Weekly Roundup

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
Ring King NES
I fricking suck at this game. The more bouts you win, the more points you get to distribute among your attributes, but it's a tedious process. What's cool is that prior to each bout, you can adjust your attributes accordingly, to best match up with your opponent. I still stink though.

Super Black Bass SNES
Another game that I fricking suck at. I had more fun driving the little boat around than I did fishing honestly. It was an exercise in trial and error and frustration. Every time I finally found a lure that the fish liked, I'd break my line or lose them somehow. Couldn't catch anything. Haha

We recently cleaned out the basement, and I found a big box of old games (mostly nes, Genesis and snes) that I had put away because I never played them. For whatever reason, I decided that these two were worth putting hours of time into this past week. And, well, I stink at them all right, but I was still oddly compelled to keep playing them. And I'll probably go back and try again soon because here I am still thinking about them. It's a sickness I guess.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
PS4:

R-Type Final 2- Haven't put in much time but am mostly satisfied so far. It looks a little outdated but it's still pretty good looking, especially the weapons and lighting.

Gris- Been playing this very slowly and really checking out the level design, details and art direction. This is one of the most satisfying "art" games I've ever played. It's also hands down one of the most beautiful and unique looking games ever made.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
PS4
Final Fantasy XV - on chapter 8 and just entered a new city via the royal yacht. The main quests are the most interesting part, sidequests are meaningful in terms of gaining exp and money, but fast traveling is tedious at best and anything but fast at worst.

Doom Eternal - on mission 4 and it's tough but fun. Love the new dash mechanic

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
PS4:

R-Type Final 2- Haven't put in much time but am mostly satisfied so far. It looks a little outdated but it's still pretty good looking, especially the weapons and lighting.

Gris- Been playing this very slowly and really checking out the level design, details and art direction. This is one of the most satisfying "art" games I've ever played. It's also hands down one of the most beautiful and unique looking games ever made.

The art director of Gris is one of my favorite artists. I forget if I saw his stuff in Juxtapose or Hi-Fructose but it blew me away, and I'm glad his art was used for a game like this, rather than shoehorned into something less fitting.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
The art director of Gris is one of my favorite artists. I forget if I saw his stuff in Juxtapose or Hi-Fructose but it blew me away, and I'm glad his art was used for a game like this, rather than shoehorned into something less fitting.
Conrad Roset. Yeah he's amazing, I bought his book Muses after watching an interview with him on making the game.

fake

15 Year Member
Conrad Roset. Yeah he's amazing, I bought his book Muses after watching an interview with him on making the game.
Where did you get it? I didn't think it had been published in the US and shipping was insane from Spain.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Where did you get it? I didn't think it had been published in the US and shipping was insane from Spain.

Temporarily out of stock but there's one from a 3rd party seller and Amazon might restock.

Just finished Gris. Obviously it's short but it says only 24% completion so I guess even taking my time I missed a couple things and there are probably places I can get to on a play through with the new abilities.

Overall phenomenal but yeah really short.

fake

15 Year Member
Swech
Octopath Traveler - Got five ppl now. I like the game, but the lack of an overarching narrative is weird. I'm assuming one could come in once I get all 8 characters.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
PS4
Doom Eternal - very challenging. I'm in the last 2 levels and they just throw everything at you. The demons beyond just small fry take some quick thinking and strategy to beat, there's a lot more going on versus the original.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Genesis

Ghouls and Ghosts for the first time in close to 30 years I beat it again. Lots of continues;)
Dragon's Fury too many cheap ball not hitting the lower flippers drains. Devils Crush for the TG16/PCE is the better version to me.
Keio Flying Squadron

TG16/PCE

Alien Crush
Devil's Crush
Daimakaimura I don't think I'll ever beat it. I need unlimited continues cause I'm terrible.
Air Zonk

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Yakuza: Like a Dragon- I'm only 11 or so hours in and while it's starting to get goofy and the turned based system work quite well it's been pretty slow going so far, I hope things pick up soon.

Cotton Reboot- Pretty awesome, feels a lot like Death Smiles as much as it does Cotton.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
PS4
Doom Eternal - Beat this on "Hurt Me Plenty". Fun time but the levels are long, much longer than Doom 2016 but also feel bloated. Too many collectables and items to track per level.

Final Fantasy XV - we beat this one today. I don't love the game, it's a smidge below "like". There are some aspects i did enjoy, such as the growing bond with your team members, the magic being a usable and tactical item, and the spectacle of the Bates themselves when the camera felt like working. Navigating the overworld and completing side quests was a chore, and having to grind separately for AP and EXP until you get skills that accumulated AP is just dumb.

WiiU
Zelda Wind Waker HD - starting this one, i best the GameCube version some time ago and am excited to revisit this version

Neo_Mike_81

King's Dry Cleaner
Dreamcast
Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike
Zero Gunner 2

N64
Ridge Racer 64
Resident Evil 2

SNES
Street Fighter Alpha 2

Neo Geo Mini international
KOF 02/98
Mark of the Wolves
Fatal Fury special
Samurai Showdown 4

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Saturn

Marvel vs Street Fighter
Alpha 2
Darius Gaiden
Sengoku Blade
Gunbird

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
PS4

Yakuza- Like a Dragon: I haven't been this invested in a modern game in a long time.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Been playing Destiny 2 for the Xbone for the past three months. Loved the first one and this has got to be my favourite game of this generation. There's rumours of a Destiny 3 that may come to the Ps5. Definitely jumping on board on that and gives me a reson to buy next gen console if it's true.

Stefan

Philadelphia Freeman,
20 Year Member
Sega NAOMI

Project Justice/Rival Schools sequel
Akatsuki Blitzkampf: Ausf. Achsomething

Taito Nesica server cabinet

Samurai Spirits 2019(Sogetsu practice)
Senko no Ronde DUO ver. 2.3

PlayStation 4

Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle:
Warriors of Fate(Tenchi Wo Kurau)
The King of Dragons

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
8/1/2021
Switch
The Takeover - Having trouble with the 2nd to last stage

Tetris 99

Neo Geo
League Bowling

Sega Saturn
Twin Cobra 2
Up and Down

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
PS4 - Resident Evil 7, borrowed a friends PSVR and it transformed a lukewarm horror game into an actually scary one.

Neo_Mike_81

King's Dry Cleaner
Dreamcast
Capcom vs SNK 2
Project Justice
Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike

Neo Geo CD
Samurai Showdown 3

SNES
Ranma 1/2 Hard Battle