Weekly Roundup

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I might have to check that out. I don't much care for the core Pokémon RPG games, but, I generally like the spin-off shit like pinball, mystery dungeon, match-3 puzzle games, picross, etc.
Based off of your DS and pokemon completion history, I wouldn't doubt that you would get your mileage out of it. The post game is significantly longer than the main quest, which I was able to beat in about 12 or so hours. It can be addicting getting everyone's perfect links and evolving the pokemon.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Got all 120 shines in Super Mario Sunshine. God damn, fuck those blue coins on Corona Mountain. Shit took me like 30 tries to get them all. Great game overall, though. I'll probably wait a bit to jump into Galaxy. Already 120 star'd 64 before playing Sunshine.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
12/6

Super Mario Bros. Game&Watch.

Not a lot of time for gaming right now.

Got a DCHDMI kit and GDEmu clone to install in my twenty-one year old Dreamcast, when I get some free time. Want to play those Atomiswave conversions.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
We're almost done setting up the game room, so we put a PS4 and the Switch in the living room to play coop for a distraction from all these goddamn boxes.

PS4
Diablo III- started a new season with the Witch Doctor (my first character in version 1.0)

Final Fantasy VII - playing this in doses with the gf because she loved remake, but never played the original. Made it out of Midgar and into Kalm.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Bump, got some more gaming in.

PS4
Guilty Gear Xrd - dicking around with the mechanics. Beautiful game

Borderlands 3 - played it a bit on the base PS4 hooked up to the living room. We're gonna need to swap out hard drives for SSDs in order to make this work out.

Gameboy
Kirby's Dream Land 2 - cute little distraction, cleared it in one sitting

Mario Tennis - I enjoy the RPG elements here, it's fantastic but I can't get a grip on the controls to save my life.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
3DS

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. Really captures the classic Zelda feel/atmosphere. Just got the Master Sword.

STILL playing Pokemon Picross/Shuffle/Rumble World too, years after starting. I think I've put 500-600 hours into Shuffle alone; that's scary.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
GB

Tetris/DX - Still prefer the original to DX, but it's not a bad game by any means.
Pokèmon Pinball

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Pokemon Pinball, both the GB original and the GBA Ruby/Sapphire sequel, are da bomb!

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. Really captures the classic Zelda feel/atmosphere. Just got the Master Sword.

Link Between Worlds is probably my favorite Zelda game released in the last 20 years. It's great.

What I've been playin:

PC

GTFO - What a cool game. Amazing atmosphere, and really technically impressive for Unity engine. Coordinating hammer swings with your team will always be tense. I also appreciate a new game in 2020 without daily challenges and costume bullshit, it's playing a game for the game's sake. If you can scrounge up three friends to jump in with you I HIGHLY recommend it.

Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 - Grinding for the SOTM thread. This year is the first year I've tried to take arcade scoring seriously, used to just play for survival. Having a good time, definitely gonna stick with it in the new year. Goal is 70 mill score by the end of month

MVS

Zupapa - When I first played it I felt like it was kinda awkward and stilted, but something clicked for me I guess 'cause I'm really enjoying it. Gonna swing for a 1CC, seems more than obtainable. Current high score is 1,061,300

Last edited:

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Link Between Worlds is probably my favorite Zelda game released in the last 20 years. It's great.

Agreed, i replayed the game a few times back to back just to try out the dungeons in different orders and trying out hard mode. Tons of nods to the original and enough content to stand on its own merits.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Huh, I avoided Link Between Worlds because it seemed kinda gimmicky what with the wall thing...I'll have to try it.

Smitch
Bayonetta 2 - Posted this in the impressions thread, but I'm really loving it. I had the longest gaming session I've had in months yesterday with it. It's way easier than Bayo1, but I'm looking forward to collecting everything and getting decent scores for each fight.

Langrisser - Finished the demo of Langrisser 1. I really like it but will probably wait for a price drop before buying it.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Series X

Borderlands 3

Mostly playing Arms Race and battling bosses for loot. I'm trying a lot of the builds on YouTube looking for a way to beat the one last section I've been unable to beat.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Pokemon Pinball, both the GB original and the GBA Ruby/Sapphire sequel, are da bomb!

I just upgraded an OG GB with one of those new-fangled IPS LCDs, and Pokémon Pinball has never looked so good.

If I ever knew of the existence of a sequel, I completely forgot about it, so I'm def gonna have to lay hands on a copy.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Lamestation4

Minecraft. Excite I know...

XboneX

Started a game of 2077, need to be not dead ass tired so I can try and actually play it for a bit. Also I need to hook up w/Syn for some BL3

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Borderlands 3

I have finally beat all the content just a moment ago. Minos Prime's Takedown took me 5-6 hours to solo.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Borderlands 3

I have finally beat all the content just a moment ago. Minos Prime's Takedown took me 5-6 hours to solo.
We're playing this as well, on Chapter 16. I'm using a beast hunter while the gf stuck to the siren

Also 3DS
Bravely Default - Chapter 3 and doing some side quests to get new jobs.

PS4
Borderlands 3
Diablo 3: Did the Darkening of Tristrim event in order to get the exclusive pets. Working on the season quests and maxing out my build.

MVS
Shocktroopers
Samurai Shodown V Perfect

Last edited:

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Been on a Mech kick last few weeks.

O.G. Xbox

Gunmetal (really enjoyed this game alot, some missions are frustrating until you realize you half to land on ships to take them out faster. Especially the final mission.)

Mechassault 1 & 2

Robotech Battlecry

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
GB

Tetris
Skate or Die Bad n' Rad

GBA

Castlevania CotM
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Pocky & Rocky with Becky

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
PS4
Borderlands 3 - finished the main campaign, not bad but not as challenging as B2

OG Final Fantasy VII - gf never played through this so we powered through, she cried at the end and when Aerith died

PS3
Prince of Persia Sands of Time - tried this out on the HD collection, not really feeling it. Might sell later on, it hasn't hooked me.

Dead Space 2 - much more into this one. On Chapter 5

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Dreamcast

Phantasy Star Online: Levelling up all the characters, weapons and MAG's. Might finally get to beat the Final Boss.

King of Fighters 2000

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
War Hammer 40k Space Marine 360, never been into 40k but damn this game is lots of fun.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
OG box

Halo

XsX

Borderlands 3
Some Yugioh game forget the name

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
PS4
Destiny - started a coop playthrough, I like this one a lot. It doesn't do a good job explaining much, but it's not as cumbersome as most made it out to be.

PS3
Dead Space 2 - chapter 10 back in the Ishimura

Vita
Muramasa - playing the Momohime story for now

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
2/14

GBA

Street Fighter Alpha 3:up:
Capcom Classics Mini Mix
Namco Museum
Castlevania CotM

These new IPS screens for all the old handhelds have made playing on them infinitely more fun.