit jump in combos worked like I thought they would. I'm looking forward to this now. I played a ton of the Luke character (I heard he was the cheapest).

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Switch
Kirby’s return the dreamland deluxe
Octopath traveler 2
Theatrhythm final bar line
Mario Party Superstars

V pin
ALP
Future Pinball

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
holy moely didnt realize there was a new Theatrhythm game - absolutely loved the original!

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Traveling this week so only had the portable

GBA
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - i put in a lot of time on this one but I'm at a plateau of character development. A big difference here is that there's far less growth in each job class than in OG FFT, and there's really only one clear advanced class per type besides fighters.

River City Ransom EX - this one is fun, it's a good time to play and get skill upgrades based off of food consumption and books.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
PS4

Until Dawn- I've never played one of these interactive/choose your own adventure movie type games before. It's awful. It's like a slasher movie without any of the stuff that makes those fun. It's all bad dialogue and stock characters wandering around being stupid. Being somewhat in control of the story doesn't make it any more enjoyable.

Edit: Not even sure this qualifies as a game. At the end now and ugh... it's so tedious and there's so little to do. Worst of all are QTEs, so fucking many. All the decision making, relationship and premonition mechanics are useless window dressing. It's also not the least bit original. This is just a random mess of half baked ideas from old horror movies. April Fools Day, My Bloody Valentine and a few others.

Last edited:

RBjakeSpecial

20 Year Member
Steam Deck (PC)

Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls -
I bought this because it was on sale for $10 and I played it a little on the PS3 ten years ago. This game has terrible reviews (2s - 5s outta 10) but as a fan of the first NES Wizardry this is awesome so far. I'm only 3 hours in, but it's just an old school dungeon crawler slog with waifu anime graphics. There are a couple of tips the game doesn't tell you (buy a map, you only have one save slot be careful) - but so far I think this game is awesome. It's one of those games you keep thinking about after you play it.

I'd recommend it if you're looking for something similar to the NES version of Wizardy 1, but would like just a little bit of quality of life improvements.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
That new cmvs I bought has me playing the hell out of all the Slugs and NTM. Played others and if I can get my Darksoft multi going again, many, many more.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Finished shining force II last week so i got out the first sega genesis mini again and started to play the first shining force.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Mac
Discovered fightcade so I played a whole lot of stuff.

Switch
Streets of Rage 4

Series X
Little bit of KoF XV
Downloaded MultiVersus but haven't tried it out yet.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Finished shining force II last week so i got out the first sega genesis mini again and started to play the first shining force.
It is nice SF II was on the Mini since 1 was remade and is usually included on Genny collections.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I've really binged this current season of Escape from Tarkov.
Yeah, you do run into cheaters, but most of the time they are not trying to screw with you.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
PS4

Wolfenstein: The New Order- Haven't played a FPS in a few years so I thought I go with a more old-school single player one. It's alright, definitely showing it's age but the real problems is it's made for the PC and they didn't really do some simple things to benefit being on a console. This is clearly meant to be played with a keyboard and mouse. Aside from shooting all the other controls are horrible and super awkward. I mean throw grenade is the same to open your weapon wheel, pick up items and reload your weapon are the same button etc.... basic shit.

Also the on screen text for prompts and controls is too fucking small. Again it was clearly meant for PC and people sitting a foot away from a large monitor not 10 feet away on a couch.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I should be in a Dreamcast phase as I'm putting a Mode in one of mine and selling what I'm not using. Lucked out, one of my laser's had died so nothing to lose.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
It is nice SF II was on the Mini since 1 was remade and is usually included on Genny collections.
Yeah and after i finished SFII i can see why it's consider the best one for genesis.Game play has been more stream line etc and enough variety in the characters that can join you're party.

Reactions: Syn

RBjakeSpecial

20 Year Member
MiSTer FGPA

All the games... Snatcher, Sam Sho V Perfect, Street Fighter Alpha 2 (and Zero 2 Alpha), Super Turbo.. really into this.